Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

I doubt it, they have alot of players injured and a big game vs Liverpool on saturday. But you never know wenger might be desperate enough to end their throphy drought to risk it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I think will happen. There's plenty of time to rest between now and the weekend, so I think he'll field most of their best players.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's exactly what I think will happen. There's plenty of time to rest between now and the weekend, so I think he'll field most of their best players.

its not just the weekend though, is it? they have pool on saturday, dortmund on tuesday and united the next weekend. plus they have a major chunk of squad players like (podolski, walcott, aoc) injured or barely out of injury and in no state to start. playing with a strong XI will be suicidal and i wont mind because it would mean arsenal slipping in PL and CL.

its not just the weekend though, is it? they have pool on saturday, dortmund on tuesday and united the next weekend. plus they have a major chunk of squad players like (podolski, walcott, aoc) injured or barely out of injury and in no state to start. playing with a strong XI will be suicidal and i wont mind because it would mean arsenal slipping in PL and CL.

Very true. Win/win for us either way.

They play a good side and they risk injury or fatigue, play a weak side and we should sweep them aside.

Very true. Win/win for us either way.

They play a good side and they risk injury or fatigue, play a weak side and we should sweep them aside.

pretty much our case last year when united won and had to play another at SB for COC. we played about 5 first team players and pretty much lost our way on league after that.

Im actually like the League Cup, mainly because we have a chance to see players that aren't in favour or aren't playing too often.

I really hope Kalas start's tonight, been looking forward to seeing him play ever since it was confirmed he was staying, i said to my mate he could well jump up to 3rd choice by the end of this season.

This was Arsenal's team in the Carling Cup against City in 2011.

21 Fabianski
06 Koscielny
18 Squillaci
20 Djourou
49 Miquel (Vermaelen - 80' )
15 Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arshavin - 87' )
26 Frimpong
30 Benayoun
39 Coquelin
09 Park Chu-Young (Gervinho - 67' )
29 Chamakh

Substitutes
24 Mannone
05 Vermaelen
40 Eastmond
23 Arshavin
53 Ozyakup
56 Yennaris
27 Gervinho

At the time only Koscielny was a regular out of the players that started the match, might give a little clue into the kind off team Wenger is about to field.

Im actually like the League Cup, mainly because we have a chance to see players that aren't in favour or aren't playing too often.

I really hope Kalas start's tonight, been looking forward to seeing him play ever since it was confirmed he was staying, i said to my mate he could well jump up to 3rd choice by the end of this season.

i LOVE this trophy when we WIN IT

If we win this, what a fucking week it would be.

And if Arsenal win it, what a season it would be for them.

They'll look back at this season months from now and say, "sure, we finished 4th, but we beat Chelsea in the Carling Cup."

Im not too stressed for this. But stil, it's another chance for a prize.

The most interesting thing tonight is the performances of our attacking mids tonight, KDB must blow everything out of the water to earn a starting spot for saturday. Mata and Especially Willian have their golden opportunity to impress, the latter after following a good string of impact substitutions.

This is a big game for KDB. Both Willian and Schurrle haven't been particularly impressive so far. A good outing could force him back into the team.

Same applies to Essien and Mikel. Lampard has had a mediocre start to the season, his spot isn't looking too safe.