Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

Are you hating him because he is an egyptian?

I think he will show us how good he is.

Can we not turn this into a race / religion war? We are all here because we support Chelsea. You want a debate about politics or religion then find somewhere else.

Why are we even comparing Salah to Hazard. Hazard was world class when we got him whereas Salah is a good young talent. Hazard cost £32m whereas Salah is £11m.

Different sort of thing entirely as you say. Everyone wanted Hazard. He was an accomplished young player who had dominated a good league- a player destined for greatness. The sort of talent that is rare in football. Salah is a promising young player but not on a special level Hazard was (very few are). Why can't let people let players be themselves instead of trying to compare them . Give Salah some space and let's see what kind of player he can become with Chelsea.

Is that why Salah only has 4 goals in the league ?....

No need to compare the two anyways..

Basel is the Barca of the Swiss league. If you watch what happens in those games, everyone parks the bus against them and just defends. He has a much more limited amount of space in the Swiss league :doh:

Also, in the same year Chelsea got Hazard he had a total of ZERO goals in UCL playing with Lille in the same amount of games Salah has.

Edited to make more sense.......probably failed though

To be honest I've only watched him in the 4 matches against us so I only have a general idea of his playing style. He looks fast so I guess he'll be a cover for the wingers, but he can also play a more central role. Good for squad depth in the short term, but what happens when all the attacking midfielders return from their loan spells in the summer? He needs to impress instantly if he wants to stick around longer as the competition is very strong.

Why are we even comparing Salah to Hazard. Hazard was world class when we got him whereas Salah is a good young talent. Hazard cost £32m whereas Salah is £11m.

Lol Hazard wasn't world class 2 years ago...............he was a young talent at a bigger club and a more well known league. If Basel was smart enough to hold on to him till the summer they would've had better offers.

Also supply and demand is a big part of this. When Chelsea signed Hazard, there was a HIGH demand from multiple teams for a winger including Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Barca (not so much IMO) & Real.......as opposed to now where each of those clubs reinforced their wing position in the summer or promoted from the youth (januzaj for man u)

This year, Chelsea's only competition was Liverpool who aren't big spenders right now anyways.

Basel is the Barca of the Swiss league. If you watch what happens in those games, everyone parks the bus against them and just defends. He has a much more limited amount of space in the Swiss league :doh:

Also, in the same year Chelsea got Hazard he had a total of ZERO goals in UCL playing with Lille in the same amount of games Salah has.

Edited to make more sense.......probably failed though

I think you need to calm down a little bit man

first ,, we need to see if this transfer is completed .

then we need to see him play ,,

IF we do sign him I will support him the way I support ALL our players if they give 100% ,,,

no need to compare him yet ...

we were crying out for wingers 3 years ago ,,, Now hopefully we have them ,,,,just need the finisher now

75069_715545178478938_1333518956_n.jpg

Pepsi.com is excited to reveal the global 2014 Pepsi superstar football squad as part of the 2014 campaign, inspiring fans the world over to "Live For Now." The lineup unites 19 of the world's greatest players, spanning five continents and nearly 20 countries
Those included, pictured in front of artwork by Brazilian street artist AKN, (from left to right): Oribe Peralta, Mohamed Salah, Clint Dempsey, Mario Gomez, Robin van Persie, Gylfi Por Sigurðsson, Victor Moses, Sergio Ramos, Leo Messi, Vincent Kompany, David Luiz, Sergio Agüero, Tarik Elyounoussi, Jack Wilshere, Peter Osaze Odemwingie, Maynor Figueroa and Kemar Lawrence
Welcome to the 2014 Pepsi #FutbolNow team