Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

Melanicus

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

• Diego Costa
    • Mario Balotelli
    • Radamel Falcao
    • Edinson Cavani
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Edin Dzeko
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Mario Mandzukic
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Jackson Martinez
    • Christian Benteke
    • Luis Suarez

Absolutely Cavani. I don't understand why we didn't just bid for him when he had a release clause at Napoli? It would then just have been a case of convincing him to play up-front in the best league in the world under arguably the best manager in the world with some ridiculously good talent behind him (namely Eden Hazard) instead of playing in some dull league on the wing (albeit we might not have been able to match the wages of PSG). We have no chance of getting him now though sadly. He'll be leading their line after Ibra and they will not sell.

I think we may end up getting Falcao but I feel that after his ACL injury and his poor performances in Ligue 1 beforehand, he would be another Torres.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accessing all the options and how they would fit and availability.

People with good first touch, agility, dribbling and technique are the best choices. Because even if they have a bad game, they can create something out of nothing like drogba.

In this respect, the strikers with technique are.

1. Suarez

2. Balloteli

3. Benzema

4. Rooney

There is also an issue with people who will fit the system. We play a high pressing, fast dribbling, counter attacking system. And we use only one striker up top. In this respect people who are used to this system are

1. Benzema (worked with mourinho, knows his system more than any other)

2. Mandzukic (played fantastic last season in a similar system to ours. He had ribery, muller and robben behind him. Exactly similar to hazard, oscar and salah)

3. Cavani (Excellent at napolis counter attacking, also a workhorse)

4. Rooney (plays counter attacking under ferguson, but in a 2 striker system)

5. Costa (plays counter attacking, but played with 2 striker system almost all the time)

Not all these are available too. So in terms of availability, cost and realistically

1. Costa (Pay 32mil clause and he's yours)

2. Mandzukic (lewandoski has come to replace him, gotze plays as striker in some games while he's on the bench. Not happy about that surely)

3. Balloteli (Ac milan out of champs lge places and need money)

4. Rooney (if he doesn't sign contract by summer, he has a clause where he can buy off his remaining time. Easy for Roman to pay that and it'll be off FFP)

5. Benzema (if madrid buy suarez from liverpool, he'll be available)

6. Suarez (if liverpool don't qualify for champs lge, and madrid don't go for him, activate 70mil release clause and he's yours if he wants to come)

7. Cavani (unhappy playing on the wings but we can't challenge PSG when it comes to money. So he's stuck unless the 75% tax increase forces PSG's hands)

Conclusion

From this, I think mandzukic would fit the criteria the best.

He played last season in bayern munich with the kind of football we are trying to play and he was a superb team player that fit the system well. He has superb workrate and easily displaced Mario gomez out of the team. He has height so that ivanovic crosses can get to him easier and cech can also find him too instead of only ivanovic.

We have similar players to his teamates too.

Ribery - Hazard

Muller - Oscar

Robben - Salah/willian

Javi Martinez - Matic

Just saw this thread now so I'll post this again:

Luis Muriel looks like an interesting player. He's the type of striker we should take a gamble on if the fee makes sense. I haven't seen much of him but he looks like the type of striker we need in that he has good technique, pace, dribbling ability. He's only 22 years old so he has plenty of room for development.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/1krrumhjpuwwhqeggati9a/Show

Drogba was the same in fairness.

One thing that I hate about Costa is that he turned down the chance to play for Brazil in a World Cup in Brazil to play for Spain. Crazy.

Drogba was NOTHING like Costa. Not even close. Absolutely astonished you think that.

IMO we shouldn't attempt to buy Cavani because his fee would be around the £50 mark and there's just too much of a risk that he could flop in the PL. I would go for Benzema to be honest, he already knows Mourinho and he wouldn't cost the amount that Cavani would.

Second to that would be Costa, simply for his goal ratio and reasonable buy out clause.

Benzema, Lukaku and Torres and the strikers for next season.

Who cares seriously? Can't you guys wait till the summer to start moaning about our strikers and fantasizing about other clubs players?

We're in a title race, why worry about something that's out of our hands?

You obviousley care since you bothered replying here.

Stop spreading negativity, if u dont want to join the discussion then just stay away!

Who cares seriously? Can't you guys wait till the summer to start moaning about our strikers and fantasizing about other clubs players?

We're in a title race, why worry about something that's out of our hands?

Mourinho dropped a hint in the pre-match presser on Friday about the striker situation and people are discussing who'd fit in here, who'd be great etc

As Younameit said, why don't you stay away from the discussion?

The Mail are reporting Cavani's officials are in London to negotiate a move away from PSG.

The Mail have been very good on transfers of late too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2553048/United-Chelsea-target-Edinson-Cavani-weighs-Premier-League-strikers-agents-hold-talks-London.html

Honestly, I'm happy just to trust Jose with whomever he chooses. Given the choices I'd probably go Cavani, Rooney or Costa, depending on the prices but it's nice to have a solid foundation to add a striker to for once.

It looks like your nomination did not fly well, eh ?

Chelsea will sing a striker according to their position in the PL & the CL. The higher, the more money. Then, Jose goes shopping.

He can start for the defending champs? What's wrong with that? He'll probably start, he wouldn't with Brazil. I love Costa and his attitude, he's one of those players who teammates can count on.

Yeah, Athletico could really count on him tonight. 2-0 down and he got himself booked for kicking out so he's out of the return leg.

What's the point of International football if he can play for Spain when he was born and brought up in Brazil? Its crazy. He had the chance to represent his country in a home world cup and he turned it down. As for not starting, He is better then Damiao, Jo and Fred who Brazil usually start so he probably would have.

Doesn't really matter about the return leg, they're down 3-0. Also, Hulk could start for Brazil at striker and so could Neymar because I assume Willian will get a starting spot. Costa has been in Spain since 19 and became a man there. Brazil ignored him for the Confederations Cup. He has his reasons for picking Spain. I see no problem with it whatsoever.

Doesn't really matter about the return leg, they're down 3-0. Also, Hulk could start for Brazil at striker and so could Neymar because I assume Willian will get a starting spot. Costa has been in Spain since 19 and became a man there. Brazil ignored him for the Confederations Cup. He has his reasons for picking Spain. I see no problem with it whatsoever.

It was 2-0 at the time, and if you keep a 2-0 deficit into the Home leg where Athletico have a great record you could still go through.

Costa wasn't playing that well last season, but with the way he's playing this year he was certain to start for them. He already has friendly caps for Brazil. Its the country he lived in since he was 19. Brazil played Hulk on the right aswell, and Neymar on the left, and Costa could have started. A chance to play for your Country in the World Cup in Brazil and he turned it down, that I have a serious problem with.

Your country is your country, you shouldn't be allowed to change that, Especially since he already represented them in friendly's.