OneMoSalah

Would rather have him than fabregas IMO.

More mobile, better set-piece taker, corner kick king, younger and cheaper wages than fabregas.

And more importantly can put in a tackle in midfield.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would rather have him than fabregas IMO.

More mobile, better set-piece taker, corner kick king, younger and cheaper wages than fabregas.

And more importantly can put in a tackle in midfield.

Also more expensive I imagine.

Also more expensive I imagine.

Worth it imo, he would add 10 goals to our centerbacks.

Imagine if john terry scored from one corner against crystal palace, newcastle away, westham, norwich, we would have won the title if we had what Gerrard was doing for skrtel and liverpool in corners.

Its great that we are seriously interested in both Koke and Cesc...it will force Barca and Atletico to not have all the power as we have several options. If the reports are true.

Not too sure, few days ago; 100 rumours about Pogba, then quiet, now Cesc and Koke...maybe media just doesnt have clue and linking us to everyone...

But with all the money we have now, Jose could buy like 4/5 world class players if he wants...

I think Chelsea might be in a better negotiation-position than we think.

We are currently bidding for three of their players and own a fourth one. I do not know whether Tiago has other options, but I have not heard of anyone else being after F.Luis, and we do own Courtois who would like to stay at Atletico until he is no1 at Chelsea.

That means that if we go all the way with this Atletico has to replace four players at the very least, and Barcelona could still use the buyout clause and get Koke.
If I was in the Chelsea board I would use this to my advantage. I would offer to withdraw my bids for Luis and Tiago (after all, CFC can replace them easier than Atletico can) and offer Courtois for another season (provided he signs a new contract) if we can get Koke for £35-40m while they do not negotiate with Barcelona for a lower fee than the buyout. This would offer the option of getting around anti-competitive laws by claiming that the difference is the Courtois-fee.

This would actually be a strong argument for Atletico, as instead of potentially losing five players, they would lose two (Koke & Costa). They would also not see Koke play against them and help strengthen Barcelona (think of Modric-gate). I know what I would prefer.

Of course, it is just speculation on my behalf and might be a completely stupid way of thinking, but IF Koke is our first choice, then there is no reason to withdraw the claws and settle for second choice Fabregas (even though that too would be an excellent transfer).

I'm sure it's going to be one or the other. I don't see where both would fit, especially if we're going to pay £30m per player. Koke will probably be preferred but his Barcelona preference is well known.

It's quite funny then because Barca signing him is reported on being hinged on us signing Cesc and we want both :lol:

It is worth pointing out that The Times have joined the Fabregas and Koke bandwagon (and they are very reliable in my experience).
It seems clear that Jose sees Koke as preferable, but that Barca could stand in the way.
I think we will only complete the transfer of Fabregas once it is clear that Koke is out of our reach, but it is encouraging that the club is trying to get him.

Fabregas would add heaps of creativity, but Koke would add that plus his high energy and defensive contribution. Perfect transfer.

Koke has always been immense whenever I've watched him; but I simply cannot see us signing four of there best players. Haha!

I'd take Koke and Costa, then maybe go for Moreno rather than Luis and give them Courtois back for a year.

The media knows that we are in for a defensive midfielder so they will link us with all the top possible options. The fact that Lampard and Luiz (who often played midfield for us) have left only intensifies this rumour so we shouldn't get excited on one rumour only.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You