Raphael Varane

Sidzeret

I don't get why people are so excited about him, yes he is a very young and accomplished defender, whilst Jt, Cahill and Iva are not getting any younger, but come on. It is not htat there is a shortage of good CBs in the world market right now. When there is an opportunity to buy one, well be it. Though as U21 CBs we already got Zouma, Kalas and Christensen is rumoured to be not that shabby either. It is rather the age bracket I am more concerned about. When Terry retires next season we should have an experienced CB to replace him who is well in his twenties in the best case.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry, Cahill, Kalas and Zouma is fine for the CB position with Ivanovic covering where needed.

Kalas, Zouma?

Yes, interesting prospects, but please.. We are aiming to win the BPL or CL next season. Its basically a "must" to win either.

Do you think we'll do that having to rely on someone who's hardly played for us and one who never has?

Makes sense.

Never bought into the idea that Mourinho was going to go in next season with Kalas or zouma as the 3rd cb and if Ivan sticks to RB, which I think there is a good chance he does, than Mourinho would want Varane to replace JT this season or the one after.

What did he do at the end? Simeone was absolutely furious with him and was ready to knock him out!

Nothing, he passed the ball to him and I think Diego thought he was mocking him. Basically it is a case of Simeone being a dick.

I think Mourinho and Varane had a good relationship, and this is why Mourinho has maybe even called Varane to propose something to him, such as an automatic first team spot.

But the only real doubt he has with Madrid i think, is the fact that he needs to know that he will start. He was injured in the beginning of 13/14 and when he came back the defense was set, so ideally 14/15 will be a fresh start for him, i'm pretty sure he understands this. He will probably talk with Ancelotti after the world cup.

Option 1

- Madrid gives him reasonable monetary improvement with new contract and talks with Carlo to ensure a good progression for his career alongside his CL winning team mates.

Option 2

- He says feck it and joins Chelsea.

It might not be and at the same time might be as simple as that.

Also, if Pogba joins, Benzema stays, and Zidane can't find club, even more reason to stay for him. Although Zidane will probably leave for a french club, and Benz might renew actually.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You