Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

Melanicus

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

• Diego Costa
    • Mario Balotelli
    • Radamel Falcao
    • Edinson Cavani
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Edin Dzeko
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Mario Mandzukic
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Jackson Martinez
    • Christian Benteke
    • Luis Suarez

It was 2-0 at the time, and if you keep a 2-0 deficit into the Home leg where Athletico have a great record you could still go through.

Costa wasn't playing that well last season, but with the way he's playing this year he was certain to start for them. He already has friendly caps for Brazil. Its the country he lived in since he was 19. Brazil played Hulk on the right aswell, and Neymar on the left, and Costa could have started. A chance to play for your Country in the World Cup in Brazil and he turned it down, that I have a serious problem with.

Your country is your country, you shouldn't be allowed to change that, Especially since he already represented them in friendly's.

We've had that debate before over here. Simillar point was made. At the end of the day, its an individualistic choice. Not everyone has nationalistic feelings towards the country they are born in.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had that debate before over here. Simillar point was made. At the end of the day, its an individualistic choice. Not everyone has nationalistic feelings towards the country they are born in.

FIFA shouldn't even allow it though. Goes against the point of International football.

Benzema. The boy can shoot, can pass, can link up, can hold, not a cunt, what's not to like.

We can pay him in underage prostitutes aswell ;)

FIFA shouldn't even allow it though. Goes against the point of International football.

Why? To use myself as an example I was born in the UK and moved to Australia when I was very young. Both my parents are English, and I've been back and forth between the two countries several times, but in total I've only spent 4 or 5 years of my life in the UK. I received my Australian citizenship when I was 6 and to anyone who met me they'd have no idea I wasn't born in Australia. If I were a professional footballer, why should I be forced to play for England if I don't want to? It's kind of a moot point as I probably would play for England if given the chance, because the national team is much better than the Australian one, and I have a very large family that still lives in England and is football mad, whereas none of my friends in Australia care about real football. Still, I think the option to play for Australia should be available to some one like me.

Why? To use myself as an example I was born in the UK and moved to Australia when I was very young. Both my parents are English, and I've been back and forth between the two countries several times, but in total I've only spent 4 or 5 years of my life in the UK. I received my Australian citizenship when I was 6 and to anyone who met me they'd have no idea I wasn't born in Australia. If I were a professional footballer, why should I be forced to play for England if I don't want to? It's kind of a moot point as I probably would play for England if given the chance, because the national team is much better than the Australian one, and I have a very large family that still lives in England and is football mad, whereas none of my friends in Australia care about real football. Still, I think the option to play for Australia should be available to some one like me.

No, but there is a difference between your circumstances and Diego Costa's. Diego Costa was born in Brazil, was brought up in Brazil, started playing football in Brazil, Played for Brazil in a friendly, then decided that he wanted to go to Spain.

Yours and Diego Costa's circumstances are completely different, there is no point in even trying to compare them.

EXCLUSIVE: United and Chelsea target Cavani weighs up Premier League move as striker's agents hold talks in London

Edinson Cavani's representatives are in London today as the striker considers a summer move away from Paris Saint-Germain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2553048/United-Chelsea-target-Edinson-Cavani-weighs-Premier-League-strikers-agents-hold-talks-London.html#ixzz2sZ4uXIZC

No, but there is a difference between your circumstances and Diego Costa's. Diego Costa was born in Brazil, was brought up in Brazil, started playing football in Brazil, Played for Brazil in a friendly, then decided that he wanted to go to Spain.

Yours and Diego Costa's circumstances are completely different, there is no point in even trying to compare them.

There really isn't much difference. Costa has Spanish citizenship and I have Australian citizenship. If you legislate against Costa then you legislate against people in my situation as well. Diego Costa is every bit as Spanish as I am Australian.

Anyway, on topic I think Suarez is the best option in football terms, but I don't like him, so I would prefer Cavani.

He's not on the list, but a striker I would really, really love to sign is Benzema. I think he fits the system Mou is trying to create here to a tee - he's technically great, great link up play, and also has a brilliant eye for a pass, plus he's used to the Mourinho counter attacking system.

He's been great this season for Madrid, currently he's on 17 goals and 8 assists for Real in 33 appearances. He's probably not available, but IMO he fits us the best as he is a proper team playing centre forward. I think he would link up brilliantly with Willian, Oscar and Hazard.

Here's a highlight video that highlights his link up play, technique, assists etc. (incase you've forgotten or aren't really that familiar):

His back to goal play is superb. One thing that you can take away from is that he plays in La Liga for Real Madrid where you are bound to score more. Then again it isn't easy to outshine Ronaldo and other superstars around you.

Benzema would be very nice!

Well, it's almost impossible to buy him when he plays for Real, but if Real buys Suarez this summer we might have a chance.

Cavani? No chance, ppl should forget about him. We blew it back in his Napoli days.

I'd even say we blew the chance to sign Cavani in his Palermo days, he was a hot prospect already. Though, I don't think he can keep that smile on his face and brown nose Ibrahimovic forever, he is too big of a star to play second fiddle to someone. In that sense I'd say we do have hope.

There really isn't much difference. Costa has Spanish citizenship and I have Australian citizenship. If you legislate against Costa then you legislate against people in my situation as well. Diego Costa is every bit as Spanish as I am Australian.

Anyway, on topic I think Suarez is the best option in football terms, but I don't like him, so I would prefer Cavani.

There is a huge difference. He has lived in Brazil till he was 19 and both his parents are Brazillian, He never lived in Spain until he got a professional contract there. Diego Costa isn't Spanish, he is Brazillian, he was born there and brought up there.

Jose will get who he wants and he'll have a very good reason to do so. Don't be surprised if he raids the Portuguese league, there are some good strikers there and he said it's his 2nd most watched league after the PL. I'm sure we'll sign 1 main striker with 2 more. I'd trust him with anyone. I'd also like to see Bamford integrated within the next couple of seasons too. I know it's unlikely but he's not exactly done any harm in his loans.

Anyway bottom line = Trust the man and wait.

Cavani would be my favourite but we won't get him.

It is astonishing that these days there are so few world class strikers available at a fair price. Our 30m Shevchenko deal in 2006 really opened the floodgates on striker prices.

the most realistic target would clearly be Mario Mandzukic. i despise the guy, cos he is an ugly pussy who one usually finds whining on the floor after every contact, his tiny arms wrapped around his shitface, but he has really awesome workrate, is a decent finisher and has good linkup play + he is an awesome header of the ball.

Voted for Benteke on the assumption that Cavani wouldn't be available.

Benteke and Lukaku are completely different types of players. Benteke is an excellent target man who can play Hazard, Oscar, William etc through the 18.

He provides a nasty physical edge whereas Lukaku is just a horse. Benteke used his size to create fear in his opponents.

Negatives with Benteke are inconsistent play and he misses too many sitters which I'm sure wouldn't go over too well.

Out of that list it would have to be Cavani easily, even without the list he has all the traits we need and I'd put him at the top. Second would be Doumbia although many would disagree with me there. Mourinho said the summer transfer window is going to have 1 signing 2 max. If it's going to be 1 signing, and we end off with a good season overall, it would be a waste not to get Cavani. No Costa or Balotelli and the kind of temper they bring. Suarez would is a fantasy although if Liverpool don't make European football they have a promise to keep. Though, even if you won the bidding war for Suarez that would ensue you still lose (Exhibit A: Overpriced Bale).