Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

Well I support Israel all the way.

But I believe what mourinho said is right. The kid was young, under pressure and sometimes we do stupid stuff when young.

He will learn his place, fit right in, and in a couple of months will forget about all this nonsense.

Egypt is not at war with Israel and has had a peace deal since 1977 which is about 15 years before Salah was even born. And yes, on the football pitch, I'd expect everyone to shake hands with everyone. One of the benefits of sport is that it brings people together. Refusing to shake someone's hand because you don't like the country his club is based in does against the values that sport should stand for,

And It is not my view on Arab views on homosexuality. It's the unfortunate reality.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/06/04/the-global-divide-on-homosexuality/

Additionally, of all the countries that backed the UN gay-rights treaty, none are Arab. In fact, most of those countries banned together to fight the declaration and staged a walk out in protest .People in almost all Middle Eastern countries are jailed for being gay. Lebanon is one of the best countries for gays and is still terrible. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25099130

You know that the situation is much more complicated than that and that the majority of the Egyptians still consider Israel and enemy state. In fact, I remember you posting exactly that once in a thread. Salah has the right to refuse to shake hands when he feels that the issue affects him personally just like Wayne Bridge has the right not to shake JT's hands.

The funny part is that Salah tried his best not to make a big deal out of this. In the first game he made it like he needed to change his boots and in the second he fist bumped the players because he couldn't get him self to shake their hands. You're making it out like he attacked the players or tried to injure them at every chance. If it were any other two fighting countries in the world it would have been freedom of opinion but because it involves Israel it is racist.

And I don't care about your polls, I f***ing live here! :lol: I know more people that are okay with homosexuality than people who are intolerant of it. Still unfortunate and far from ideal but we're getting there faster than many "western" countries.

Ffs, beeing anti Israel is not comparable to beeing racist or fascist at all. the problem is the Israeli state has been using the term "anti semitic" as a get out of jail for free card.

zionism was only founded about 100 years ago, and was funded by the notorious Rothschild family, who have a tranglehold over the worlds financial system witch is bordering on the criminal.

israel has been commiting one war crime after another since its creation, and has been crying "anti semite" at everyone who dares criticizing their policies. the Mossad were involved in several false flag events, 9/11 beeing the most notorious.

i admire celebreties and athletes who still have the guts to speak out against things like these.

back in the 60s and 70s, you had Martin Luther King, Muhamad Ali, John Lennon, JFK etc.. people who stuck their neck out for what they believed in. people actually still went to demonstrations.

nowadays people are so desensitized they dont care anymore if their tax money is beeing used to bomb innocent children in some far away country, or that their government is taking away their rights and is evesdropping on everything they say. They much rather watch what shoes Kim Kardashian is buying or whats happening in Neighbours.

i'll shut up about it now, i just had to vent as all the sensoring thats been happening lately with our players (and ex players) is really getting on my nerves

Sigh...

Ffs, beeing anti Israel is not comparable to beeing racist or fascist at all. the problem is the Israeli state has been using the term "anti semitic" as a get out of jail for free card.

zionism was only founded about 100 years ago, and was funded by the notorious Rothschild family, who have a tranglehold over the worlds financial system witch is bordering on the criminal.

israel has been commiting one war crime after another since its creation, and has been crying "anti semite" at everyone who dares criticizing their policies. the Mossad were involved in several false flag events, 9/11 beeing the most notorious.

i admire celebreties and athletes who still have the guts to speak out against things like these.

back in the 60s and 70s, you had Martin Luther King, Muhamad Ali, John Lennon, JFK etc.. people who stuck their neck out for what they believed in. people actually still went to demonstrations.

nowadays people are so desensitized they dont care anymore if their tax money is beeing used to bomb innocent children in some far away country, or that their government is taking away their rights and is evesdropping on everything they say. They much rather watch what shoes Kim Kardashian is buying or whats happening in Neighbours.

i'll shut up about it now, i just had to vent as all the sensoring thats been happening lately with our players (and ex players) is really getting on my nerves

Sigh...

Hahaha. This is brilliant. You talk about anti-Zionism being different than anti-Semitism and then come in with one of the most straightforward anti-Semitic tropes of all time. The Rothschild controlling world banking systems and all that stuff is absolute nonsense. You really can't get more paranoid old fashioned anti-Semitism than that. Anyway, this post has no business being on this page and should be deleted (More fit for Der sturmer).

So this is the video in question right?

Firstly, why is the Maccabi keeper fist-bumping players not being mentioned?

Secondly, the player next in line to the Maccabi keeper is high-fiving. What's the difference?

Thirdly, it looks like every Maccabi player has their hand up to high-five.

It just seems so fucking innocuous to be honest. He didn't spit on them, he didn't avoid contact and he seems quite happy to be employed by a club owned by a Jew and with two other Jews on the board.

He should be allowed to express his opinion however he wants off the pitch (well as long as it's not racist/anti semitic/hate speech shit) and I do agree with him to some extend, but if it affects anything on the pitch the least I want him kicked out on his ass. Can't have cunts running around who are unsure if they want to go to Israel to play a football match as they don't recognize it as being Israel.

@The only place to be

That is one of the things. In the first match (of the two qual matches) he actually refused to shake their hands under a terrible excuse of putting on new boots... He went and put the boots on the sideline and then ran over there when they were about to shake hands lol... and that was after him making a hell lot of comments about Israel.

I've held back my opinion on this since I did not want to bring politics into a football thread, but I guess we're beyond that point now, so here goes:

This is simply a case of beliefs and freedom in opinion that is being blow way out of proportion by some terrible journalism. Chelsea is a multicultural club with fans and players and staff with all kinds of beliefs and political opinions. In his culture, Salah is a hero for not doing the hand shakes in Egypt and the Arab world. That is his culture and those are his beliefs.

And the idea that Chelsea would want "guarantees" that he's not anti-Israel is beyond ridiculous when we've had players like Anelka who is publicly ant-Israel and Drogba and Eden Hazard who were from the footballers who signed the petition to not have the U21 Euros in Israel and no doubt staff that have all different kinds of political opinions and beliefs.

Of course no one at the clubs cares if he's pro or anti-Israel. It has nothing to do with football!

with all said let play football happy time are here again