Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

Melanicus

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

• Diego Costa
    • Mario Balotelli
    • Radamel Falcao
    • Edinson Cavani
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Edin Dzeko
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Mario Mandzukic
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Jackson Martinez
    • Christian Benteke
    • Luis Suarez

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked dragozev before, but we have too much in that position and we want to make sure we get our priorities right which is striker and leftback.

Then mobile passer and box to box cm come next. Before we consider anything else.

These last days has spread the rumor of a possible bid for the midfielder Dzagoev and striker Doumbia, of CSKA Moscow.

Dzagoev I seen him play and I like, but don't know if would fit here, but Doumbia I've never seen him play, what you think?

Dzagoev, we were linked to during the last Euros and we keep getting linked to every now and then because he is a Chelsea fan. On any account, he's hardly a pure striker. It sounds very unlikely that we'd get him, imo.

Bamford ? Whats with the absolute sillyness of some of these posts.

Integrating youth is 'hip' :P

We don't need a ''world class striker'' because it never seems to work for us. We need to sign a good 24-27 year old balanced striker and to bring Lukaku back to the club. I am sick to death of signing these high profile strikers who arrive and figure out in no time that we have never been a club that was designed to service strikers. The other clubs like Liverpool design their whole team around playing the ball forward into the strikers, we have never been this type of club. We have always tried to spread goals around the team even from when I was young in the 90's with Poyet arriving late in the box like Lampard has been doing since about 2003-2004 !

We don't need a ''world class striker'' because it never seems to work for us. We need to sign a good 24-27 year old balanced striker and to bring Lukaku back to the club. I am sick to death of signing these high profile strikers who arrive and figure out in no time that we have never been a club that was designed to service strikers. The other clubs like Liverpool design their whole team around playing the ball forward into the strikers, we have never been this type of club. We have always tried to spread goals around the team even from when I was young in the 90's with Poyet arriving late in the box like Lampard has been doing since about 2003-2004 !

Hasselbaink.

Stein.

Drogba.

Flo.

Zola.

We can service strikers and that's been the case throughout our history (which didn't start in the late-90s but goes back quite some way and includes people like Greaves, Osgood and Dixon). In fact we've created plenty of strikers for a number 9 to put away this season but they've just not had the quality.

Now there is a point about us having goal threats behind the striker in Hazard and....well that's actually about it really. Lamps will probably get a goal or two before the season ends and there's always a chance that a clearance will rebound off of Willian's arse and end up in the goal but that's about it. Hopefully Schurrle can continue his form from Saturday, but we do need a striker who can score goals but also create chances for others.

Like I said previously in this thread I trust Jose's judgment on this but I wouldn't be disappointed with Costa. Yes he's a cunt but so what?

As for Bamford, if we didn't have Salah then I'd have liked to have seen in him the squad as a right winger/striker option, but he probably deserves a season on-loan in this league first. Hopefully that can be with Derby after promotion.

Bamford ? Whats with the absolute sillyness of some of these posts.

Why not? The fella has played great and got goals in league one and now at the top of the championship, not sure how old you are but this is how it USED to work.. I ain't saying all the kids should get thrown in cos most ain't up to scratch, but I have seen Bamford play a lot and he is quality, and before you ask I ain't related... Just give the geezer a chance, he ain't gonna score less goals than the two currently playing as striker .

Hasselbaink.

Stein.

Drogba.

Flo.

Zola.

We can service strikers and that's been the case throughout our history (which didn't start in the late-90s but goes back quite some way and includes people like Greaves, Osgood and Dixon). In fact we've created plenty of strikers for a number 9 to put away this season but they've just not had the quality.

Now there is a point about us having goal threats behind the striker in Hazard and....well that's actually about it really. Lamps will probably get a goal or two before the season ends and there's always a chance that a clearance will rebound off of Willian's arse and end up in the goal but that's about it. Hopefully Schurrle can continue his form from Saturday, but we do need a striker who can score goals but also create chances for others.

Like I said previously in this thread I trust Jose's judgment on this but I wouldn't be disappointed with Costa. Yes he's a cunt but so what?

As for Bamford, if we didn't have Salah then I'd have liked to have seen in him the squad as a right winger/striker option, but he probably deserves a season on-loan in this league first. Hopefully that can be with Derby after promotion.

If anything, those names illustrate Badboy's point. Drogba only scored over 20 goals a season 2 times in his 8 year stay, same goes for Hasslebank. Zola didn't reach the 20 goal mark, averaging at around 13-14. I'm not saying they were bad strikers, I'm saying that Chelsea play in a way that doesn't necessarily complement our CF.

Why not? The fella has played great and got goals in league one and now at the top of the championship, not sure how old you are but this is how it USED to work.. I ain't saying all the kids should get thrown in cos most ain't up to scratch, but I have seen Bamford play a lot and he is quality, and before you ask I ain't related... Just give the geezer a chance, he ain't gonna score less goals than the two currently playing as striker .

Oh yeah great, Bamford, Feruz and lukaku then?

Oh yeah great, Bamford, Feruz and lukaku then?

I'd settle for Lukaku and Bamford along with a new top class signing, but then I would, cos I would still watch Chelsea in the conference, whereas a lot of people who watch Chelsea these days especially at Stamford Bridge would switch clubs if the trophies stopped coming in.

I'd settle for Lukaku and Bamford along with a new top class signing, but then I would, cos I would still watch Chelsea in the conference, whereas a lot of people who watch Chelsea these days especially at Stamford Bridge would switch clubs if the trophies stopped coming in.

There's nothing noble about wanting your club to fail. Not all of us are privileged enough to have the opportunity to visit the venues ourselves. That being said, we want the best for the club in means of players as long as it fits the bill even if the players aren't unproven youth and English. Don't get your little morals and prejudices mixed with the club's current potential and prosperity.

There's nothing noble about wanting your club to fail. Not all of us are privileged enough to have the opportunity to visit the venues ourselves. That being said, we want the best for the club in means of players as long as it fits the bill even if the players aren't unproven youth and English. Don't get your little morals and prejudices mixed with the club's current potential and prosperity.

Foxtrot oscar

Ahh.. the good old insults appear when one has nothing constructive to add.

If I could be arsed, I could " constructively" add a lot, but as I can't be arsed , I won't bother.

I don't have the time to converse with some mug from Estonia who supports a club in another country.

If I could be arsed, I could " constructively" add a lot, but as I can't be arsed , I won't bother.

Aka. If I had a brain to formulate a reasonable argument, I would answer it. But since ai dont, I wrote this excuse.

I don't have the time to converse with some mug from Estonia who supports a club in another country.

Is that really necessary?

Do us all a favour and don't breed. We don't need idiots like you at our club.