Chelsea v Schalke

Jase

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup. its good we have to only play 4 more matches in november. out of which 2 are at home. if we win both the ones at home, the away match at basek becomes almost inconsequential unless they beat schalke away from home, which is not gonna happen.

the 4th match is whu (away), thats going to be one disappointment...

Can see where you are coming from but wouldn't say the Basel away game is inconsequential as that will be our 5th game. We still need at least a point from there to secure qualification even if we beat Schalke this Wednesday. That is unless we want to make life difficult and give ourselves heart attack moments in the last game at home Steaua, even though that is a match we should win nicely.

Can see where you are coming from but wouldn't say the Basel away game is inconsequential as that will be our 5th game. We still need at least a point from there to secure qualification even if we beat Schalke this Wednesday. That is unless we want to make life difficult and give ourselves heart attack moments in the last game at home Steaua, even though that is a match we should win nicely.

Also it would be nice to effectively chalk a match off the calendar by securing the group before game 6th which will give us a chance to play some fringe players.

Also it would be nice to effectively chalk a match off the calendar by securing the group before game 6th which will give us a chance to play some fringe players.

Exactly. And not to mention, we have 8 games to play in December. Even 1 dead rubber game then to rest some players would be helpful.

i would also like to see ake, traore, kalas and all those boys

well no he probably won't play

i sure hope not, he always seems to run rings around our defence

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Mikel

Willian - Hazard - Schurrle

Torres

I reealy want to see Wilian - Hazard - Schurrle together with Torres up top! So much pace and directness!

I wish mou could play this sometimes. Speed, direct football and high energy. No time for tika taka bullshit

With the squad depth we have now proved by the matches against City and Arsenal people are talking about having dead rubbers to rest players?

Chelsea can play any combination of 11 players on weekday and other completely 11 players in the weekend and we'll be strong giving who we play in December.

The reason why we should do well on CL in the three remaining matches is because we need that 1st place to avoid bad crosses in the round of 16.

We shouldn't be confused about what happened Saturday. That was a soulless team that I'm sure has been smacked by Mourinho ever since in all possible ways. I'm sure a few of them met a side of Mourinho they didn't know yet and I'm sure it'll shake them.

We didn't lose because we played bad, we lost because for an entire 45 minutes basically none of our players turned up to play. The reason we were so successful in other matches was because of pressing, focus and dedication none of which we showed against Newcastle. They really believed they would win when they pleased, with Newcastle scared of them. But then Pardew realized how our players were pathetic and changed his tactics for the second.

We don't need to rest players 1) they're not tired (too soon in the season for that) 2) few players haven't been rotated except in the League Cup (Cech, Iva, JT, Ramires). So the rest talk seems out of place imo. We need those guys to work their tits off. That's what we need, whoever those 11 may be. And I have no doubts they will because they got the Mourinho treatment after that ridiculous, arrogant, lazy, disheartened match.

if we win against schalke then the group will be

chelsea 9 points

basek 7 points

schalke 6

bucuresti 1

then even if we lose to basel

basel 10

chelsea 9

schalke 9

bucuresti 1

last match will be schalke vs basel and chelsea vs bucuresti. i seriously cant see basel winning at schalke especially when their own qualification is on the line. we should be winning a home game to bucuresti anyways.

so not to get too ahead of myself but if we win this match the pressure will be all on the other teams to make their moves rather than on us.

if we win against schalke then the group will be

chelsea 9 points

basek 7 points

schalke 6

bucuresti 1

then even if we lose to basel

basel 10

chelsea 9

schalke 9

bucuresti 1

last match will be schalke vs basel and chelsea vs bucuresti. i seriously cant see basel winning at schalke especially when their own qualification is on the line. we should be winning a home game to bucuresti anyways.

so not to get too ahead of myself but if we win this match the pressure will be all on the other teams to make their moves rather than on us.

Yes but don't think we should be taking anything for granted anyway. If it goes to that scenario, Schalke's qualification is on the line but so are Basel's. And moreover, nobody expected or would have imagined us losing to Basel at home but then it happened. Anything can happen really.

Cech

Ivanovic

Cahill

Terry

Cole

Ramires

Mikel

Schurrle

Oscar

Willian

Torres

Hazard should be dropped because he has been average for a few games now, Luiz purely for that absolute cop out of a 'tackle' at the weekend. Yes I do select teams with an iron fist.