Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Why does he have to bring anything "amazing" to the team? Not everyone is Hazard. He is strong, passing is quick and direct, and he is good in the air. He is pretty much better than Mikel in every single way. What more do you want in a CDM?

Not everyone has to be Hazard. Hazard has nothing to do with this discussion. I want mobility. From what I see Matic lacks it. I know Ramires is very mobile but that is no reason why other CMs can lack it. Matic from what I can see has the same problems as Mikel being that they both lack mobility. Matic works a lot harder than the lazy Mikel but as of right now, I'm not completely sold.

Players like Yohan Cabaye, Joao Moutinho, and Illkay Gundogan are my type of midfielder. But to each their own.

Not everyone has to be Hazard. Hazard has nothing to do with this discussion. I want mobility. From what I see Matic lacks it. I know Ramires is very mobile but that is no reason why other CMs can lack it. Matic from what I can see has the same problems as Mikel being that they both lack mobility. Matic works a lot harder than the lazy Mikel but as of right now, I'm not completely sold.

Players like Yohan Cabaye, Joao Moutinho, and Illkay Gundogan are my type of midfielder. But to each their own.

but Matic doesn't lack mobility. He's pretty damn athletic for someone his size

I think all you who dont think Chelsea do not play entertaining football are listening a bit too much to jealous fans of other clubs and the bias press .

We are playing great football and wait untill we get a centre forward in , I am being entertained and am fully behind Mourinho and the way he is developing us ,next season we will be the finished article ,Matic for Mikel would also be a massive step forward in the entertaining stakes,but lets not forget it is all about winning. Mourinho is developing a very entertaining team as we speak .

I dont think he lacks mobility at all, you should watch him some more. The problem with the players listed is that they wont provide enough defensively as Matic would. Playing Ramires and Gundogan I could see us getting ripped apart from a counter attack. We have enough creativity I believe, we need someone in midfield who can find one of the 3 quickly and directly. Thats what we lack.

Does he? As I said, I'm no professor Matic, I've only seen him play a few times. I'll take your word for it.

He's certainly nowhere close to Ramires in terms of speed, but for a holding midfielder, I don't think it's a problem. One advantage he has in short distance is his long strides. He can cover a lot of ground because he's strong, works hard and is long. And like Yaya Toure, he's deceptively fast over long distance. Yaya's faster than him though.

And there in lies the problem. Luiz isn't a midfielder and is terrible playing that position. a couple of long range goals and 1 successful forward/hollywood passes out of 10 attempted per game doesn't change a thing. And I won't even get into his positioning and discipline in that role. recruiting a top class CM or two is a MUST.

What the fuck have you been smoking?

Which would still leave us short of a regista/ DLP in midfield and that was the whole point all along.

The question you need to ask yourself is will Matic improve the club? This ridiculous obsession with FM14 and rigista's/DLP is nauseating teams don't sell players like that and if they do its for a hefty fee. Those types of moves are pulled off in the summer if they are at all.

Matic is a very good player who will provide us with solidity in the midfield and allow us to break up play and get into attacking areas quickly.

The question you need to ask yourself is will Matic improve the club? This ridiculous obsession with FM14 and rigista's/DLP is nauseating teams don't sell players like that and if they do its for a hefty fee. Those types of moves are pulled off in the summer if they are at all.

Matic is a very good player who will provide us with solidity in the midfield and allow us to break up play and get into attacking areas quickly.

Don;t just jump into a debate if you have no clue what it's about and ease up on the patronizing football manager comment. The argument started when I agreed with laura90 that we would require more than Matic to significantly improve our midfield and elevate it to the highest standard in the long term and that Ramires needs to be replaced as a starter along the way because he's not good enough despite his tactical strenghts. No one is complaining or disputing Matic's acquisition. I don't know what you are on about.