Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

Melanicus

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

• Diego Costa
    • Mario Balotelli
    • Radamel Falcao
    • Edinson Cavani
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Edin Dzeko
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Mario Mandzukic
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Jackson Martinez
    • Christian Benteke
    • Luis Suarez

As for the actual topic at hand:

I'm still firmly of the mind that either Cavani or Costa would be brilliant. Cavani would be perfect in my eyes as he doesn't jut look to score but also brings other members of the team into play. Unfortunately I see us being outpriced by PSG and that's even if he wants to come to us.

Therefore I think paying Costa's £32M release clause (or whatever it is) should be our primary aim. If we can throw Torres in there and knock £15M-£20M off of it then that's ideal, otherwise just sell Torres in a seperate deal.

Then for next year we can have Costa, Lukaku and Feruz/Bamford/Perica and I think we'll be sorted.

Dzeko, Benzema or Mandzukic would be good choices if for any reason we couldn't get Costa or Cavani but I think that Benzema would be too expensive also and both Mandzukic and Dzeko aren't the same quality of striker (just my opinion). As for Suarez/Ballotelli I just think they have too much baggage.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? The fella has played great and got goals in league one and now at the top of the championship, not sure how old you are but this is how it USED to work.. I ain't saying all the kids should get thrown in cos most ain't up to scratch, but I have seen Bamford play a lot and he is quality, and before you ask I ain't related... Just give the geezer a chance, he ain't gonna score less goals than the two currently playing as striker .

Now we loan him to a Premiership side like we did with Sturridge and Lukaku see how he can handle it then move him up slowly. There's no rush mate we can wait lets not waste his talent !

"Our club"

Looking at your profile I see you are 21, so 93/94 season you were born, that would be the season. I sent my wife off to Cyprus with her mate instead of me cos I weren't missing Chelsea v Man United at Wembley in the final. I have been around a lot longer than you and accept new fans black ones white ones or even blue ones.. I do wonder what goes through some people minds when they support a club about 120-130 miles away from where they live, maybe that is a lack of intelligence, or maybe you are a glory hunter? Bristol have two clubs to choose from, they not big enough for you?

Ever thought about the money coming into the bank because of the global brand this club has become? You're basically insulting 95% of Chelsea's fanbase.

"Our club"

Looking at your profile I see you are 21, so 93/94 season you were born, that would be the season. I sent my wife off to Cyprus with her mate instead of me cos I weren't missing Chelsea v Man United at Wembley in the final. I have been around a lot longer than you and accept new fans black ones white ones or even blue ones.. I do wonder what goes through some people minds when they support a club about 120-130 miles away from where they live, maybe that is a lack of intelligence, or maybe you are a glory hunter? Bristol have two clubs to choose from, they not big enough for you?

I live 125 miles away from Stamford Bridge. I'd like to see how that makes you a better fan than me, or any other member on this forum.

Be a bit more respectful of this forum's members, or you won't be around long enough to apologise.

"Our club"

Idiot.

I live 125 miles away from Stamford Bridge. I'd like to see how that makes you a better fan than me, or any other member on this forum.

Be a bit more respectful of this forum's members, or you won't be around long enough to apologise.

I live only 185 miles away from SB, pity the North Sea is in the way :x

I ain't saying I am a better fan than anyone, I just don't get the foreign fan bit. Is that a crime?

BUT

I just can't stand glory hunters, be it Chelsea or any other club.

That is truly shocking

:lol: well the urban dictionary is as much my friend as yours.

Btw, what is a glory hunter and how do you make a reliable demarcation between new fans (I admit falling in love with Chelsea not that long ago - never hidden that fact on here) and glory hunters. Nationality was never an issue, really. The falling in love part was purely emotional.

Please, i am curious.

:lol: well the urban dictionary is as much my friend as yours.

Btw, what is a glory hunter and how do you make a reliable demarcation between new fans (I admit falling in love with Chelsea not that long ago - never hidden that fact on here) and glory hunters. Nationality was never an issue, really. The falling in love part was purely emotional.

Please, i am curious.

Glory hunter being someone who follows a club simply because of its success' .?... Anyone who supports a club after it's change of fate like chelsea, Man city and goons who stupidly thought Blackburn were on their way to world domination when Jack Walker was at the purse strings years ago...... Catch my drift? Anyone who falls within this criteria will always be suspected of being a glory hunter.

I ain't saying I am a better fan than anyone, I just don't get the foreign fan bit. Is that a crime?

BUT

I just can't stand glory hunters, be it Chelsea or any other club.

Most of the Belgians came on here when we started signing Belgian players, and then all of a sudden it was all these hardcore Belgian Chelsea fans that have supported the club for years just suddenly appear when Lukaku, De Bruyne and Hazard started coming into the club.

Most of the Belgians came on here when we started signing Belgian players, and then all of a sudden it was all these hardcore Belgian Chelsea fans that have supported the club for years just suddenly appear when Lukaku, De Bruyne and Hazard started coming into the club.

Really????

giphy.gif

You think you are original, but we had this debate too much. The belgians on here ARE fans, real ones.

Absolutely pathetic when you realize that most of the Belgians here have supported the club long before any of them signed. You and the other guy are as much as a glory hunter as you think others are. Pathetic that you have to label respectful people around you, who support the same club as you do. Especially a club that is so multicultural, from a Russian owner and a Portoguesee manager to a Serbian player and Scottish masseur.

now we have 2 goons calling fans glory hunters not sure who is the biggest idiot ,,, not the shed or drogba 4 ever ,,, second thought it is drog cos

he is not only a smartass but the ultimate glory hunter ,, He was the prat complaining 3 PL titles in 10 years wasnt enough.

For me I welcome both the Belgian and the Brazillian fans as well as fans from the rest of the world ,, Just a pity we dont have more French fans