Chelsea v Sunderland

Jase

I hate you for reminding me of that notorious day! You couldn't have made a reference to the 7-2 win instead?! :angry:

We had all of our full-backs on the field that day: Back 4 were Bosingwa Ivanovic Paulo Ashley with Zhirkov on the wing. :lol:That line-up was notorious.

the most important game is the one with liverpool next sunday. title will be based on that game for the top 3 teams

Wrong. Most important game is Sunderland on Saturday. We don't win that we might as well not go to Anfield. All focus on Saturday for now, be professional, get the 3 points and move on to Sunday week.

Big game to kickstart the most vital 11 days in our season - this spell will define it.

Hazard, fit or not, shouldn't start. Bench at best. Need him fit and firing for Liverpool and Atletico to stand a chance in those games.

Apart from that, I think the team tomorrow will be interesting. I'm sure Jose will rest one or two others for Tuesday. Here's what I think we'll line up with:

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Salah, Willian, Schurrle; Ba.

Sunderland aren't very good, we just need to ensure it's game over by the hour mark or they'll make it nervous like they did at Anfield and City.

2-0 - Ba with both.

CHELSEA, CHELSEA, CHELSEA

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Matic; Salah, Oscar, Schurrle, Eto'o

(1) Oscar was rested in the last game so should start. Willian should be rested.

(2) We need Lampard and Luiz fully rested for Atletico, so I go with Ramires. I seriously don't want Ramires to start against Atletico.

(3) Eto'o should start as we need to work him back to full fitness and he always plays well at home. We need a fit Eto'o for the second leg against Atletico. He delivers in big games.

(4) Cole starting is a no-brainer. We need him match fit for Atletico because Ivanovic is suspended for that game.

(5) If Eden is fit to play then he should come on for the last 20 mins for more match fitness.

Good analysis, but the one player that should start is Ba. He is on form, so why drop him?

Good analysis, but the one player that should start is Ba. He is on form, so why drop him?

Because I want Eto'o to start against Atletico Madrid at home and Ba to start against Atleti away (though a case can be made for Torres starting that) and Liverpool away (Torres will be shit in this game and Eto'o can't score away from Stamford Bridge).

Ba might have scored, but his movement and all round play against Swansea were disappointing and they generally are when he starts a game from the first minute. His physicality might be useful in away games, especially that Altetico one.

Eto'o should start to gain match fitness in anticipation of the Atletico home game. I'm sure Jose has it figured out anyway.

The thing is, Sunderland didn't really park the bus yesterday except maybe in the last 10 or so minutes. They really went and attacked City and had more chances than them in the first half and I thought overall they genuinely deserved the draw if not all three points.

Not sure if that should make me more confident because we want them to attack us and leave spaces and because even when they did park the bus their defense was not that good and they gave City a lot of chances or less confident because we're playing a team that have just out-played City (granted City were generally crap throughout the match).

Exactly. I was listening to the commentary of the City and Sunderland game and when they kept throwing men forward for counter attacks and set pieces the commentary team were surprised as they thought Sunderland should have been content with a point but of course they were not content with a point as they are 6 points from safety. They needed that win and that draw might not do much favours for them. Especially as they are going to us away from home and still going to Old Trafford.

So I don't think we will see a game where we are playing a bus like you said because a point just reduces their chances of staying up. They need wins and hopefully an attacking impetus from them will allow us do to what we do best. Pick them off on the counter. While I can see why you may be concerned in how they outplayed City, City were missing Toure and Silva. Hopefully our midfielders are able to dominate the game, even without Hazard playing and I also think that game will give our team a warning to never become complacent.

I had a dream we lost this match

We all dreamt you will have that dream and we show the you the outcome on Saturday.

the most important game is the one with liverpool next sunday. title will be based on that game for the top 3 teams

First is to finish win 3 point from Sunderland game then limpool be consider important

city are out of the title race, either liverpool or chelsea will go unbeaten, i think it's going to be us purely because we're not afraid to park the bus

for the limpool game Chelsea need the 3 point more than limpool it has to be a most win for Chelsea I hope we come out victorious