Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

Melanicus

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

• Diego Costa
    • Mario Balotelli
    • Radamel Falcao
    • Edinson Cavani
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Edin Dzeko
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Mario Mandzukic
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Jackson Martinez
    • Christian Benteke
    • Luis Suarez

Voted for Benteke on the assumption that Cavani wouldn't be available.

Benteke and Lukaku are completely different types of players. Benteke is an excellent target man who can play Hazard, Oscar, William etc through the 18.

He provides a nasty physical edge whereas Lukaku is just a horse. Benteke used his size to create fear in his opponents.

Negatives with Benteke are inconsistent play and he misses too many sitters which I'm sure wouldn't go over too well.

I'd rather give Lukaku and Bamford chances before I'd pay money for Benteke to be honest.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Chelsea strikers have been really bad under RA era, except for Drogba and maybe Gudjohnsen, Anelka (and to some extent Kalou & Sturridge) while the majority like Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres, Pizarro, Kezman, Demba Ba, Mutu and Eto'o flop so hard. Hopefully Lukaku will come back strong and be a great Chelsea striker.

Just saw this thread now so I'll post this again:

I still think Muriel is a perfect fit for the team; great with his back to the net, quick dribbler, makes similar decisions in the box to Cavani, a weak striker but very agile and has a very capable shot on him. He's young and it fits the profile of the team, a much better idea to get him than do something stupid like rebuying Sturridge that's for sure. Things don't look going for our original dreams because Cavani doesn't seem realistic at all and Costa might not be sold; I also don't see the club going for that type of striker if we can't sell Torres. Muriel we could still acquire even with Torres.

Benzema is a very underrated striker, he's been playing in a team where Ronaldo takes a lot of space away from him and still nets em'. I think there are worse fits for this team but I wonder if Benzema would come here, would he fit in? Don't get me wrong if I had he choice I'd take Benzema over Costa 10/10 for his dribbling alone. Real Madrid doesn't underrate him and I think the fan-world writes him off too easily transfer of Suarez (and Aguero) replacing him. I'd take Costa if the situation was more fruitful holistically but Benzema would settle quicker. Besides Atletico knows the trick to being a striker factory and that is something they have been great at. It's the position they a careful to scout for and make sure always play their 9's very purely. Atletico have always played a game to allow their strikers to showcase themselves. When you look at our situation Mourinho is a bit complicated, he demands an advanced role from (all) players that can be tweaked to fit perfectly into the machine needed for each game. This is a big system change for an Atletico striker if you assume my assumption on Mou's role demands are true. Torres was once an Atletico striker too. What I'm getting at is the Chelsea-Diego Costa won't be the Atletico-Diego Costa. He'll still be an upgrade but blades dull quicker when you don't use them properly.

Since thw question is "who WOULD you sign" then I think its CAVANI hands down. Not even a contest.

As for "who can we sign", one of costa or mandzukic.

All possible with Abramovich :lol: , but seriously I see Cavani impossible, it cost 64 million € for PSG, I can't imagine that they will ask for it.

These last days has spread the rumor of a possible bid for the midfielder Dzagoev and striker Doumbia, of CSKA Moscow.

Dzagoev I seen him play and I like, but don't know if would fit here, but Doumbia I've never seen him play, what you think?