Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Don;t just jump into a debate if you have no clue what it's about and ease up on the patronizing football manager comment. The argument started when I agreed with laura90 that we would require more than Matic to significantly improve our midfield and elevate it to the highest standard in the long term and that Ramires needs to be replaced as a starter along the way because he's not good enough despite his tactical strenghts. No one is complaining or disputing Matic's acquisition. I don't know what you are on about.

Well you are miles away with your view that Ramires needs to be replaced , a definite "in my opinion" should be added because you must know Mourinho is a fan of Ramires and there is no way he can be replaced if we want to remain a side with balance going forward ,Matic ,Ramires ,Willian,Oscar,Hazard give us great balance. You say "needs to be replaced" as if it is only a matter of time when it is not .

The player who will be replaced is the ultimate definition of a donkey Mikel and Matic will be doing just that.

Don;t just jump into a debate if you have no clue what it's about and ease up on the patronizing football manager comment. The argument started when I agreed with laura90 that we would require more than Matic to significantly improve our midfield and elevate it to the highest standard in the long term and that Ramires needs to be replaced as a starter along the way because he's not good enough despite his tactical strenghts. No one is complaining or disputing Matic's acquisition. I don't know what you are on about.

I read that stuff the debate moved as most do.

Can you name me one available "Regista"?

I don't think we need a DLP, I think we have enough with our attackers to win a lot of big games. What we are lacking, IMHO, is a guy who can provide us with solidity in the midfield and also move the ball to our creative players. I've been saying this forever... And if we get Matic that will go a long way to addressing that.

Pressing with Ramires and Matic will provide us with more recovered balls and will also free up Lamps or Ramires to get forward to create overloads. If we can do that effectively the DLP role is less a need.

I read that stuff the debate moved as most do.

Can you name me one available "Regista"?

I don't think we need a DLP, I think we have enough with our attackers to win a lot of big games. What we are lacking, IMHO, is a guy who can provide us with solidity in the midfield and also move the ball to our creative players. I've been saying this forever... And if we get Matic that will go a long way to addressing that.

Pressing with Ramires and Matic will provide us with more recovered balls and will also free up Lamps or Ramires to get forward to create overloads. If we can do that effectively the DLP role is less a need.

What we need is a STRIKER,,, any one of City's 3 + Lukaku

Chelsea are prepared to pay £21 million to bring Benfica midfielder Nemanja Matic back to the club during the January transfer window according to Telegraph.

Mourinho is considering Matic as one of the players to strenghten Chelsea's midfield, following Kevn De Bruyne and Micheal Essien's imminent departure.

25 year old Matic left Chelsea in January 2011 as a makeweight in the £25 million deal for David Luiz from Benfica, when Carlo Ancelotti was Chelsea manager.

He has long been linked with a return to the club, but Telegraph insists an approach is imminent.

I want Matic for the same reason I wanted Pogba. Granted Paul is nicer on the ball but Matic provides us with pace, power and solid workrate. He runs all game and has excellent awareness... This will DEF make us a more formidable side.

Question, is Matic and Rambo going to be rotated with each other??

Reading the comments, it seems they are both similar players...

They are no where near similar players, Matic is no where near as fast as Ramires. But he got better passing and tackling. If anything Matic is more like Khedira/Alonso than Ramires.

Couldnt watch game, but I saw lot of positive talk about Matic, yet here its like he had below average game. Seems that some people dont understand situation. Matic is not world class DM, there is no available world class DM and this guy is the best bet we can get right now. He is miles ahead of Guarin and equaly good to Bender, another player who is rated highly.

He will improve our midfield and he ie good enough to play for this team and will be even better once he settles in. I dont know what people expect from Matic, to be worlds best or what? He is hard worker who gives everything to the team and runs like mad. Has good ball control and defends well, half europe is looking for him, those who are lifetime Benfica fans say he is better than Witsel and Garcia together. If Mou decides he is good enough, he will buy him.

They are no where near similar players, Matic is no where near as fast as Ramires. But he got better passing and tackling. If anything Matic is more like Khedira/Alonso than Ramires.

sorry they are like chalk and cheese

I dont think any CM is worse than Rambo when it comes to passing...

Eh, Khedira is similar to Rambo....

I want Matic for the same reason I wanted Pogba. Granted Paul is nicer on the ball but Matic provides us with pace, power and solid workrate. He runs all game and has excellent awareness... This will DEF make us a more formidable side.

Pogba isn't nicer on the ball though.