Sepp Blatter and FIFA Corruption

My eyes don't lie. I look out the window, two World Cup sites, not even joking. No one's working, just a big hole. But the media says blood flows near it, so it must be true...

The Olympics are given to a City ,, The World Cup to a Country.. That means stadia in numerous cities and hotel accommodation

for visitors

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What difference does it make if they've "changed". Doesn't bring back those needless deaths.

This is true. It was outrageous, and I was outraged too. The system in place was barbaric and one good thing about Britain and America trying their best to get the WC is that they got it abolished. The difference now is that there aren't any more people dying just so that they can send a little more money. The fact is that the government is not giving out contracts to private companies anymore, the people who are also to be blamed even though the government laws were very loose.

Thankfully more people are coming in and I'm thankful that they don't have to go through the same situation the people before them did. It's a bright sign, but one that won't be shown. Cause that won't make a good headline to make money.

The Olympics are given to a City ,, The World Cup to a Country.. That means stadia in numerous cities and hotel accommodation

for visitors

I don't know what you're trying to imply, but the stadiums are mostly built in one city, and two more. One is being constructed, the other is already here, and the third one's Doha( the one were most stadiums are going to be and the hotels too). Three of them are less than 45 minutes apart.

Just one hole(out of 7 atleast) dug in the ground using a machine and apparently thousands are dying in World Cup sites which haven't even started. Great analogy media.

That's just so naive I don't even know where to begin. Surely you must be aware that building the stadia is actually a very small part of the bigger picture. Because of the World Cup there is a plan to spend over $100 billion between now and 2022 on all kinds of infrastructure projects to get the country ready to host the tournament so in reality the venues amount to less than 10% of the total works. Like you said the works on the stadia has hardly begun but ever since the WC was awarded to your country they have kept themselves busy with all the side projects and I think it's more than fair to include them in the "World Cup death toll". Too many people have already lost their lives and countless more will continue to do so in the next 8 years if they allow this nonsense to continue.

I don't know what you're trying to imply, but the stadiums are mostly built in one city, and two more. One is being constructed, the other is already here, and the third one's Doha( the one were most stadiums are going to be and the hotels too). Three of them are less than 45 minutes apart.

The population of your country and it's footballing history in no way justifies the granting of the world cup ..

You have bought other sports but the World Cup is too big to be bought in this way

That's just so naive I don't even know where to begin. Surely you must be aware that building the stadia is actually a very small part of the bigger picture. Because of the World Cup there is a plan to spend over $100 billion between now and 2022 on all kinds of infrastructure projects to get the country ready to host the tournament so in reality the venues amount to less than 10% of the total works. Like you said the works on the stadia has hardly begun but ever since the WC was awarded to your country they have kept themselves busy with all the side projects and I think it's more than fair to include them in the "World Cup death toll". Too many people have already lost their lives and countless more will continue to do so in the next 8 years if they allow this nonsense to continue.[/quote

Sites don't just mean stadia. The budget was just decided a week ago. The government here is playing it out like they don't give a fuck.

The population of your country and it's footballing history in no way justifies the granting of the world cup ..

You have bought other sports but the World Cup is too big to be bought in this way

Far from my country once again. My country loves cricket.

The point of football is reaching out to everyone . It's not the playtoy for bully countries . Outrageous that a World Cup shouldn't be awarded to a country because it has no footballing history.

Bought , bribed yet zero proof apart from the Sunday mail talking about emails that they refused to share screenshots of with the QFA .

Far from my country once again. My country loves cricket.

The point of football is reaching out to everyone . It's not the playtoy for bully countries . Outrageous that a World Cup shouldn't be awarded to a country because it has no footballing history.

Bought , bribed yet zero proof apart from the Sunday mail talking about emails that they refused to share screenshots of with the QFA .

emotive words again "playtoy for bully countries" Lets just give it to those nice people with loads of oil and money .

And when the W C is over they will give the stadium to the African Nations

emotive words again "playtoy for bully countries" Lets just give it to those nice people with loads of oil and money .

And when the W C is over they will give the stadium to the African Nations

To the people who are working hard for it and want to achieve a dream even when others are trying to push them out with hatred and jealousy. If you had gone through the bid policies , you would know what the stadiums are going to be used for .

Look everyone knows FIFA is corrupt...

It's what they do with that level of corruption... The thing is, like all Governing Bodies, they've believed their own bullshit, thought they could do anything and have now been caught with their pants round their ankles whilst Mrs Qatar is busy pleasing them... Metaphorically speaking...

A 'smart' man - would have followed the tried ad trusted (Bill Clinton) way out of this. Deny full scale backhanders, concede some 'low level' corruption could have occurred, slaughter a few sacrificial members in public, promise it will never happen again, go away and donate to charity and move on...

However, Sepp Blatter is not smart... And with ridiculous comments like this, attempting to play national identity and pride off against people that know he is corrupt - will not end well for him...

There's a great saying - 'give them just enough rope, and they will hang themselves' - well Sepp, you have the rope, now - please, do us all a favour and use it...

I don't quite get this whole British/American conspiracy thing. Half the stadiums look like they're going to be designed by British or American architects for starters, and now it's big multinational corporations backing investigations into the bidding process.

Bottom line - a few greedy FIFA multimillionaires have been bunged a few more million by a few greedy billionaires, both with blood on their hands, to stage the international version of the beautiful game.

Sometimes I wish England could uninvent football...

Bottom line - a few greedy FIFA multimillionaires have been bunged a few more million by a few greedy billionaires, both with blood on their hands, to stage the international version of the beautiful game.

Sometimes I wish England could uninvent football...

We did and called it Rugby then the Aussies and All Blacks took it over

We did and called it Rugby then the Aussies and All Blacks took it over

Some toffs picked up the ball and ran, thus a middle class sport was borne. Hoofuckingray.

Football, the working class game, invented in England. Anyway back on topic...

Blatter said it would all be cleared up at the end of this week. Now with the Sunday Times having another six pages of evidence of corruption, and (what they are really scared of - sponsors getting jittery, he has said it will be cleared up by October. Expect heads to roll, and a whitewash to follow....

It does not really matter what Blatter says and if his claims are justified in that special case. He is a corrupted scumbag who has lost it completely. The whole FIFA is corrupted to the core and the 2018 (probably) and the 2022 WCs have been bought. Slowly but surely that corruption in football will carry off the sport if the people do not cut off the cancer.

Some toffs picked up the ball and ran, thus a middle class sport was borne. Hoofuckingray.

Football, the working class game, invented in England. Anyway back on topic...

Blatter said it would all be cleared up at the end of this week. Now with the Sunday Times having another six pages of evidence of corruption, and (what they are really scared of - sponsors getting jittery, he has said it will be cleared up by October. Expect heads to roll, and a whitewash to follow....

You really need to study History .. Football was played in the "toffs " schools ,, and by the VERY posh Corinthian Casuals .

The real working class game was Rugby League ,,