Can people stop saying we don't have a striker? Ba has won us our last two games and Eto'o has been by far our best player in the big games this season.

Eto can score at home but is shit away and is too slow and can't beat a defender.

Ba is tall, but is weaker than his size suggests, slow, not creative at all.

Torres is torres.

We've been going in the league with stoke city level strikers, we should do better with strikers that beat players with speed, score wonder goals to bail us out when we play bad, create chances for hazard, and have good technique on the ball and not lose it with their every first touch. (Suarez, aguero, rooney, sturridge, cavani, tevez, ibrahimovic, diegocosta, lewandoski) practically every top champions league challenging team except chelsea have this at their mercy.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ba is tall, but is weaker than his size suggests, slow, not creative at all.

Really? Ba's stronger than people give him credit for. Knows how to hold of a defender and chest the ball down. I'd also give special reference (never thought I'd do this) to Jamie Carragher on his analysis when Ba faced Norwhich earlier

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29327/8960794/drogba-esque-performance-by-demba-ba-at-norwich-says-jamie-carragher

His performance was Drogba-esque at times in the sense that he was really putting himself about and he was quite brave a couple of times.

Every United fan pulling for us now as well. Love the way we're still barely being mentioned as title contenders, Gonna make it all that sweeter when we go to Anfield and beat them.

It's impossible for Liverpool to win the league. Impossible!

Torres only scored 23 goals in all competitions last season but really though, that amount was greatly exaggerated by his number of goals in the Europa League (even if those did help us to win the competition). And let's not also forget that he literally didn't even score a SINGLE goal from end of December till the last game of the season in the league!

Haha that header against Villa and that goal away at Everton. Makes me laugh looking back

Really? Ba's stronger than people give him credit for. Knows how to hold of a defender and chest the ball down. I'd also give special reference (never thought I'd do this) to Jamie Carragher on his analysis when Ba faced Norwhich earlier

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29327/8960794/drogba-esque-performance-by-demba-ba-at-norwich-says-jamie-carragher

I know he's better than what we've seen, bcos of limited chances. But he's still no where near the level of strikers I listed in my previous post. If we win the champions league, we'll be the first club to do so with this level of strikers.

If we win the EPL, we'll be the first club to do it without getting 15 goals out of any of our strikers.

Record breaking feats we have been doing this season IMO.

Liverpool is a worse squad than us with TWO - not only one, but TWO great strikers, one of which world class and probably the best in the world right now. Haven't those people seen ManU win a title all because of van Persie last year? Let me tell a very simple rule in football: whenever you outscore the goals you concede you win three points. Winning three points week in and out because your striker just push the ball into the net makes you champion, not matter how weak the rest of your squad AND/OR system is.

I found this wonderful post to complement what I mean :clap:

Ba is strong look at the guy he's a specimen of a man, it's his reaction time that let's him down.

I know he's better than what we've seen, bcos of limited chances. But he's still no where near the level of strikers I listed in my previous post. If we win the champions league, we'll be the first club to do so with this level of strikers.

If we win the EPL, we'll be the first club to do it without getting 15 goals out of any of our strikers.

Record breaking feats we have been doing this season IMO.

I found this wonderful post to complement what I mean :clap:

Porto 2004. Manager : Mr Mourinho.

"Listen. This is gone. We go to Norwich, exactly the same. We go together. Come on!"

Gosh, whats so special about that? its exactly the same as you saying focus for the next game and forget this match. but the world make it like the most beautiful quote in football history :doh:

oh gawd, pls boys shut these cunts already. i've had enough :mouthclosed:

"Listen. This is gone. We go to Norwich, exactly the same. We go together. Come on!"

Gosh, whats so special about that? its exactly the same as you saying focus for the next game and forget this match. but the world make it like the most beautiful quote in football history :doh:

oh gawd, pls boys shut these cunts already. i've had enough

I'd love to see Norwich wreck them. Then Gerrad be like, Listen. This is gone. We go to Chelsea, exactly the same. We go together. Come on :D

Every United fan pulling for us now as well. Love the way we're still barely being mentioned as title contenders, Gonna make it all that sweeter when we go to Anfield and beat them.

It's impossible for Liverpool to win the league. Impossible!

I can see this so clearly - Everything's shaping up for the bindippers to get it ... so OF COURSE evil-enemies-of-football-plastic-rentboys Chelsea turn up to piss on their parade.

Perfect.

The only positive thing after City's result is more belief from players and Mourinho himself.

Which is good obviously, but brings more pressure.

Which is good because these kind of games Mourinho loves the most.

Still, when it comes to our title chances nothing has really changed since last week.

If we don't win at Anfield Liverpool will get their 19th title.

And I fully expect them to.

Somehow I can't see us winning there. Not under those circumstances.

I have more faith in us beating Atletico and Bayern/Real, even though mentioned teams would have smashed Liverpool if they met them.

The only positive thing after City's result is more belief from players and Mourinho himself.

Becuase CIty lost points we can win the title.

About Nowrich-Liverpool tommorow, actually nothing benefits us but a Liverpool lost. If they lose, a draw against them next week could be enough as long as City's droping 2 more points. This way we'll be 1st.

English football should support Chelsea in Champions League - Bruce

Good to see someone realises we should have more rest in between games. Top man!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/04/18/4760624/english-football-should-support-chelsea-in-champions-league?ICID=HP_BN_6