Toni Kroos

Billy.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toni Kroos is an upgrade on Oscar and people who are talking like he can't play in a counter-attacking system just doesn't know him. Look at his perfomance against Arsenal in 12-13. Under Heynckes in 11-12 too,..

please explain how on earth Kroos is an upgrade on Oscar? first off they dont even play the same position!

Oscar is a much much better goalscorer, much better defensively, suits a counter attacking system much better, links play in the final third better, better creativity in the final third and has much better potential then Kroos.

please explain how on earth Kroos is an upgrade on Oscar? first off they dont even play the same position!

Oscar is a much much better goalscorer, much better defensively, suits a counter attacking system much better, links play in the final third better, better creativity in the final third and has much better potential then Kroos.

Have you ever even watched Kroos play?

Oscar is more creative than Kroos?

AND HE'S YOUNGER!

AND HE'S YOUNGER!

AND HE'S YOUNGER!

Have you ever even watched Kroos play?

Oscar is more creative than Kroos?

I watch him play almost every week!

He is nice to watch when he is given all the time in the world to pick a pass but when he doesn't have time he struggles!

And yes Oscar is a better creative player in the final 3rd especially when you don't get much time on the ball!

Both have 6 assists this season! Which is pretty poor for Kroos who actually has good finishers around him to assist! and Oscar has made more key passes then Kroos! Again which is pretty shocking when you factor in how dominant and easy games are for Bayern and how much time he gets on the ball to pick out a pass!

Of course they do. Before Pep came they played 4-2-3-1 and Kroos was the 10.

Only thing I'd say Oscar has on Kroos is defensive acumen, Toni won't put in a shift like Oscar is capable of.

Oscar needs to get his head up in the final third, dribbles with his head down way too much.

Of course they do. Before Pep came they played 4-2-3-1 and Kroos was the 10.

Only thing I'd say Oscar has on Kroos is defensive acumen, Toni won't put in a shift like Oscar is capable of.

Oscar needs to get his head up in the final third, dribbles with his head down way too much.

So you don't think Oscar is a better goal scorer then Kroos?

Oscar isn't very creative at all...

He has very little creative vision in and around the box and often just puts his head down and has a shot.

I wouldn't go that far but I would agree that to evaluate Oscar you need to look at his entire game. To isolate him as a creative outlet would leave something to be desired.

Oscar isn't very creative at all...

He has very little creative vision in and around the box and often just puts his head down and has a shot.

I disagree, he is still young and developing his game, I think He just isn't as direct in the final third as most other number 10's.

He tends to play the safer pass rather then look to play it through to the striker, people forget this is his first season at the highest level as a number 10, I have no doubt he can become the best number 10 in world football! As it's clear to see how much of a intelligent footballer he is at such a young age.

Ya maybe, though I've seen Kroos score a fair few crackers.

Oscar has a higher work rate, which fits into Mourinho's style of play. Kroos is a lot better at passing though. This season Kroos has been Bayern's equivalent of Xavi. I wouldn't mind Kroos and Oscar playing together though.

yeah lets Jose replace the whole fucking team. Why cant he trust players for some time? Why he looks for instant success...we have big season ahead and trust me if we change GK, LB, CM, CAM and ST, our team wont be runnig motor, but another transition season.

Why can't you trust the manager instead of every rumor out there? And where is this nonsense of instant success coming from? Have you seen the guys we've signed? Schurrle, Salah, Willian, Zouma, none of which screams instant success. We had a deficiency that needed to be immediately taken care of with the pivot, which is why someone like Matic came. We still have the same with the striker position so I expect an established striker to come along. All the rest were transfers for the future, players that will reach their peak here, but they aren't there yet.

The only players Jose got rid of were squad members at most, failing to fit the system or to make an impact, even if they were big names such as Mata and Luiz.

Mata had great creative stats, didn't play well in the wing for us, didn't press, was slow. Didn't fit the system and was a liability even when the system gravitated around him

Luiz - had a very good stretch of form two seasons ago, but couldn't carry it on this season. While useful and versatile wasn't exactly missed with Cahill and Terry playing at high level (I still think we need a more experienced backup alongside Kalas/Zouma)

Cole - end of career, while was attacking well, was being constantly outran by oppositions

Kev - didn't even get a chance, so we can't miss what we never had...

Rumours:

Lamps, Mikel, Bertrand, Moses, Marin, Eto'o, Ba -> not the spine of the team and most of them won't be missed

This Oscar story is nonsense, also if he leaves, there's Willian already in the team to fill his shoes and we have good coverage in the wings too.

So I think you should trust our manager more and less the 1000 rumors going around. The four players that left won't be that much missed, maybe except Luiz who was versatile and could maybe pick up form again, even then, we robbed PSG with that fee, so we're in good position to replace him and upgrade him if José feels like doing it.

I don't get why Mou is criticized from making tons of money with squad members that either don't fit or offer liabilities...

Oscar has a higher work rate, which fits into Mourinho's style of play. Kroos is a lot better at passing though. This season Kroos has been Bayern's equivalent of Xavi. I wouldn't mind Kroos and Oscar playing together though.

Kroos will never play for Jose Mourinho. If you guys want Rakitic, Kroos etc... we will have to sack Jose Mourinho. You need to defend to play for Jose, his philosophy is good defense leads to offense.

Kroos has never defended once in his life.

I have a strong feeling people are gonna be disappointed when they see the type of player, if any, Jose brings into the squad next year. VanGinkel is another guy who fits the mould, box to box and willing to get himself dirty. These pretty attacking mids people want in the pivot will not happen.

Kroos will never play for Jose Mourinho. If you guys want Rakitic, Kroos etc... we will have to sack Jose Mourinho. You need to defend to play for Jose, his philosophy is good defense leads to offense.

I have a strong feeling people are gonna be disappointed when they see the type of player, if any, Jose brings into the squad next year. VanGinkel is another guy who fits the mould, box to box and willing to get himself dirty. These pretty attacking mids people want in the pivot will not happen.

Well it is true that Mourinho prefers players who contribute in defence (the reason why Mata was sold to United), but Kroos can function as a deep lying playmaker alongside Matic, Matic can provide the defensive cover while Kroos makes all the passes and what not.

Although it has to be noted that Chelsea do not play like Bayern or Barca, so who knows how Kroos will fit in Jose's system.

Well it is true that Mourinho prefers players who contribute in defence (the reason why Mata was sold to United), but Kroos can function as a deep lying playmaker alongside Matic, Matic can provide the defensive cover while Kroos makes all the passes and what not.

Although it has to be noted that Chelsea do not play like Bayern or Barca, so who knows how Kroos will fit in Jose's system.

NO HE CANNOT!

He doesn't defend, is slow, can't win the ball back.

That's what I've been saying all along if you want to see that beautiful no.10 play in the pivot like many of you keep advocating the solution is to get rid of Jose, he's not going to abandon his defensive principles overnight. Jose wants to win and for him winning means defending as a team first.

Kroos has played in the pivot for teams that don't concern themselves with defending, if Jose was going to play like this he wouldn't have sold Mata, he would've played Oscar in the pivot.

You said you watch Kroos week-in, week-out, but you really forgot his performances under Jupp... And that was a similar team to Chelsea, only with much better players and a much better coach. Also with a counter-attacking plan in its philosophy where Kroos was the number 10!

Kroos at 22, under Jupp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oscar at 22.

Bollocks mate, he might lack pace, but he isn't lazy. Even Guardiola and Low admited he is a completely new player in terms of defensive dutties. He defends and attacks with the same rate and the player himself said that Guardiola came to him and said: "The better you get, the more defensive you play."

Low even said that Kroos will be used as one of the two defensive midfielders for Germany this summer.

NO HE CANNOT!

He doesn't defend, is slow, can't win the ball back.

That's what I've been saying all along if you want to see that beautiful no.10 play in the pivot like many of you keep advocating the solution is to get rid of Jose, he's not going to abandon his defensive principles overnight. Jose wants to win and for him winning means defending as a team first.

Kroos has played in the pivot for teams that don't concern themselves with defending, if Jose was going to play like this he wouldn't have sold Mata, he would've played Oscar in the pivot.

So what you are saying is that Mourinho wants a player like Ramires or Oscar in central midfield, a player who covers every blade of grass on the field.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You