Sunderland v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match Appointments

Referee: Phil Dowd. Assistants: M Perry, D Bryan. Fourth Official: S Attwell.

We've only lost three times in the league (in the past 10 years) with Phil Dowd as referee

We lost against United (A), Spurs (A) & Wigan (A)..

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/chelsea-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_631_384.html

If he is selected I would really like to see Hazard grab this game by the scruff of the neck and take it to Sunderland, he has been good this season IMO and it's about time he slipped into gear and pulled a team apart.

Now please.

Not an easy game, I read above.

Then whom are Chelsea gonna beat if not Sunderland ?

A clean sheet I expect too.

Have you been following Sunderland under ex blues man Gus Poyet?

They have gone from relegation fodder under DiCanio to a hard working, well disciplined side - it won't be an easy match.

They are on the up - and we are a little inconsistent.

If we get the first goal - we should kick on and win - but if they grab an early lead it might be a tough game resulting in a draw. Gus will be motivating his players massively, could even be a Red Card in this game...

Look at Hull vs Liverpool last weekend?

The EPL offers no easy games - that's why the league generates the most money globally - every game is hard to call.

So this air of 3 points and clean sheet is bordering on delusional... ;)

It's a war, we have to fight every battle and I'm with WeHateScouse - scrappy 1-0 win will do...

Have you been following Sunderland under ex blues man Gus Poyet?

They have gone from relegation fodder under DiCanio to a hard working, well disciplined side - it won't be an easy match.

They are on the up - and we are a little inconsistent.

If we get the first goal - we should kick on and win - but if they grab an early lead it might be a tough game resulting in a draw. Gus will be motivating his players massively, could even be a Red Card in this game...

Look at Hull vs Liverpool last weekend?

The EPL offers no easy games - that's why the league generates the most money globally - every game is hard to call.

So this air of 3 points and clean sheet is bordering on delusional... ;)

It's a war, we have to fight every battle and I'm with WeHateScouse - scrappy 1-0 win will do...

Exactly, and December is a time when it's just about the points on the board. Performances and goals scored really don't matter.

I'd take 1-0 wins all this month and be very happy.

As for the team

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Mikel Lampard

Ramires Oscar Hazard

Torres

I'd go for the same as the West Ham game, but I can see Jose maybe going with something a little different.

Exactly, and December is a time when it's just about the points on the board. Performances and goals scored really don't matter.

I'd take 1-0 wins all this month and be very happy.

As for the team

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Mikel Lampard

Ramires Oscar Hazard

Torres

I'd go for the same as the West Ham game, but I can see Jose maybe going with something a little different.

Is Oscar ok to play?

Jose Press Conference Notes:

David Luiz not fit still, but hoping he returns soon so he can rotate the centre half partnerships.

Eto'o back training with the team. He could play.

Oscar will NOT play tomorrow.

Reiterates that Azpi is playing very well. Cole is fit and could play either of the next three games. Says a left back with a right foot is 'not a problem'.

Jose: "There is a lot to play for in Dec and Jan, we will see if one of the top six opens a real gap (at the top)." #CFC

No contact with Romelu Lukaku. Says he could 'say whatever he wants' with regard to possibly staying at Everton. 'Maybe its a new rule in football for every player to decide their future at the end of the season'.

Jose: "Eden Hazard is doing his job and working hard to improve certain qualities of his game. He's learning and I'm happy with him." #CFC

When asked about January comings and goings- 'No', and then 'You never know'. Usual stuff from Jose.

Jose: "In my career I've only finished first and second and if I'm not there I don't feel comfortable." #CFC

There ya go guys! :)

He said he was after the match, but I'd watch for something more official. I could quite imagine Mata retaining his place anyway or maybe even Willian coming in for a more 'energetic' presence in that spot.

Are you going mate?

Have a feeling Le Arse will start to slip up soon enough. Of the utmost importance that we get all 3 points against the likes of Sunderland and Stoke.

My preferred team tomorrow:

--------------Torres-------------

Schürrle----Mata----Willian

---------Mikel------Ramires--------

Cole----Terry-----Cahill----Iva

--------------Cech--------------