Nemanja Matic

.Cee

@_GoncaloLopes: Matic, Mourinho's first choice to lead Chelsea's midfield. #cfc #Mourinho

@_GoncaloLopes: 30m€, the offer that could be enough to buy him. #cfc #mourinho #benfica

Would be an immense signing. Reminds me of Rendondo.

@_GoncaloLopes: Matic, Mourinho's first choice to lead Chelsea's midfield. #cfc #Mourinho

@_GoncaloLopes: 30m€, the offer that could be enough to buy him. #cfc #mourinho #benfica

Would be an immense signing. Reminds me of Rendondo.

After we sold him and now want him back?

Are we now like Barcelona paying expensive fees for players we let go?

Don't see this happening, he can stay over there in Benfica.

After we sold him and now want him back?

Are we now like Barcelona paying expensive fees for players we let go?

Don't see this happening, he can stay over there in Benfica.

Except unlike Barcelona, we're stupid enough not to implement buy-back clauses! Lmao

That's an excellent point!

Funniest thing I read today, is that we're looking to sell Luiz to fund the Matic deal :lol: Tha irony there is almost painful!

Resigning Matic would be a huge "F*** You" to the Chelsea board and youth policy and a confession by the club of making a huge mistake. A confession that I'm not sure they are ready to make, so I very much doubt the deal will go through.

Because the club are idiots you don't want him back? He's one of the best in his position and he would improve us a lot.

He's better than De Rossi for instance and has a lot left in the tank unlike DDR.

Unreal size, terrific composure on the ball and wins a lot of challenges. €30m is steep though especially considering the fact we practically gave him to these c**ts for free.

That's an excellent point!

Funniest thing I read today, is that we're looking to sell Luiz to fund the Matic deal :lol: Tha irony there is almost painful!

Resigning Matic would be a huge "F*** You" to the Chelsea board and youth policy and a confession by the club of making a huge mistake. A confession that I'm not sure they are ready to make, so I very much doubt the deal will go through.

Thank you, I tried exceptionally hard to think of a post worthy of meeting your high standards. I'm glad you acknowledged the attempt.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky italy is.bullshit site, just like daily mail or the.sun. And why are you so sudden obsessed with.Matic?? I bet most of you didn't watch more than 3-4 games od.benfica this season..and everyone is praising him... He is.good, but for me he.is.no better than Mikel. His relase clause us 45 mil euros, which is ridiculous and noone will pay that for him. I bet Chelsea isn't even interested in,him and this is.just another media lie. LAst week they said we are selling Luiz to fund Matics transfer..bullshit bullshit bullshit...it's just oanother player Mourinho wants, with other 20 that he already signed...

I agree.. I don't get the hype about this guy. He was ok against us, but ffs against a Lampard-Luiz or Lampard-Ramires pivot my gran would be pretty decent too

Not saying he isn't good. I would of course prefer it if we hadn't let him go as he would have been very good cover for our midfield last season. But we did let him go, so we should just move on. He isn't a potential superstar, and he'll cost way too much now. Not worth it at all IMO. There are far too many better players out there, plus this will make us look like complete idiots if we resign him for 20 odd over million

Well I think Matic is the only one player that we bought for potential that has done ok.

Before that, everyone was very bad. With the exception of Sturridge, but his case of leaving was all down to Torres fault. Trying to play him a lot to get the best out of him frustrated a player like Sturridge.

But Matic good improvement has shown that our club continues to spot good talent.

Not everyone we buy we are able to retain. There are players we let go and we will wish we kept them. Every team and manager has done that in past. SAF with Stam, Barcelona letting some good players go for nothing. Real Madrid with a lot of their younger players. So it happens, no one is perfect.

If you take that into account, the one major downfall for us was a bit of stability. In this perhaps I agree with Mourinho and the club. You need stability to help infuse these youngsters player into the team.

Now is Mourinho the right coach for this?

His past record does not help him, but a top manager in looking for a new challenge, such gamble is worth a short.

My ideal manager would have been AVB as he has better skills in dealing with younger players and attractive football. Not to mention he has a better eye to spot potential talent. But it is what it is, and in Mourinho we will have some stability which is needed to help bring a couple of younger players into our team.

Well I think Matic is the only one player that we bought for potential that has done ok.

Before that, everyone was very bad. With the exception of Sturridge, but his case of leaving was all down to Torres fault. Trying to play him a lot to get the best out of him frustrated a player like Sturridge.

But Matic good improvement has shown that our club continues to spot good talent.

Not everyone we buy we are able to retain. There are players we let go and we will wish we kept them. Every team and manager has done that in past. SAF with Stam, Barcelona letting some good players go for nothing. Real Madrid with a lot of their younger players. So it happens, no one is perfect.

If you take that into account, the one major downfall for us was a bit of stability. In this perhaps I agree with Mourinho and the club. You need stability to help infuse these youngsters player into the team.

Now is Mourinho the right coach for this?

His past record does not help him, but a top manager in looking for a new challenge, such gamble is worth a short.

My ideal manager would have been AVB as he has better skills in dealing with younger players and attractive football. Not to mention he has a better eye to spot potential talent. But it is what it is, and in Mourinho we will have some stability which is needed to help bring one or two younger players into our team.

Thats harsh. I´d say it was the managers' fault. insisting in playing Torres ahead of DS23.

Thats harsh. I´d say it was the managers' fault. insisting in playing Torres ahead of DS23.

Well If Torres was firing like he was doing before then Sturridge would have gotten more time against the smaller side.

Instead we had to waist that time to raise the princess confidence.

Well If Torres was firing like he was doing before then Sturridge would have gotten more time against the smaller side.

Instead we had to waist that time to raise the princess confidence.

I can see what you mean, but remember Sturridge was injured for a big part of his time at Chelsea this season. Last season it was all about Didier, Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku.

Anyway, this is Nemanja's thread, so maybe we should go back on Topic. :blue scalf: :blue scalf: