Chelsea v Schalke

Jase

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this is true I'll marry Mourinho.

Those are the same guys I said in one of my posts I thought should be dropped. All of them, with no exception and no addition on my part.

It's a wake up call for a few. Our line up still looks strong, Willian - Oscar - Schurrle is a great attacking trio.

Willian starts, Lampard and Cole dropped.

Cech; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Ivanovic; Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle; Eto'o

I was about to post that as my preferred lineup. I hope that's what we'll play indeed

edit: which has just been confirmed by a few posts before mine. So I'm a happy cookie.

Now Kev in the bench with Hazard out of selection... bold move - and necessary one - by Mourinho. I think Hazard needs to start to feel some pressure if he wants to shine. It's November and he hasn't picked decent (as in consistent) form yet. That's nearly unacceptable. Mata hasn't either, but he didn't play as much as Hazard. So I guess Eden will have a lot to think.

That's the confirmed lineup. It's on the UEFA site.

On the bench: Schwarzer, Cole, Luiz, Lampard, Mata, De Bruyne and Ba.

No Hazard...

Wow. Any news on him? He must have a knock or something, to not be even on the bench that's too harsh a punishment for Eden, he had one bad game in the last 5.

People reading too much into individual game lineups. We have a game in 3 days, the third in a week. We are going to have to rotate a lot of players. We beat Schalke 3-0 on their ground. Yes, we have to try but this is a game we should win easily . Not every game is Mourinho trying to put out who he thinks his best 11 players are. We will see a number of players not playing today start on Saturday.