The Board

Unless they change the board and Emonolo I don't think changing the managers will make any difference in the long run tbh.

In Spain or in Italy directors get same if not more blame when the results are bad. Who the fuck is Emenalo and why is he in charge?

Director at Bayern: Matthias Sammer, Ballon D'or Winner, champion of Bundesliga both as a player and a manager.

Director at Juventus: Nedved, former captain of Czech national team and Ballon D'or Winner.

Real and Barca also use their former players as directors and also get advice from people like Sacchi.

Our board and director have no idea what goes on in and outside the pitch compared to the teams that we are competing with in Europe.

I don't believe any of this criteria has any relevance on what a director of football does. Being a balon d'or winner or not has no bearing on the capability of an individual in regards to this job.

I don't believe any of this criteria has any relevance on what a director of football does. Being a balon d'or winner or not has no bearing on the capability of an individual in regards to this job.

Juventus and Bayern board think differently obviously. These are the clubs who spent much more wisely than us btw.

Of course not every Ballon D'or winner would become a great football director, but these players were not just talented, but also hardworking leaders/directors on the pitch and the teams (national and club) they led were successful both in domestic and international competitions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chelsea transfer guru Michael Emenalo 'fighting for his job after disastrous start to season'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-transfer-guru-michael-emenalo-6807860

The same logic should be applied to Emenalo as with Mourinho: one poor spell should not overshadow a previously prosperous relationship.

The same logic should be applied to Emenalo as with Mourinho: one poor spell should not overshadow a previously prosperous relationship.

I agree, but this should be a massive lesson learnt and I hope that Emenalo has been spoken too about it. The previous season saw us do business so quickly that the squad was settled and new players bedded in with immediate effect. There was no need to change tact or outlook just because we won the title, but I think the board, JM and the players are very guilty of resting on their laurels in a big, big way.

Emenalo signed Hazard, Oscar, Azpilicueta, Salah, Zouma, De Bruyne, Courtois, Lukaku in a span of a few years. Not his fault our manager sold half and can't develop the remaining. I'd blame Mourinho but we were stupid for bringing him in with such a talented squad in place.

A few short term signings later and that incredibly gifted 12/13 squad has been completely dismantled.

The person who was in charge of the transfers this summer should be fired as soon as possible, I still can't believe why we didn't strengthen our squad.

That person ain't the board.

Not in British type of management at any rate.

The boards only give info relevant to the budget to the managers.

• 1 month later...