Sunderland v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I won't post a team of my own because most of you guys have covered what I want. Plus I don't think Jose reads my posts *sobs*.

Will be tougher than we may think based on league positions. But I'm hopeful for a 1-0 or even 2-0 win. Torres got a double there last season so I expect him to start. Use Ba and his physical presence against Stoke. Then maybe play Eto'o against Steaua. Every striker's a winner!!

A Schurrle sighting would be nice too. Just sayin'

Come on Chelsea!!

Attack their weaknesses.

Play down the sides of the centre-halves (O'Shea & Wes Brown), get the wide midfielders to do what it says on the tin and stay wide, don't narrow their defence.

Keep Cattermole away from Mata (if he starts) to provide space for Mata to operate in, by deploying a decoy runner (Ramires?). Play balls into channels for the forward, if the full-back tucks in tight to his centre-half use the wide men.

I get the feeling Poyet will play 5 at the back and this might be similar to playing at home and trying to break down a 9-man defence, with them playing on the break.

One of our better performances beats their best, so tactics and all that aside, the players need to turn up firstly and foremostly. A small niggling doubt is that Jose might be tempted to make a few changes to keep us fresh, the doubt being does this break any continuity we have?

5:30 am kick off over here in Australia. Please don't be a depressing day in the office.

With Oscar injured it will be interesting to see Mata in #10 position. I'd love to see at least Schurlle or Willian beside him, as another member pointed out it will be fascinating to see him with the two widest players we have.

KTBFFH!

Watch as the game goes 0-0 and Sunderland longballs it up top to Jozy and win 1-0....

I expect Ki to have a million fouls this game (rambo like)... Good game to look at Ki for Chelsea...

Watch as the game goes 0-0 and Sunderland longballs it up top to Jozy and win 1-0....

I expect Ki to have a million fouls this game (rambo like)... Good game to look at Ki for Chelsea...

Hasnt Jozy been Benched since the fascist was fired?

Can you guys imagine what will happen if we draw/lose this and Arsenal win... Eruption on here and in real life

We really cant afford that.. anything less than 3 pts and we're fucked, really fucked. (if Arsenal win ofc)