Basel v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful first half and I have to put a lot of this down to team selection (which I am generally reluctant to do). The formation is a mess. This seems to be a real 4-3-3 for the first time but...Oscar is not a winger and has been useless there. Lampard is 35 and just ran a ton 3 days ago and has been a waste of space. I also know I am in the minority, but I simply don't like Azpilicueta as a LB. He got beaten repeatedly against West Ham and he is being pulled apart even worse tonight. To be fair, whoever is on the left (Willian? Oscar?) is giving him no support either. Because he is right-footed, it's also very hard for him to attack on that flank and Ivanovic isn't attacking much which means we have no width at all in attack. If we want to play a 4-3-3, we have you know, actual wingers. We also have real squad depth. Why not use it? Mata or Schurrle in for Lampard should solve a number of problems.

A response people who are incapable of rebutting a statement or forming a counter argument use. Jose maybe very successful but he's and has always been tactically rigid.

Sign Pellegrini or Wenger. They won nothing in the last 10 years but it's really funny.

A response people who are incapable of rebutting a statement or forming a counter argument use. Jose maybe very successful but he's and has always been tactically rigid.

Tactical rigidity has got fuck all to do with this performance. The fact is that this is the ideal game for counter-attacking tactics but the players have failed to implement ANY tactics thus far. Defensively there are too many gaps in the middle and going forward the movement has been dismal.

I guess you must have read that Jose is tactically rigid but it really doesn't pertain to anything that you might've seen in the last 45 minutes of football. :carlo:

Well, that was rather pathetic. Lucky to still be at 0-0 at HT. We had 0 - ZERO - shots in the first half and the only attacking threat is coming from Willian. And not to mention, we seem intent of giving the ball away needlessly and let Basel hit us on the counter. :banghead: Team needs sorting!

At least Willian checks the 'work-rate' box.

AVB is doing poorly at spurs because like Jose, he's terrible at getting his team to break down packed defenses and create chances in multitude of ways i.e tactically rigid. which proves my point

You believe your own hype mate, just silence your noise, read a nursery rhyme and go to bed.

The cow jumps over the moon....honest.

Sleep tight, you won't be missed.

Our great players did the business at West Ham but today is the day we need our holding midfielder who protects the back four to come into play ,Maka would have loved this game ,but now we have a passenger in there ,he is awful that clumsy foul for the free kick summed him up ,he is in no mans land ,get him off Jose !!!!

How long before someone turns up here and say's everything was great under Benitez and we were playing like Brazil of the 70s?

Benitez might be too tactically rigid.

What we need is someone who's a little tactically rigid, but not too tactically rigid.

What would be ideal is someone tactically limp, or maybe someone a bit more tactically floppy because I've had enough of tactical rigidity yes siree.

He is the messiah remember after his 2 goals :ph34r:

Nobody said he's the messiah. He has bad games like today. just that people like that poster you quote are delirious in their hatred for Lampard that they don't see his quality. Even today, yes, Lampard has been awful but blaming him for the team's first half performance is insane. Pretty much the entire team has been bad. (And I am 100% positive that posters like him are giddy with delight when certain players fail because validating their beliefs is more important than our team actually succeeding).

You believe your own hype mate, just silence your noise, read a nursery rhyme and go to bed.

The cow jumps over the moon....honest.

Sleep tight, you won't be missed.

intellectuals never resort to insult and patronising tactic. That's what people who are to mentally weak to form a counter argument do