Chelsea v Schalke

Jase

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we know schurrle will be starting then

He should have never been dropped against newcastle.

What an absolute terrible formation Mourinho chose then. It was the same as last years, and just as bad.

One of Schurrle/Wilian should be on the pitch at all times.

Just saw a tweet from Jason Cundy saying Mata, Luiz, Hazard, Cole and Lampard have all been dropped for tonight's match. It's a picture from a newspaper back page. It's a bit unfair by Mourinho I'd say, to drop Hazard after one bad game whilst it took him 10 or so matches to do the same with Lampard.

Well they don't have a guaranteed spot, they shouldn't. Hazard hasn't exactly been immense and consistent has he? He like many needs to raise his game, Mourinho won't have players who's level drops whether it be Hazard, Luiz or anyone.

Just saw a tweet from Jason Cundy saying Mata, Luiz, Hazard, Cole and Lampard have all been dropped for tonight's match. It's a picture from a newspaper back page. It's a bit unfair by Mourinho I'd say, to drop Hazard after one bad game whilst it took him 10 or so matches to do the same with Lampard.

Lampard didn't have 10 or so bad matches though.

Hazard also hasn't been in sparkling form, showing glimpses here and there so why that's unfair I'm not sure especially considering the form of Schurrle and Willian.

May I point out ? Hazard had more than one bad game, so far.

If it´s true, Schurrle & William are playing, it just makes sense, I feel.

Lampard didn't have 10 or so bad matches though.

Hazard also hasn't been in sparkling form, showing glimpses here and there so why that's unfair I'm not sure especially considering the form of Schurrle and Willian.

You could say that, but in my opinion, the Lampard of today will never excel in his new makeshift role, at 35 he just cannot cope with the amount of ground he has to cover, all I see is him chasing after players trying to tug their shirts once they've gone past him. That's my whole point with Frankie, I'd have no problems seeing him starting certain games in a more forward role with two players behind him, in a sort of 4-3-3. But that's a discussion for another day.

If it is indeed Willian - Oscar - Andre starting tonight, that's gonna be quite interesting as it's one of the combinations I wanted to see behind the striker. If it's not, it doesn't matter one bit as all I want is a victory and the three points thank you very much, regardless of who starts.

You could say that, but in my opinion, the Lampard of today will never excel in his new makeshift role, at 35 he just cannot cope with the amount of ground he has to cover, all I see is him chasing after players trying to tug their shirts once they've gone past him. That's my whole point with Frankie, I'd have no problems seeing him starting certain games in a more forward role with two players behind him, in a sort of 4-3-3. But that's a discussion for another day.

If it is indeed Willian - Oscar - Andre starting tonight, that's gonna be quite interesting as it's one of the combinations I wanted to see behind the striker. If it's not, it doesn't matter one bit as all I want is a victory and the three points thank you very much, regardless of who starts.

Regardless of the role Lampard is playing, you said he had 10 or so bad games but then said Hazard was unfairly dropped when he's had a similar start to the season that Lamps has.

It's this inconsistency with judging players that I don't quite understand, especially when Hazard has competition like Schurrle and Willian who are in good form and probably deserve a game.

KDB for me. Seeing the comments, and the fact that Jose does indeed want to drop players, then Willian , KDB and Schurrle for me.

What has Oscar done to deserve dropping? I'm not surprised to see you suggesting this line-up but it strikes me as odd.

If Jose is dropping them lot then Oscar should be dropped as well as he wasn't much better against Newcastle .

team will be -

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta

Ramires - Mikel

Willian - De Bruyne/Oscar - Schurrle

Eto'o/Ba

What has Oscar done to deserve dropping? I'm not surprised to see you suggesting this line-up but it strikes me as odd.

No one's saying Oscar has been bad. Has had a tremendous season, arguably our best player , no doubt . But the performance against Newcastle was shocking . Jose was pretty livid . Maybe Oscar might start, but to give everyone in the team a reality check, he might drop all assured starters and play players who have 'fringe' roles.