Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

Melanicus

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

• Diego Costa
    • Mario Balotelli
    • Radamel Falcao
    • Edinson Cavani
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Edin Dzeko
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Mario Mandzukic
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Jackson Martinez
    • Christian Benteke
    • Luis Suarez

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why more people haven't mentioned Dzeko? He is a good striker and has proven himself in the Premier League. I must be missing something?

Well he's not bad but he seems too lazy for our system and also I don't think he's a smart player.. He's good but not good enough IMO.

I don't know why more people haven't mentioned Dzeko? He is a good striker and has proven himself in the Premier League. I must be missing something?

Doubt city would sell to us...

I'd like it if we go for Mandzukic in the summer seeing how he will probably want to leave now that Lewa is Bayern bound. A strikeforce of Mandzukic/Lukaku next season would be a vast improvement to this seasons imo.

If anything, those names illustrate Badboy's point. Drogba only scored over 20 goals a season 2 times in his 8 year stay, same goes for Hasslebank. Zola didn't reach the 20 goal mark, averaging at around 13-14. I'm not saying they were bad strikers, I'm saying that Chelsea play in a way that doesn't necessarily complement our CF.

Chelsea haven't played the same style for the last 20 years. When Stein was banging them in he was playing up front with John Spencer. Flo played with Zola, Jimmy played with Eidur, even Kerry Dixon had a partner (off the top of my head Kevin Wilson and his tache) so to say our 'style' doesn't suit strikers is just weird. Over the last decade our most consistent striker has been a midfielder though so that will have an effect, but I honestly don't think there's a gypsy curse on the Stamford Bridge pitch that robs strikers of their ability to score.

If I could be arsed, I could " constructively" add a lot, but as I can't be arsed , I won't bother.

I don't have the time to converse with some mug from Estonia who supports a club in another country.

I'm surprised you even recognized a flag other than England's being an extreme nationalist as you are. I'm flattered. Then again you might just have held the cursor on top of the icon. Glad to have sparked your day with a bit of knowledge outside of the great isles.

Well he's not bad but he seems too lazy for our system and also I don't think he's a smart player.. He's good but not good enough IMO.

I don't know, I have watched him closely he puts in a good shift most of the time and City only really gave him a chance when Aguero was injured and he was always dubbed the super sub. I would like to see what he does for a whole season as the main striker.

Doubt city would sell to us...

I'd like it if we go for Mandzukic in the summer seeing how he will probably want to leave now that Lewa is Bayern bound. A strikeforce of Mandzukic/Lukaku next season would be a vast improvement to this seasons imo.

I also thought so but he is their 3rd choice striker so its a possibility for the right money. Also he is BPL proven.

Do us all a favour and don't breed. We don't need idiots like you at our club.

"Our club"

Looking at your profile I see you are 21, so 93/94 season you were born, that would be the season. I sent my wife off to Cyprus with her mate instead of me cos I weren't missing Chelsea v Man United at Wembley in the final. I have been around a lot longer than you and accept new fans black ones white ones or even blue ones.. I do wonder what goes through some people minds when they support a club about 120-130 miles away from where they live, maybe that is a lack of intelligence, or maybe you are a glory hunter? Bristol have two clubs to choose from, they not big enough for you?

I'm surprised you even recognized a flag other than England's being an extreme nationalist as you are. I'm flattered. Then again you might just have held the cursor on top of the icon. Glad to have sparked your day with a bit of knowledge outside of the great isles.

Obviously I had to ask my 12 year old for the answer as I am far to thick to know the answer.

This is a multicultural and multinational community. That kind of discrimination is not at all accepted here.

This is a multicultural and multinational community. That kind of discrimination is not at all accepted here.

It's not discriminative, so him calling me a nationalist must surely be discriminative also?

Or is that ok?

It's not discriminative, so him calling me a nationalist must surely be discriminative also?

Or is that ok?

It is discriminating against fans from outside England and it is against the forum rules that you agreed to when you joined the forum. I'm not looking to debate it with you, I'm just trying not to give you formal warning for breaking the rules.

"Our club"

Looking at your profile I see you are 21, so 93/94 season you were born, that would be the season. I sent my wife off to Cyprus with her mate instead of me cos I weren't missing Chelsea v Man United at Wembley in the final. I have been around a lot longer than you and accept new fans black ones white ones or even blue ones.. I do wonder what goes through some people minds when they support a club about 120-130 miles away from where they live, maybe that is a lack of intelligence, or maybe you are a glory hunter? Bristol have two clubs to choose from, they not big enough for you?

Well done!! You can read a profile!! Unfortunately that's where your intelligence ends. Born is West London, brought up in West London, currently at University in Bath. So I think you should pipe down about me not supporting a club where I live.

And anyway, why does it suddenly make you or anyone better than anyone else that you just happened to fall out of your mother in West London? If the guy who lives in Estonia wants to support Chelsea then he can. More the merrier. Why is he suddenly not allowed because he wasn't born in the same hospital you were? What he doesn't need is cretins like you telling him he can't support a club because he's from somewhere that isn't in the zone which you (not entirely sure who gave you the authority anyway?) deem worthy of being born close enough to support a football club.

Also, I was born 1992 not 93/94, but I guess I'll let that slide.

Now I'm not going to bore anyone else in this thread with tedious debate which they're trying to ignore, so either talk about something constructive or don't say anything at all. I won't be replying to your trolling/ignorant statements again.