Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

If he's better than Shaqiri than he has to be some player as Shaqiri is one of the brightest talents in Europe imo (only a mere squad player because of his ridiculous competition at Bayern). But I have to say that I didn't get the impression of him being better the times I've seen him play, although admittedly that's not much.

Wasn't saying he's currently better than Shaqiri, just going by what I've read some Basel fans saying on the internet when comparing these players' performances for their club. Didn't see much of Shaqiri at Basel and only seen around ten games of Salah there so I couldn't possibly tell who was better but what I meant was that the leap from being a superstar in the Swiss league to being a squad player for a top team isn't really that much, especially when the player has already proven himself in the Champions League as well.

Demba Ba is a diehard muslim

I do ask though, what does his religion matter when it comes to football? Will you lower your standards for him becuse he is muslim?

And why the hell is that?

Why? Do goals from Muslim players count for more than others or will our wins give us more points?

lol, how does it matter in any way?

Lol. what a reaction here, didn't expected this. Don't miss understand me guys.

It means we wont sign a player who is anti semitic!

Afaik the guy refused to shake an Israeli players hand, because he was against an action of the Israeli state. That does not equal anti-semitism. in fact many Jews are against the state of Israel aswell. i suppose they are anti semitic too? Google "jews against zionism" for a good read on the subject.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/jaz_full.jpg

Pretty happy with this signing. As many have already said, this isn't a direct replacement for Mata. Mourinho had already decided Mata didn't fit into the system and style of play and has therefore let him leave and instead brought in someone who will fit the system.

Can't comment on much more than his performances against us over the last 2 seasons, but from those games he looks a talent. His pace is obviously a huge asset, but he looked good on the ball and scored some good goals against us.

The signing shows Mourinho wants pace in abundance within his attacking midfielders, which will allow him to play a high pressing game, and when winning the ball up the pitch, we have players with the pace to counter attack and punish teams before they have the opportunity to react. It's therefore not surprising he's let Mata and De Bruyne leave with neither particularly quick.

The other positive is his age. Many questioned how Mourinho would work with younger players as he has always been successful with a more experienced side. However with the exception of Eto'o who was a stop-gap for this season, the rest of his purchases have been younger players which continues to signal a much more long term view and planning from the club.

Love your avatar men.

I remember that, Cole going crazy after Didier penalty.

Amazing day B)

Anyways this Salah guy, he can easily have an impact close to that of Duff.

Have people here forgotten Duff?

Guy wasn't at the level of Robben or currently Hazard, but he provided great games to our team.

I will expect him with Willian to give us good enough cover for that side.

For me, Salah can have the impact Robben had in Jose's first spell.

Robben could provide great impact in games, whether from the start or from the bench.

If Eden or Willian need a rest, who better to run tired defences ragged than a trick, quick and direct wide player?

Shrewd move as ever by Mourinho.

Don't see the need to sign Salah

The work rate the likes of Hazard and Willian go through in matches (especially big matches), we need players of a similar ilk who can do the same job whether it be replacing them from the bench or from the start.

Mourinho's systym really depends a great deal on the work rate and impact of the wide players.

He is aggressive incredibly fast and direct exactly what we need to create width.

People are way to fast to judge him on his technique, he still has a lot to learn and prove but I got high hopes for salah.

He reminds me of a young And raw saurez.

Anybody else excited by him? Surely I can't be the only one. Every new signing excites me, especially if it's an unknown up and coming player. It's like learning something new and having a chance to see what direction this takes your team in. Our team is so pacey now it's unbelievable to think that only 2 years ago we were one of the slowest and oldest ones. Yes I'm gutted for Mata, but at the same time I'm excited for Salah.

EDIT: Sorry, I WILL be gutted for Mata if he leaves. I keep forgetting nothing's official yet. Gotta grasp the last straws right?

The bloke made a joke of Ashley Cole (and other our defenders aswell) every time he faced him. And Ashley, even though he isn't getting any better is still a very solid defender with great experience.

Lets see how he does over here, should be exciting to watch.

Afaik the guy refused to shake an Israeli players hand, because he was against an action of the Israeli state. That does not equal anti-semitism. in fact many Jews are against the state of Israel aswell. i suppose they are anti semitic too? Google "jews against zionism" for a good read on the subject.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/jaz_full.jpg

lol, yeah man i know (actually failiar with the subject and the so called "incident" alway check my facts before typing) i don't think he is antisemitic either! Kind of glad that he is here! that post was response to other one's on this mather many pages back, and also backing a thesis I expressed many pages back, so back off and show your knowings elsewhere!

He is the only true right winger in our team, every other person willian/shurrle are not their strongest position on the right. He'll be more important than we think.

And he's 21, he can only get better in value and improve.

Useful little player, and a wonderful piece of business to bring in a 21-year-old for such a nominal transfer fee.

AND upset the scousers ,,,,, :blue scalf:

No matter what's your opinion on this, if you're a Chelsea fan you have to be at least happy knowing that under normal conditions, players who have made up their minds about joining one of our rivals will immediately freeze on the spot and make a 180 degree turn the moment they receive a call from Chelsea. This Salah kid had even rented an apartment in Liverpool already before Chelsea winked at him.

The antis will say it's about the money but deep down they know it's not. Clubs such as Liverpool and Tottenham could give these players a wage just as high as ours if they really wanted to. Just look at how much they're paying Suarez. No, it's much more than that. Last year some newspaper made a list of the 100 greatest youth promises in football and Chelsea was the club with most of them. Our team is being cemented with the best youth in every single position. As soon as we reach the top, it will be a long time before we get out. Chelsea is that special club that became European Champion against all odds, and today, special Chelsea is reunited with its special manager. I think deep down a lot of players can sense that something truly brilliant is slowly being built here. The future is blue and they want to be a part of it.

Alas, for a while we will have to listen to these jealous twats bitching about how we're hiring another quality player to be on our bench. Funny how the spuds fans said the same about Willian and now they have to listen to the Willian song every single game and be reminded over and over that the player chose us and still didn't regret it.