Basel v Chelsea

Jase

Have to say the Basel are playing very well and have closed us down once we pass half way. Although we have played poorly we are still at 0-0. So after a rocket up the ass from Jose and some tactical tweaks I feel confident we will win this one. 0-2.

Hope we are not slipping back to our old "November" ways :fainthv9:

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a sub ,but Torres has already come on , I would swap bring Rammy into the holding role and get Hazard on ,we are letting them get at us throuh the middle,nobody is breaking the play up and Mikel is the obvious player to make way ,he is not at the races,lets see what he does?

Nobody said he's the messiah. He has bad games like today. just that people like that poster you quote are delirious in their hatred for Lampard that they don't see his quality. Even today, yes, Lampard has been awful but blaming him for the team's first half performance is insane. Pretty much the entire team has been bad. (And I am 100% positive that posters like him are giddy with delight when certain players fail because validating their beliefs is more important than our team actually succeeding).

I am not blaming him in particular, this just further proves my point that Lampard just had a good game and it is not gonna change much. Many people were expecting him to comeback to his best form or something. This should bring those people back down to Earth

Basel have played some great football. Some of the one touch counters were a joy to see. Shame it's against Chelsea but whatever at least they're not 1 or 2 up. Hopefully we'll start playing second half.