Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

Fine except Kalas. Can't trust him to be Luiz's partner in defense.

The way i see it, if someone's gonna partner Kalas, it has to be Terry. I'd say, for this match, Cahill- Luiz till half time and give the young lad a chance if we are winning. Its not like we are facing Tranmere fucking Rovers here.

Id rather just risk it to be honest, we must prioritize 3 points at Newcastle.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that Wenger would want to beat us badly and put him on not for the entire match though, maybe just the first half to try and influence an early head start. Most people have been saying that Arsenal are only on top because they haven't gone up against a big club as yet and Wenger might want to prove a point. That Arsenal are title contenders this year. Mourinho also pointed that out in his post match interview that Arsenal might just go hard for silverware they seem pretty desperate too for it.

You guys make a good point as well too. They don't have a deep squad so they should think out a strategic plan to effectively guide their season and didn't Wenger put out mostly youth in their last match? I can't see him doing that again but it does show that power from being top of the table for so long has gone to his head. Shame most of their supporters aren't the same

He does but due to their schedule he will have to make sacrifices. Ozil being the key one as he has started every single game since joining. The fact that Arsenal are doing so well in the league and are 50/50 in their champions league campaign means Wenger will put less empthasis on this cup which might play in our hands but at the same time they still will have a good team and should not be underestimated.

Also, yes you are right about their last COC match. Wenger but out quite a lot of unexperienced players. Will play a slightly better team against us but still with quite a few players from their normal 11 out because they far too many important fixtures coming up that will tell a big part in how their season ahead lies.

Why would Jose play any of the same players as they played against Citeh & risk injuries ?

No, Jose will not do it.

On Saturday at 12.30 the Newcastle game is much more important than this one.

It´s called priority, in my view.

the sympathy KDB getting here is weird cos i remember people expecting squad players like KALOU to put in messi-like performances in the only match he got after a month on the bench or the reserves. where was this concern about KALOU or moses' match-fitness when people so conviniently ridiculed and abused them!!!

anyways have nothing against KDB, hope he shows his talent and has a good game.

I have to agree I think Jose gave him a chance and he sadly didn't show anything great to warrant a place over someone else. I hope he improves but I think he will be sold.

I hate all this b team nonsense, Mata and Luiz have won many trophies, top top players others team would be lucky to have them in their first team.

I'm sick and tired of all this euphoric Arsenal fans who thinks they will win all trophies this season,so i would be very happy and very thankful for our second team to win this match in front of ther fans in our first Wenger-Mourinho clash :rolleyes:

I'm sick and tired of all this euphoric Arsenal fans who thinks they will win all trophies this season,so i would be very happy and very thankful for our second team to win this match in front of ther fans in our first Wenger-Mourinho clash :rolleyes:

The only thing Arsenal may win are bags of French fries, distributed by Winger.

It would be a great improvement over last seasons

Everywhere I looked arsenal fans are thinking about some cups.

Somehow, not one of them care to admit, Arsenal played nobody from the top yet.

The CL game just showed them how vulnerable they were against Dortmund.

I wanna see Arsenal against Liverpool, Dortmund & manures. Then, we may judge them.

Mata will obviously start this one, but I really hope he does against Newcastle as well. I feel really bad seeing him on the sidelines. Kevin too. I'm sure he thought that this would be a breakout season for him.

The player I'm most looking forward to seeing if he indeed does start tomorrow is Essien. He looked like shades of his old self in preseason and hasn't got a look once this season. I honestly thought he'd have a pretty substantial role to play in our first team this year but I guess Jose doesn't see it that way. I'd still rather have him in there in the big games than Lamps if he could just get a run of games to get up to speed.

Everywhere I looked arsenal fans are thinking about some cups.

Somehow, not one of them care to admit, Arsenal played nobody from the top yet.

The CL game just showed them how vulnerable they were against Dortmund.

I wanna see Arsenal against Liverpool, Dortmund & manures. Then, we may judge them.

Same thing,I tried to explain mine friends who are Arsenal fans that they haven't any real challenge,not a single big game in EPL.They said they had Tottenham which is good team but you can't base your chance for winning EPL just because you beat Tottenham.This month will be very hard for them and I can see them on the 3rd place after that.

They have had a much weaker run so far. We have had harder games and even us playing them tomoz doesn't really count as I think Jose will rest a lot of players. We shall see but I would love love us to win the title this years, over anything else.

Same thing,I tried to explain mine friends who are Arsenal fans that they haven't any real challenge,not a single big game in EPL.They said they had Tottenham which is good team but you can't base your chance for winning EPL just because you beat Tottenham.This month will be very hard for them and I can see them on the 3rd place after that.

Well, since Arsenal dropped their 1st game, they have been playing well, but against whom ?

Did any of Arsenal fans expect them to lose against Crystal ?

As for the Spurs. I saw that game. The Spurs had chances, but did not convert again. The way I see the Spurs. They can not score goals. I mean, 9 goals scored in 9 games, is not much in my view.

I believe, the real deal arsenal will be seen, soon.

Arsenal will play a stronger side than the one they deployed in the last round but it still won't be their strongest XI considering the important games coming for them. For us, it's just a simple rotation.

Scwarzer

Azpi - Kalas - Luiz - Bertrand

Mikel - Essien

KDB - Mata - Willian

Eto'o

Kalas is the only one that might not get the start as we have no idea how he's been training. If so, we'd likely see Cahill then.

That side should be more than good enough to get a result, hell that'd be good enough for most of the PL matches as well.

Like Jose said, players win matches but squads win silverwares. As far as i know, they have no squad depth, atleast nothing with class.