Sepp Blatter and FIFA Corruption

He also said the "surly campaign" against Qatar by The Sunday Times may have been triggered by jealousy as Robert Murdoch, media baron and the owner of The Times, was not happy with the great development and growth of beIN SPORTS , the widely popular Al Jazeera Sports channel.

So your source is a media outlet who can't get the name of Rupert Murdoch correct? One of the most important figures in world media, and they get his name wrong?

Bravo young sir, bravo. :clap::clap:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your source is a media outlet who can't get the name of Rupert Murdoch correct? One of the most important figures in world media, and they get his name wrong?

Bravo young sir, bravo. :clap::clap:

Heh - it's just general deflection ;)

Don't be too hard on those guys. Having worked in the UAE - the media is very controlled and they believe they can still control the populace via TV - hence the restrictions and filtering of Internet.

Any country that does not allow 'unblocked' Internet access - has something to hide and seeks to control its citizens... The UK is included in this with its ban on torrent sites (not as far up the scale, but a worrying trend)...

Even Stevie Wonder can see the corruption here - it's not going away ;)

Every time you post a link I get this sense of deja vu, that I'm going to Google the source of a quote in your link and see something that undermines the credibility of the comments being made. I wonder if that will be the case this time.

Goes to link...sees source of comments are the CEO of a telecoms firm called Ooredoo.

Googles Ooredoo and finds Wikipedia article about them.

Looks at who their chairman is....Saud bin Muhammad bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Jassim bin Muhammed Al Thani (born February 28, 1966) is a Qatari prince[1] and former minister of Culture, Arts and Heritage

Rinse...repeat....rinse....repeat.... :clap: :clap:

Every time you post a link I get this sense of deja vu, that I'm going to Google the source of a quote in your link and see something that undermines the credibility of the comments being made. I wonder if that will be the case this time.

Goes to link...sees source of comments are the CEO of a telecoms firm called Ooredoo.

Googles Ooredoo and finds Wikipedia article about them.

Looks at who their chairman is....Saud bin Muhammad bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Jassim bin Muhammed Al Thani (born February 28, 1966) is a Qatari prince[1] and former minister of Culture, Arts and Heritage

Rinse...repeat....rinse....repeat.... :clap: :clap:

He has 13 names. Who needs 13 names? 5 of his names are bin!

He has 13 names. Who needs 13 names? 5 of his names are bin!

:lol:

Bin means son of. So, his name is Saud, his father's Muhammad, his granddad's Ali...etc. You can go back as far as you want. And Al Thani at the end means the second.

So, basically, his name is Saud the second.

Not as glamorous as Saud bin Muhammad bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Jassim bin Muhammed Al Thani, though, you must admit! :P

I think it speaks to your naivety that you use terms like 'neutral media' when there is no media without bias anywhere in the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27852571

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/15/qatar-world-cup-bid-2022

I know some people like to have a pop at the English media (often from a position of naivety and ignorance) but it's actually something the people in this country should be rightly proud of for the most part. When it comes to investigative reporting, we have a fine tradition of fine work as well as one of the best examples of a truly free media. That some would try to besmirch that is utterly pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst possible places to hold it that offers for the first time in history a micro world cup. The opportunity for an individual to watch 4 World Cup games at the same time, in air conditioned stadiums using breakthrough technology. The breakthrough technology that was reported dead and over by the English media while only a few months back, private companies declared that they made huge advancements as Qatar this week announced deals for Solar power. Worst possible place, if there wasn't a government that has the balls, money and power to achieve what it wants.

That campaign is run by an NGO consisting of women who are essentially Qatari and staunch muslims., in no way connected to the government or reflecting their own policies. Qatar's the one that has loosened laws so that you can see skin everywhere. Though i hope they didn't do that anyway. If you're proud to let your daughter's and wives, run around in tiny skirts flaunting their estrogen fueled bodies in every possible way then do so. In your own country. You come to Qatar , then you respect their values , traditions and religious beliefs. Unlike other countries, they haven't forgotten what it means to be born in Qatar. If females don't want to show that they have self respect then be it, you just don't need to flaunt it at people who have their own beliefs.

I'd love to see these you beaut airconditioned stadiums.

What a fucking pipe dream. Airconditioned stadiums :D what next, the 2026 tournament will be played on Neptune?

I'd love to see these you beaut airconditioned stadiums.

What a fucking pipe dream. Airconditioned stadiums :D what next, the 2026 tournament will be played on Neptune?

I'm travelling right now but three to four days back they tested it in a fanzone outside the stadium of a local popular match. Reduced temperature by 10* Celsius in a particular perimeter. If I'm not wrong the stadium tests start next week. I'll get back to that dream statement after that.