Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

We have an abundance of wingers and AM. No reason to put up a striker as a winger unless we are half way through a match and losing.

Considering Arsenal have the best defensive record going on for almost 18 months now, it's going to be difficult to break them. That is of course they field their same starting back line.

I would try to put pressure on their defence and have more options up top which will allow Mata to blossom.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Arsenal have the best defensive record going on for almost 18 months now, it's going to be difficult to break them. That is of course they field their same starting back line.

I would try to put pressure on their defence and have more options up top which will allow Mata to blossom.

Stats are very misleading, no matter how consistent that seems to be.

Having a lot of possession barely leads to conceding a lot of goals, but it doesn't mean you have a good defence. If anyone can give Arsenal a good kick up the arse it is us, we have the quality to really hurt them. They wont be able to contain us as easy as some people think they will.

Anyone who thinks either team will play anything short of a strong team is mistaken - I will be very surprised if either team plays a weakened side. Obviously there will be changes, but nothing wholesale.

arsenal have pool, bvb and united as their next 3 fixtures. i think their front 4 + full backs + ramsey will be rested.

as for us, i expect 11 changes. dont even see the point of playing any of the players who started today. we have a MASSIVE squad and if people dont get chances now, they never will.

i honestly think both the teams will play their B teams.

Stats are very misleading, no matter how consistent that seems to be.

Having a lot of possession barely leads to conceding a lot of goals, but it doesn't mean you have a good defence. If anyone can give Arsenal a good kick up the arse it is us, we have the quality to really hurt them. They wont be able to contain us as easy as some people think they will.

Hence me stating we should put pressure on their defenders so they don't have all the time in the world to distribute and lead a transition successfully. Demba Ba and Eto'o would both cause trouble for them as well as Mata's creativity. Many tend to overlook Eto's work rate, thankfully Mourinho doesn't

Anyone who thinks either team will play anything short of a strong team is mistaken - I will be very surprised if either team plays a weakened side. Obviously there will be changes, but nothing wholesale.

Can't expect players who started against City to play again after 1 day rest.

Our B team can easily finish in the top half of the table! That is insanely good.

It doesnt seem fair to describe players such as Mata, Etoo, Luiz and Willian as team B. They are just as good or even better than some of the players who played today. Your soo called B team players have won lots of competitions amongst themselves and most of them play for their national teams. Infact it is insulting to describe them as such

It doesnt seem fair to describe players such as Mata, Etoo, Luiz and Willian as team B. They are just as good or even better than some of the players who played today. Your soo called B team players have won lots of competitions amongst themselves and most of them play for their national teams. Infact it is insulting to describe them as such

I agree I hate when people say that about them, rey are FANTASTIC players really irrates me.

Think Jose will be desperate to win this so I think that Cech, Ramires, Torres, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Oscar and Ivanovic will all start. Maybe Hazard will, maybe not. Still see us going for a strong team since its against Arsenal and they will use a weakened team but with some starters as Wenger won't want to roll over.

Cech

----------------------------

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Cole

Ramires Mikel

Mata Oscar Willian

Torres

Think Jose will be desperate to win this so I think that Cech, Ramires, Torres, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Oscar and Ivanovic will all start. Maybe Hazard will, maybe not. Still see us going for a strong team since its against Arsenal and they will use a weakened team but with some starters as Wenger won't want to roll over.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Cole

Ramires Mikel

Mata Oscar Willian

Torres

I kind of agree I would like to see a strong team and a good win, that would really show we mean buisness

Realistically, our second team should definitely be able to do the job over a second string Arsenal. Arsenal have Liverpool over the weekend, and definitely won't be fielding their strongest team, so I feel we should take this opportunity to rest players as well.

My team would be:

Schwarzer

Azpilicueta Cahill Luiz Bertrand

Essien Mikel

KDB Mata Willian

Ba

That team should definitely be able to do the job over a second string Arsenal. Maybe the likes of Omeruo, Kalas, Baker etc. can get some game time too, we'll see.

I'm optimistically expecting a win though. Should be a good game, and if we do win we'll have that slight psychological boost over the Gunners. Really looking forward to this game.

i was waiting so dearly was this thread. we have to bloody murder those arse-anals. dont think wenger would be stupid enough to play his youth side against the likes of mata, kdb, willian etc, specially since 2 of those 3 plus ba/etoo have so much to prove to mourinho.

the line up is pretty much decided according to me

schwarzer

azpi kalas luiz bert

mikel essien

willian mata kdb

ba/etoo

they ll probably line-up like

viviano

jenkinson ? ? monreal

wilshere-flamini-frimpong

walcott-bendtner-podolski

decent team but we have to win this. no other way around it. and with the quality we have in the team that would start, we should be winning this.

Pretty much decided? I can guarantee you Kalas won't start, most likely doesn't even have the chance to play. The same applies to Schwarzer and Essien. Agree with the rest though.