The Board

CPO SEEKS NEW CHAIR

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/cpo/cpo-news/cpo-seeks-new-chair

At this morning’s Annual General Meeting, Charles Rose announced his intention to step down as Chair of CPO.

In a statement Charles commented: ‘Serving on the board and as Chair has been a real pleasure as well as an honour, and whilst I will miss much of the day to day involvement, I will not be a stranger to this ground or indeed to many of you. I remain as committed to CPO as ever. The time is right for a new person to step in during this period of impasse in the redevelopment to provide a fresh impetus for CPO.’

The Board of Directors have requested that applications for the post should be submitted by Friday 14 February. A job brief and application form can be downloaded here. Please note that this is an unpaid position. Any questions please email [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/14/manchester-city-banned-from-champions-league-two-seasons-ffp-uefa?CMP=share_btn_tw

I'm not sure what's full details of City's breach over the FFP but they just got punished for it. A reminder that we need to be careful with the spending etc. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/14/manchester-city-banned-from-champions-league-two-seasons-ffp-uefa?CMP=share_btn_tw
I'm not sure what's full details of City's breach over the FFP but they just got punished for it. A reminder that we need to be careful with the spending etc. 
Says the guy that wants Sancho for 120 mio. Euros

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Always these indirect hints that we should go for Sancho, instead of Ziyech or Boga

Think I have mentioned a few times in the last few days that spending over 100 million on a single player when we still need to spend on a ST, a LB and potentially a GK would be a serious case of mismanagement of resources. Personally, I could care less whether we get Sancho or not. Now that we have gotten Ziyech, Sancho feels like a luxury player and having Pulisic/CHO/Sancho/Ziyech would be overkill (a point what I have mentioned several times on here). I want the club to go spend on other areas that need urgent fixing instead of spending what would probably be 3/4 our budget on a single player and still be left wanting in those said areas. I want Lampard, the club to spend wisely and improve the squad, not simply spend on players because they're the flavor of the month etc. Will Lampard and the club do that? God knows. We support Chelsea and Chelsea tend to make some boneheaded decisions. So yeah, god knows. 

27 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

For what then? Any specific easy to understand article?haha

City got punished for for "overstating its sponsorship revenue in its accounts" and failing "to cooperate in the investigation".

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-city/story/4052767/manchester-city-faces-two-year-champions-league-ban-for-ffp-violations

38 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

CIty is not punished for transfer spending.

True but think the point here is that UEFA have actually come down hard on a club breaching the FFP rules. They might come down hard too on others if they were to breach similar FFP rules. 

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Always these indirect hints that we should go for Sancho, instead of Ziyech or Boga

Yeah incredible arrogance from the fans for wanting a better player than Ziyech and Boga combined in Sancho.

It you look at our squad it is a bit embarrassing how many average players there are? 
Arrizabalaga 

Caballero 

Alonso 

Emerson 

Barkley 

Pedro 

Willian 

Giroud 

Batshuayi 

How long will this mess take to sort out painful rebuild. 

42 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

It you look at our squad it is a bit embarrassing how many average players there are? 
Arrizabalaga 

Caballero 

Alonso 

Emerson 

Barkley 

Pedro 

Willian 

Giroud 

Batshuayi 

How long will this mess take to sort out painful rebuild. 

1 Summer actually. 

Sancho

Ziyech

GK

LB

Striker.

Done. 

But we all know in reality it will be.

Deadline day... 

GK 

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

1 Summer actually. 

Sancho

Ziyech

GK

LB

Striker.

Done. 

But we all know in reality it will be.

Deadline day... 

GK 

If we don't finish in the Top 4, then people can forget about Sancho etc, I think. Our budget would be reduced because the club would have to cover the loss of not getting the CL money. We suffered a 96 million loss when we last missed out on the CL...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7841179/Chelsea-announce-96-6m-LOSS-financial-year-making-profit-2017-2018.html

1 hour ago, Jason said:

If we don't finish in the Top 4, then people can forget about Sancho etc, I think. Our budget would be reduced because the club would have to cover the loss of not getting the CL money. We suffered a 96 million loss when we last missed out on the CL...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7841179/Chelsea-announce-96-6m-LOSS-financial-year-making-profit-2017-2018.html

Top5**. 

And looks like you don't believe we can get CL place through CL this season?

Just 7 games away :wave: