Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Even if he is struggling a bit (some uncharastically bad passes from him), the difference he brings to this team in the pivot is unquestionable. He keeps us ticking when in posession. Players keep looking to combine passes with him. He constantly tries to provide an outball when the spaces are getting tight. He, along with Hazard is one of the main reasons we can keep possession in the final third and keep these smaller teams under pressure, and hence create much more chances than last year.

Compare that to Mikel, Ramires or even Matic and you would see them constantly turning around with their back to the goal as soon as they recieve passes and look for a save pass towards one of the defenders.

In bad form right now, something has to be done. If I remember correctly, at Inter Jose sent Wesley Sneijder for a week's vacation at Mallorca or something and he ended having the spring of his life. Maybe same should we done with this lad. Go sit under the palm trees for a week or two and then come back for the PSG game.

I thought he already did. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pictures-chelseas-cesc-fabregas-takes-4979998

I was one of Fabregas' biggest critics earlier in the season, but I'm cutting him some slack because while I do agree that he is playing poorly so are most of the players . The entire team hasn't played consistently for several weeks. We've had one or two decent performances this calendar year; everything other game has been a real struggle with mostly terrible football on display.

Might there not be a link though? Barca fans used to say that Cesc and the entire team played brilliantly for the first half of the season but he went missing in the second (except for some stat padding) and the team's level also subsequently dropped. I don't doubt that there's a lot of hyperbole in their arguments but there does seem to be an eerily similar thing happening here.

I thought he already did. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pictures-chelseas-cesc-fabregas-takes-4979998

Might there not be a link though? Barca fans used to say that Cesc and the entire team played brilliantly for the first half of the season but he went missing in the second (except for some stat padding) and the team's level also subsequently dropped. I don't doubt that there's a lot of hyperbole in their arguments but there does seem to be an eerily similar thing happening here.

They very well may be a link - I'm not discounting that; in fact I'd be making similar criticisms if the rest of the team was performing well and Fabregas' form alone had nosedived but that's not the case.

I think the entire team is struggling right now. We play rubbish football with very little cohesion and we're just relying on bits of magic or inspiration to see us through games.

I hope he picks up form. Since his assisting rate has reduced, we haven't played as well this year. He is so important to our gameplay and this bad patch hopefully will stop sooner rather than later.

Maybe the Arsenal fans were right about his season endings :Goober:

If the rest of the team is playing shite - what can he do?

He needs players around to pass too and not just Hazard

Our whole team is poor at the moment and to single out Fabregas as a bottler is pretty poor

Our whole approach to games is no longer attacking and 100% defensive - That's not going to work for him, he needs runners and movement in front of him - exactly what we were doing at the start of the season and exactly what we are not doing now

Drop Cesc into City, Arsenal or Liverpool right now and you will see how good he is - our team needs a wake up call and to lose the negative tactics and start finding space again and looking like they want to fucking win something - instead of running around like a bunch of pussies hoping something might happen

It's a shambles at the moment and Mourinho has to step up and make a decision.

The thing i hate is why we buy players who cant play different styles. I know its hard, but if we play this way in big games, Cesc, Oscar or Mata in past are completel useless. Meaning our key midfielders are pointless in CL. And at that rate we will never win CL unless we have another 2012 season and we will never dominate the big games either.

Midfield or Koke-Matic-Pogba would suit any style and would be more useful for us IMO. But we have Cesc and Oscar and that will have to work for now.

The thing i hate is why we buy players who cant play different styles. I know its hard, but if we play this way in big games, Cesc, Oscar or Mata in past are completel useless. Meaning our key midfielders are pointless in CL. And at that rate we will never win CL unless we have another 2012 season and we will never dominate the big games either.

Midfield or Koke-Matic-Pogba would suit any style and would be more useful for us IMO. But we have Cesc and Oscar and that will have to work for now.

Because Cesc and Oscar won't cost us £60-£70m each like Koke and Pogba would.

Because Cesc and Oscar won't cost us £60-£70m each like Koke and Pogba would.

Or alternatives. Its kinda dumb that we have key player who we cant use in big games. Think Real with Modric or Bayern with Schweini. Those two can play in any situation.

I thought we sold Mata for the same reason that he cant play in big games efficiently...

And I dont think its how we play. Its because of Cesc. He is that kind of player who will never thrive against better teams. Verratti schooled him last time and it wouldnt matter if Cesc played deep or as #10.