Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Maybe one of the portuguese members can say how good he is in passing and playmaking?

Hes good going forward and a good long passer, although nowhere near a Gundogan or Modric. Rocket left foot. Very good at winning the ball. He'd fit in nicely.

Maybe one of the portuguese members can say how good he is in passing and playmaking?

When he arrived he was seen as an 8-10.

As we had Javi, Witsel and Aimar he didn't have many chances and was used mainly as a sub for Javi...

When Javi and Witsel left... Matic subbed both and believe me... he did both jobs. He was considered the best player in the league in front of such as Joao Moutinho, Jackson Martinez, James Rodriguez, Gaitan, Cardozo etc.

He is definitely a better player when playing as a 6. He combines engine, strength, technique, vision, shooting... This year he has played many games as 8 where he hasn't been near as good. So while he has more than enough passing and playmaking for playing as a 6 or in a double pivot, I don't think he is a world beater playing as a 8 or 10.

Hes good going forward and a good long passer, although nowhere near a Gundogan or Modric. Rocket left foot. Very good at winning the ball. He'd fit in nicely.

Where would you rank his passing then? Pogba level? or less?

The thing about the current Matic/Guarin situation is that i think getting Matic would probably mean we got our CM also for the future, and Guarin is more of a short term solution that could keep the option to buy another CM in the summer. The question is if Matic-Ramires is a good enough double pivot in a long term view.

When he arrived he was seen as an 8-10.

As we had Javi, Witsel and Aimar he didn't have many chances and was used mainly as a sub for Javi...

When Javi and Witsel left... Matic subbed both and believe me... he did both jobs. He was considered the best player in the league in front of such as Joao Moutinho, Jackson Martinez, James Rodriguez, Gaitan, Cardozo etc.

He is definitely a better player when playing as a 6. He combines engine, strength, technique, vision, shooting... This year he has played many games as 8 where he hasn't been near as good. So while he has more than enough passing and playmaking for playing as a 6 or in a double pivot, I don't think he is a world beater playing as a 8 or 10.

According to this words on Matic I could actualy see Jose going for this kind of midfield with Matic-Ramires, very balanced and powerfull, and if Matic could get the game going from the back like you say he could it will be a good option.

Where would you rank his passing then? Pogba level? or less?

The thing about the current Matic/Guarin situation is that i think getting Matic would probably mean we got our CM also for the future, and Guarin is more of a short term solution that could keep the option the buy another CM in the summer. The question is if Matic-Ramires is a good enough double pivot in a long term view.

His passing is very good, I meant that he's not close to Gundoganor Modric going forward, wich is normal. Like the other poster said, he's better as a 6.

My question with Matic is not whether he's good enough, but his price tag. 40m is steep. But looking at the market and how inflated it is, it's not as bad as it sounds..

His passing is very good, I meant that he's not close to Gundoganor Modric going forward, wich is normal. Like the other poster said, he's better as a 6.

My question with Matic is not whether he's good enough, but his price tag. 40m is steep. But looking at the market and how inflated it is, it's not as bad as it sounds..

Isn't he available for 20-25m due to their financial problems?

Isn't he available for 20-25m due to their financial problems?

You'd have to ask a Benfica fan about that, but I highly doubt they'd let the best player in the league leave for that little amount. They'd rather sell someone like Gaitán IMO.

The best part of getting a solid creative dm like Matic would be that we won't have to invest in a centre back as the root cause of our defensive problems is the lack of a reliable defensive midfielder.

That is very far from reality, though, lately. Most if not all of the goals that we have conceded in the past month have come from individual mistakes from the back four.

We do need a CB. Maybe not in Jan, but certainly in the summer. And we definitely need a new LB.

That is very far from reality, though, lately. Most if not all of the goals that we have conceded in the past month have come from individual mistakes from the back four.

We do need a CB. Maybe not in Jan, but certainly in the summer. And we definitely need a new LB.

lol i meant in January only. Sorry for the confusion.

Brazilian midfielder Ramires says Chelsea should re-sign Nemanja Matic to help them win trophies this season.

Chelsea have been heavily linked with a move to get Benfica midfielder Matic in January along with his team mate Lazar Markovic.

Ramires told Portugese newspaper Ojogo said: “If it depends on me then I would sign Matic on January 1. I’m convinced with him in the team, he would help us our obtain our objectives.”

Matic left Stamford Bridge for Benfica in 2011 as part of the deal which took David Luiz in the opposite direction.

Chelsea are also eyeing South African midfielder Ayanda Patosi, 21, who plays for Belgian Lokeren and could go for around £1.5m. Ajax are also watching him.