Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Unless the algorithm they use to "crunch" the statistics has somehow managed to solve for all the variables in the universe and predict the future then the number means next to nothing. Football transfers do not follow rules or even patters. Heck, often they don't even follow logic. That's why Bale goes for 90+m while Villa goes for under 5!

Bottom line is, you're probably better off using FIFA ratings to compare players rather than what a site think they are worth.

Depends on how you look at it . No player ever goes for their transfer market value , but at the end of the day all of them do depending on their recent performances , history , form , level they are playing at , etc. doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be sold for that exact value .

So an imaginary number set by someone who has nothing to do with either the club or the player? Sounds legit..

It's a number set by experts according to statistics and reputation of the player and league etc. which should show the players estimated value on the transfer market. Of course it isn't something like an overall rating like in FIFA, because you can't valuate a human in terms of money, but if there's a difference of €10m it is a good way to rate a player. Everybody knows that it's hard to negotiate with Portuguese sites and Matic leaving for that sum is something completely different and unrealistic. Please read my post again. The only thing I wanted to express is that Matic is still rated lower objectively than Witsel despite playing a great season at Benfica and that getting Witsel would not be any easier, because Fernando pointed out that it could be.

Depends on how you look at it . No player ever goes for their transfer market value , but at the end of the day all of them do depending on their recent performances , history , form , level they are playing at , etc. doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be sold for that exact value .

There are also variables that have nothing to do with the player performance, like what club is buying him? How bad do they need him? How many teams are in for him? In which window is he being transferred? How much time is left of the window? How happy is he at his current club? How eager is he to join the other team? Does he want to force the move? How good are the negotiators of each team? What is the selling club policy about selling players? Are they Porto or are they Chelsea?...etc and tons of other factors that you just can't measure.

But even if you put all that aside for a moment, this is football, not baseball, for example. Stats can help you show a certain point but they account for very little of the game. No stat can integrate player movement, mentality, decision making, leadership...etc

So I disagree. I don't think that those numbers on the sight can be used to predict the fee that a certain player may be sold for nor is it a good way to measure and compare the skills of football players.

It's a number set by experts according to statistics and reputation of the player and league etc. which should show the players estimated value on the transfer market. Of course it isn't something like an overall rating like in FIFA, because you can't valuate a human in terms of money, but if there's a difference of €10m it is a good way to rate a player. Everybody knows that it's hard to negotiate with Portuguese sites and Matic leaving for that sum is something completely different and unrealistic. Please read my post again. The only thing I wanted to express is that Matic is still rated lower objectively than Witsel despite playing a great season at Benfica and that getting Witsel would not be any easier, because Fernando pointed out that it could be.

Even though Matic had a great season at Benfica...Witsel is more versatile in terms of skill set and his ability to play multiple positions in midfield...hence his 'value' is going to be higher for clubs that want to buy him.

In my opinion, Matic is only worth 20 million whilst Witsel is worth close to 30 million because of his well-rounded skill set.

Benfica logic: We sold Witsel for €40m, so we'll do the same with Matic!

:lol2:

Porto and Benfica always make me laugh every transfer window, Hulk for €50m+ and Matic for €40m LO-fucking-L! :D

Do you know what makes me laugh?

Fernando Torres 60m

Porto and Benfica do what's possible to remain competitive and that means buy cheap and sell for millions. Unfortunately there ain't a Russian millionaire in every club on earth.

Fernando Torres €60m

Porto and Benfica do what's possible to remain competitive and that means buy cheap and sell for millions. Unfortunately there ain't a Russian millionaire in every club on earth.

fernandotorres_original.gif?1368649164

Laugh some more

Fernando Torres €60m

wouldn't you like be as rich as us or as successful ,,,,,envy is so destructive ,,,thou shalt not covet thy neighbours goods :halo:

There are also variables that have nothing to do with the player performance, like what club is buying him? How bad do they need him? How many teams are in for him? In which window is he being transferred? How much time is left of the window? How happy is he at his current club? How eager is he to join the other team? Does he want to force the move? How good are the negotiators of each team? What is the selling club policy about selling players? Are they Porto or are they Chelsea?...etc and tons of other factors that you just can't measure.

But even if you put all that aside for a moment, this is football, not baseball, for example. Stats can help you show a certain point but they account for very little of the game. No stat can integrate player movement, mentality, decision making, leadership...etc

So I disagree. I don't think that those numbers on the sight can be used to predict the fee that a certain player may be sold for nor is it a good way to measure and compare the skills of football players.

I said they won't be sold for that value. It's just a number written to give an overall idea for how much he's worth , not the number that is to be paid to get him. The last part, I'll disagree, seeing the amount of work put in.

how is he inferior to mikel????

Matic is a decent player, playing in a decent team in a decent league. Mikel is a better player plus hes one of the best DMs in the PL. Matic still a bit to go before we can consider him better than Mikel.

Fernando Torres €60m

£50m for Torres now is laughable, yes, but not so much then. We thought we were going to get a proven PL players with a ridiculous goalscoring record, not a meek, broken player.

You on the other hand smack massive price tags on potential or records in an inferior league. I know your clubs needs to make as much money as possible, I get it. The price tags on Falcao, Luiz, Ramires were fine, probably should've even been more; but €40m for Matic is beyond ridiculous.

You were lucky Zenit came in and payed upfront cash the last time for Witsel, and if you think Chelsea are going to do something similar for a player we gave away for nothing well then, I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. We would never pay such a price for a player we basically threw away, we'd look like absolute idiots if we did. The only reason you sold Witsel last time for so much is because Zenit had to pay the premium for being in such a bad league. So you better hope they come back for Matic, because a club from a top league will never pay such a price.

P.S. I don't even rate Matic. Good, but not as good as some think and he's not even good enough to shine Witsel's boots. He played against Chelsea, a team which is a level above the teams he usually plays against, and all he looked like was a midfield thug; resorting to running around and kicking lumps out of people because he couldn't get a sniff of the ball. He was lucky to stay on the pitch.

It also says Ba is worth 19m, and Mikel for 22m euros

Don't seem right to me

£50m for Torres now is laughable, yes, but not so much then. We thought we were going to get a proven PL players with a ridiculous goalscoring record, not a meek, broken player.

You on the other hand smack massive price tags on potential or records in an inferior league. I know your clubs needs to make as much money as possible, I get it. The price tags on Falcao, Luiz, Ramires were fine, probably should've even been more; but €40m for Matic is beyond ridiculous.

You were lucky Zenit came in and payed upfront cash the last time for Witsel, and if you think Chelsea are going to do something similar for a player we gave away for nothing well then, I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. We would never pay such a price for a player we basically threw away, we'd look like absolute idiots if we did. The only reason you sold Witsel last time for so much is because Zenit had to pay the premium for being in such a bad league. So you better hope they come back for Matic, because a club from a top league will never pay such a price.

P.S. I don't even rate Matic. Good, but not as good as some think and he's not even good enough to shine Witsel's boots. He played against Chelsea, a team which is a level above the teams he usually plays against, and all he looked like was a midfield thug; resorting to running around and kicking lumps out of people because he couldn't get a sniff of the ball. He was lucky to stay on the pitch.

You're talking like Benfica needs to desperately sell Matiç. I wish he could stay here until the end of his career.

If someone wants him... bring the 40 million. If not the better.

Matiç has been a lot better for us than Witsel was. In fact he has covered both for Javi Garcia and Witsel. He's that good.

Fernando Torres €60m

Firstly, he's a billionaire.

Secondly, why would any Russian billionaire buy a football club in Portugal? To level it and turn it into a holiday villa? Is the district line getting an underwater extension?

Matic is a decent player, playing in a decent team in a decent league. Mikel is a better player plus hes one of the best DMs in the PL. Matic still a bit to go before we can consider him better than Mikel.

Mikel's defence seems to be he's a good 'DM'. Fair enough, but the question needs to be asked whether our current system requires a 'DM' who was formed in the mould of Makelele and whether that type of player is relevant in the modern game.

Re-watch the Champions League final before answering.