Nemanja Matic

.Cee

I don't know why people are so worried about the FFP. We have tonnes of unimportant players we can get rid of to raise funds: KdB, Moses, Marin, Essien, Bertrand, Romeu, Ba, Mikel etc. Then there are youngsters like Piazon, Atsu, Wallace and Kalas we can sell if urgent. If something REALLY bad happens, we also have Courtois

and if something REALLY REALLY bad happens there will always be Roman's friends, the oligarchs (Rybolovlev, to name one), who will throw a bid just for the sake of it.

According to RTS he will join us for 35 m EUROS

http://www.rts.rs/page/sport/ci/story/31/ФÑдбал/1493452/ÐаÑиÑ+Ñ+ЧелÑиÑÑ+од+ÑÑоÑка!.html

if this is true, would be just madness. report smells like it is bs.

They also said that we bought Cavani for 60m, and we all know what happened. Usually they don't have their own sources and just do copy-paste(and even a false one), so I wouldn't trust them.

Poslato sa LT30p

Is witsel up for sale? Do Zenit need money?

If we are willing to spend that kind of money I prefer Pogba...

Its these types of comments that make me wonder if people actually think FM14 is real.

I haven't played FM not even once in my whole life, so your comment is a bit invalid. I don't know if Zenit needs money or not but 30-40m is a respectable amount and an offer that most teams would think about. Don't get me wrong, i am not against Matic. I like him (i didn't want him to leave in the first place) and he will be a huge upgrade to our current midfield situation but spending so much money for a player that we let go 3 years ago (practically) for peanuts seems wrong to me.

I haven't played FM not even once in my whole life, so your comment is a bit invalid. I don't know if Zenit needs money or not but 30-40m is a respectable amount and an offer that most teams would think about. Don't get me wrong, i am not against Matic. I like him (i didn't want him to leave in the first place) and he will be a huge upgrade to our current midfield situation but spending so much money for a player that we let go 3 years ago (practically) for peanuts seems wrong to me.

Zenit bought Witsel for £40m why would they sell for less?

I can understand the people who look at Matic and say "but he's not the DLP we wanted", my favourite CM to partner Ramires was Gundogan and i said it a lot, I wanted this techniquel CM to give us some smart direction in the game. But to be honest im not worried, If Mourinho sees Matic as the right player to this midfield - the one to partner Ramires for the future, im sure he had his thinking. He might sees Matic as someone who could develop to a midfield player like Alonso in Real, thats the way i see it. He might want us to play different than Dortmund/Bayern/Barca.. thats ok too for me. We can play great football with our own system. Its always "as long as we win" for me.

what I just found out: Matic will be at the Fifa Gala tomorrow (nominated for Fifa Puskas award). seems unlikely that he will fly in tomorrow to London, pass the medical and then immadiately fly to Zurich???

Zenit bought Witsel for £40m why would they sell for less?

First of all Zenit bought Witsel for 40m euros, not pounds. Zenit also spent something like 40m pounds to buy Hulk, do you believe they will sell him for more? Anyway this kind of conversation won't lead anywhere, this thread is about Matic anyway and i just stated my opinion.

Well this has escalated quickly...I swear yesterday there wasn't even any rumors about him and now the general consensus is that we've agreed with him? :lol:

Matic would be a great signing because he would give Jose the dynamism that he's been seeking in the pivot while still being very good on the ball and an excellent passer unlike Ramires and Luiz. Ideally we should have made this signing in the summer, but if the quoted 20m price is correct then I don't think we're paying an inflated price for him at all. But I very much doubt it'll be done as soon as Tuesday like the rumors are claiming. It's still early in the window and the negotiations are likely to drag on.

Well this has escalated quickly...I swear yesterday there wasn't even any rumors about him and now the general consensus is that we've agreed with him? :lol:

I remember when we signed Marin rumours appeared in the morning and it was announced by the afternoon. Recent transfer rumours that drag on in our case tend to not happen e.g. Falcao, Cavani, Hulk, Fellani (Phew)