Nemanja Matic

.Cee

But hang one. We have a sarcastic sally here. How about we mock every opinion with a sarcastic diatribe? How dare they hold different values. The nerve of them. God forbid someone simply states their opinion without fear of needless reprisal.

All you said was I dont like Matic. That adds absolutely nothing to this thread. I wasnt mocking your opinion, I was mocking a complete waste of a post. :)

It's a problem for me because football is just as much about entertainment as it's about winning for me. if you are only interested in the end result then carry on.

I see your point, but entertainment doesn't always equate to winning. If winning isn't important, then why do we keep the score? "Playing the best football in the league" is a consolation title that doesn't compare to FA Cups, Champions League and league titles that are won regardless of the type of football, provided the result is in the bag. You get the same amount of points for winning 1-0 as you do 8-0.

But I won't lie to you - I'm a goalkeeper - I prefer winning a game 1-0 than 5-4, and I always will.

But hang one. We have a sarcastic sally here. How about we mock every opinion with a sarcastic diatribe? How dare they hold different values. The nerve of them. God forbid someone simply states their opinion without fear of needless reprisal.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but can you at least tell us why you don't rate Matic? I'm not having a go, I'm just curious

I see your point, but entertainment doesn't always equate to winning. If winning isn't important, then why do we keep the score? "Playing the best football in the league" is a consolation title that doesn't compare to FA Cups, Champions League and league titles that are won regardless of the type of football, provided the result is in the bag. You get the same amount of points for winning 1-0 as you do 8-0.

But I won't lie to you - I'm a goalkeeper - I prefer winning a game 1-0 than 5-4, and I always will.

But there as to be a balance though. the lack of balance and overly negative approach against the big teams all the time is what bothers me the most. i have seen the likes of Dortmund, Bayern, madrid et al take a pragmatic approach in some games when they are under heavy pressure from the opposition, they would sometimes sit back and soak the pressure for a couple of minutes during certain games but they never set out to just put 10 men behind the ball in any match. that's small club mentality.

It's absolutely possible and has been proven time and again that success can be achieved while playing entertaining football.

All you said was I dont like Matic. That adds absolutely nothing to this thread. I wasnt mocking your opinion, I was mocking a complete waste of a post. :)

And in turn your post added nothing to the thread. I wasn't trying to actively add to the thread, I simply walked in, stated my opinion and walked out. No fuss, no muss. I wasn't attacking anyone, I wasn't arguing with anyone, so I really I'm surprised anyone even bothered.

Besides, no one can state my opinion so within itself my statement was unique in this thread. I swear you could read pages of pages of circular arguments that seem like they are breaking new ground but are in fact, just rehashing tired old facts and arguments with a new veneer. So many threads fall prey to this pitfall. Page upon page, it's the same arguments, the same retaliations, etc, etc.

I'm not trying to be aggressive or anything, so please don't think I am. :ph34r:

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but can you at least tell us why you don't rate Matic? I'm not having a go, I'm just curious

I'm not going to act like a Benfica or Matic know it all, but it simply comes down to the fact that I'm just not impressed. You know when you watch football and you just get that feeling? I don't think he is particularly bad, but I don't see what amazing features and new dynamics he brings to the team.

Lol Wtf was that post above? I don't like Matic, why?, I just don't lol<br /><br />Anyways I'm not going to judge Matic on just one game but he's looked decent. Big and strong, half mikel half Ramires. <br />He'd do OK in the prem because a few fouls called on him probably won't get called here<br />I am so desperate for a good midfielder I'll take anyone at this point, he's not world class but he's a def improment

Just to add to that entertainment value vs result debate, you know what gives me the most entertainment in football?

Barca, Arsenal and Bayern fans and players complaining that we are anti-football right after they lose to us. What a pitiful bunch. They talk as if they invented football hahaha

I'm not going to act like a Benfica or Matic know it all, but it simply comes down to the fact that I'm just not impressed. You know when you watch football and you just get that feeling? I don't think he is particularly bad, but I don't see what amazing features and new dynamics he brings to the team.

Why does he have to bring anything "amazing" to the team? Not everyone is Hazard. He is strong, passing is quick and direct, and he is good in the air. He is pretty much better than Mikel in every single way. What more do you want in a CDM?