Sunderland v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old joke.

And here I was thinking I was being original.

No, he just watched him play absolute shit for weeks in a row.

Fair enough. Thought he'd get a chance again by now, feels like ages since I have last seen him. Would also be good to a have left-footed player in that position again imo, much better for build-up play.

As always, would've gone with Mikel over Lamps. Other than that, sexy team.

Should be able to do the business, but I have a feeling we'll make this as hard for ourselves as possible like we always seem to do against bad teams.

Why not Mikel instead of Lampard!!!!!

Because we need to attack and score.

It's not as simple as Lampard = attack and Mikel = defend.

With Mikel in the team, there is more stability in midfield. Ramires and also the attacking midfielders have much more freedom knowing they always have at least one player to cover for them if they lose the ball but with the Lampard - Ramires pivot there's a lot of confusion on who stays back which often means the players get too cautious with the ball, resulting in dire attacking play. And of course the other alternative is shocking defensive play if both Lampard and Ramires bomb forward and the opponent gets a quick counter-attack.