Nemanja Matic

.Cee

I remember when we signed Marin rumours appeared in the morning and it was announced by the afternoon. Recent transfer rumours that drag on in our case tend to not happen e.g. Falcao, Cavani, Hulk, Fellani (Phew)

Can't really compare the Marin transfer with this, tbh, though. For starters the profiles of the players are completely different. Plus, we signed Marin in something like March or April so naturally not a lot of media sources picked up on it.

Well this has escalated quickly...I swear yesterday there wasn't even any rumors about him and now the general consensus is that we've agreed with him? :lol:

Matic would be a great signing because he would give Jose the dynamism that he's been seeking in the pivot while still being very good on the ball and an excellent passer unlike Ramires and Luiz. Ideally we should have made this signing in the summer, but if the quoted 20m price is correct then I don't think we're paying an inflated price for him at all. But I very much doubt it'll be done as soon as Tuesday like the rumors are claiming. It's still early in the window and the negotiations are likely to drag on.

And one of the positive's are that we are not sighning Guarin!

To be fair most of the player signed for us are the result of long speculation and most don't come off anyway(Falcao,Cavani, Aguero, Silva, Fellaini...etc). The only few surprises transfers that did happen without us knowing were Oscar, Hazard and Willian which appeared out of no where and really unexpected.

Can't really compare the Marin transfer with this, tbh, though. For starters the profiles of the players are completely different. Plus, we signed Marin in something like March or April so naturally not a lot of media sources picked up on it.

There were reports about us interested in Matic for at least a month. Di Marzio said its Guarin or Matic for us for some time.

Won't happen as fast as we all think. I hope we get him around 20-25mil, benfica didn't qualify for champs lge, they'll take it.

How will luiz feel about this lol

rammy said he wants matic here. luiz loves rammy so it will be all good.

There were reports about us interested in Matic for at least a month. Di Marzio said its Guarin or Matic for us for some time.

Yeah but there wasn't anything concrete that I was aware off. We're linked with a dozen players everyday by the papers. Doesn't mean much. It's when there are a bunch of rumors from more reliable sources that you feel that something is about to happen.

Yeah but there wasn't anything concrete that I was aware off. We're linked with a dozen players everyday by the papers. Doesn't mean much. It's when there are a bunch of rumors from more reliable sources that you feel that something is about to happen.

Not always, especially not with us it seems. Many times in the near future we're hearing about the concrete stuff only after its almost a done deal (well we dont know if thats the case yet..).

Hope its just bullshit. He was a Chelsea player, then was involved in David Luiz deal. Now we just buy him back for 20m...it makes David Luiz the most expensive CB of all time.

:rolleyes:

Matic wasnt worth that much during the exchange for Luiz, hence us buying Matic for any given sum has no effect on the value of Luiz.

Well Barcelona bought back Fabregas for 35m, Madrid bought back a few youngsters and their combined prices are probably also around 30-50m, Dortmund bought back Reus for like 17-20m and these are all big clubs :D

So at least we could join them in this list :ph34r:

Hope its just bullshit. He was a Chelsea player, then was involved in David Luiz deal. Now we just buy him back for 20m...it makes David Luiz the most expensive CB of all time.

No. Just because your lottery ticket was a winning one, it doesn't mean you bought the most expensive lottery ticket of all time. The value then and now have changed.