Raphael Varane

Sidzeret

This argument is just tiresome. By 6 defenders you refer to Atletico game I assume? Luiz played as CM, Azpilicueta was deployed up the pitch aswell - 4 man back line, of course changing from situation if we're attacking or defending, every team does this. You actually sound like a Liverpool fan right now with these biased comments. Drop it already, Hazard messed up. Mourinho messed up, MOVE ON.

Just being sarcastic mate, i would love him over here, cause he has talent. Never can't have enough of that. Moved on allready on thursday morning..

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to put out an unpopular opinion...

What if the reason why mourinho doesn't let azpilicueta move forward like ivanovic is because of Terry.

I mean look at it, if we lose the ball why iva is still upfront, cahill has enough speed to follow up a striker. But Terry won't be able to run back like say ramos and pepe to catch up. Could this be why azpi doesn't move forward and will a faster, composed, solid defender finally let mourinho release azpi from his shackles??

Bring this guy in and sell Luiz.

Imagine next season Azpi - Cahill Varane -Rodriguez/Coentrao

You know what is called that line-up? Fucking Juice we would be even better on defense while having a lot more attack options.

You know what is called that line-up? Fucking Juice we would be even better on defense while having a lot more attack options.

I hope we get Varane as well.

I've been saying for a while we should get Coentrao instead of Shaw - much cheaper, more experienced especially in big games, knows Jose. I remember he was fantastic at Euro 2012 and he was great against Bayern recently

The actual line-up will be: Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Varane is one of the best up and coming players in the world, not limited to center backs or even just defenders. You can never have too much talent and he certainly would be an upgrade to the back line.

Also, +1 to getting Coentrao... he is one of the most underrated wing defenders in the world and is already on the way out of Real Madrid, so obviously less money for him.

he defended very badly vs valencia last night

Hes been very much out of sorts this season, struggling to get a lot of games ahead of Pepe and Ramos certainly hasn't helped him when hes had a chance to play either, looked rusty vs Valencia.

The actual line-up will be: Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Why are Chelsea haters on this forum?

We are 100% getting atleast a LB and in case we don't get Varane or another CB Zouma will play an important role, so your affirmation is false .. :ph34r:

Why are Chelsea haters on this forum?

I'm a Chelsea hater for thinking the defence will be Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta? We've seen how much Mourinho has praised the defence this season and I suspect it most likely will be those 4 starting next season too — sorry to disappoint!

We are 100% getting atleast a LB

Thanks for letting us know Roman!

I'm a Chelsea hater for thinking the defence will be Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta? We've seen how much Mourinho has praised the defence this season and I suspect it most likely will be those 4 starting next season too — sorry to disappoint!

Thanks for letting us know Jose!

Mourinho never said he won't do changes in defense this summer. You don't need to know a lot about football to realize our fullbacks don't do much in offense.

You don't need to know a lot about football to realize our fullbacks don't do much in offense.

We all know that but Jose doesn't seem to appreciate the importance of full backs in offensive football; otherwise he wouldn't have continued to play Ivanovic at RB and Azpi at LB in pretty much every game where we were going to face a defensive unit.

We all know that but Jose doesn't seem to appreciate the importance of full backs in offensive football; otherwise he wouldn't have continued to play Ivanovic at RB and Azpi at LB in pretty much every game where we were going to face a defensive unit.

He played them in most games because he had no other option except Cole who was injured for a good part of the season.

He played them in most games because he had no other option except Cole who was injured for a good part of the season.

If he wanted his full backs to offer an attacking threat he wouldn't have loaned out Bertrand. The fact of the matter is that Jose prioritised defence over offense even against the smaller teams and that, in part, has been our downfall this season.

• 3 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You