Raphael Varane

Sidzeret

That's the point. If there's a release clause, it isn't a case of 'a chance you don't always get', as the clause is there and won't be removed unless he's offered a new contract. I don't know if there is and how much that is, but José knows exactly what's the case, as he signed him.

Shaw already has a very high price, we desperately need a striker - or even more than one (I'm not sure Mourinho is that willing to keep Lukaku). We need to start adding English players or homegrown talents to fill the EPL quota of such. I think it's unlikely for us to spend so much money at once. We'll be spending a lot between Shaw - who I honestly see coming - and a striker. Not to say the smaller signings that we do about 10-15m (Zouma, Salah, even someone as expensive as André - who I think was 18m, but as @didierforever, corrected me, I'm not the person to quote on how much we spend, lol)

Well, I kind of agree, but I honestly think we can afford a new striker + Shaw + Varane (hypothetically)...

I will start with Varane: The chance of this buy-out clause being true is almost zero (imo). Real Madrid is not a dumb club by any means and they know better how to make a very tied contract. Nevertheless, to answer your question, there is indeed a buy-out clause of a certain value because it is obligatory in Spain for players to have it. But again, if it is really 25mi, I very much doubt.

Finances: Chelsea renewed Luiz contract last year and it was rumored to be 100k+/week or something. So, by signing Varane and selling Luiz by the same price, we would actually be saving money in the long term. Then next, Cole has a huge chance of leaving and he is on around 150k/week, so even if Shaw costs us 20mi, we would be recovering a bit of that over the years. And about the new striker, well, if Torres and Eto'o do leave, thats around 2mi per month in wages; which is clearly less than the new striker would make (especially if it is someone less famous like Costa). So, in the end of the day, Chelsea would finish the transfer window with an expense of 50-60mi. A big amount, but not close to the 100mi both Manchester teams will probably spend!

We dont desperately need a center-back (Zouma, Terry, Cahill, Kalas and Iva are good enough). We just really need a LB and a ST. But like TOPTB said, sometimes we have to grab nice rare opportunities whenever they appear, and I believe Varane is one of them!

EDIT: Just like I dont believe we necessarily need a CM/DLP anymore, but if a great player becomes available in the transfer window, I wouldnt see a problem if Mourinho wants him...

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence came in modric!!!!! Also I seriously doubt jose would make a mistake of making us as dependent on hazard as RM were/are on CR. CR was at his peak. EH is still just 23 and some distance off CR.

Ironically, he won both Copa del Rey and La Liga before Luka Modric came in and Modric pretty much struggled under Mourinho

Still dont think we are going to play possession based football.

P.s.how did we end up here from Varane? :P

Zouma is a bit overrated.

He's a project. Similar to D Luiz, except Luiz is 26 and Zouma is still a teenager.

Varane on the other hand is the best young CB in the world. If chelsea is willing to pay 25m-30m for shaw, paying the release clause for varane is a no brainer.

Don't forget we will offload a lot of deadwood like Romeu, Marin, Kakuta, Ba (and if possible Torres), etc...

With the selling of Luiz to Barca, we could afford some signings, don't forget the new Addidas deal and the new TV rights raise (100M £ for the title winner)

we are 3three players away from been a complete football team..a top class centre forward, a left back and a dlp/cm which is most important aspect/department on the field of play cos games are either won or lost in the middle of the pitch...we can all c the wonders and quality of play our team is capable of with the acquisition of a world class dlp/cm new to nemanja a player in d mould of gundogan/vidal or kroos but i ll choose d former...for me that should be our mindset...back to varane...varane is a fucking good wonderkid dat ll solidify our defensive line but i think he should be our last or 4th transfer target...

Personally I would rather get Varane and Shaw instead of a striker along the lines of Diego Costa or Benzema.

Lukaku is very good, and I think maybe even Bamford might get a look in the first team next season (if he keeps putting the ball in the net like he has been). Torres will also probably still play here ( :( ).

Varane and Shaw are players that are very good, very young and have a high ceiling. The chance to buy those kind of players doesn't come around every day! We only had one shot to get Hazard, look how that turned out!

• 1 month later...

That tweet lost all it's credibility at "full-back".

Anyway, Zidane's leaving after this season and Varane hasn't exactly been favoured by Ancelotti who's only given him 10 starts in La Liga so it's not impossible for him to go this summer and we know Mourinho likes him. Don't know where that would leave the likes of Zouma, Kalas etc. though.

Anyway, Zidane's leaving after this season and Varane hasn't exactly been favoured by Ancelotti who's only given him 10 starts in La Liga so it's not impossible for him to go this summer and we know Mourinho likes him. Don't know where that would leave the likes of Zouma, Kalas etc. though.

Better than both Kalas and Zouma atm. Could see him become our new 3rd choice CB straight away after Terry and Cahill cause Mourinho is a firm believer in this kid's ability.

I think Varane asked CA to not play him more than once a week or so due to an injury he suffered from back in November which itself sidelined him 2 months.

Better than both Kalas and Zouma atm. Could see him become our new 3rd choice CB straight away after Terry and Cahill cause Mourinho is a firm believer in this kid's ability.

Yeah, obviously Varane is miles ahead both of them at the moment but why spend £12m on a world class prospect like Zouma if only six months later you're going to buy a similar player who's a couple of years ahead of him in development?

Luiz will most likely be sold and Terry can't go on forever and even next season might not be as good as he's been this year so there will definitely be enough games available for whoever will be the third CB along with JT and Cahill but can't see anyone else getting a big enough role, especially with Ivanovic still around, so players like Kalas, Zouma, Christensen etc. would immediately be cast aside if we got another CB now. Wouldn't complain if we got a player like Varane who I rate very highly but even so I would be worried about the youngsters we already have for the centre-back department.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You