OneMoSalah

Why do people want to play Koke in the central midfield when he has spent nearly his whole career on the flanks? Sure he could easily be a CM but I wouldn't be opposed to him taking up the RW position.

Didn't realise he played on the RW. I think he should be our number one target now that Reus is gone. Absolute jet.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realise he played on the RW. I think he should be our number one target now that Reus is gone. Absolute jet.

This season however, he has been spending time on the LW. So he can play CM, DM, CAM and both wing positions. I guess he is like David Beckham in the sense he is a wide midfielder? That might be a decent description.

Good to see more Aussies.

He was LW because he can press, defend and attack, also he has an amazing pass. That doesn't mean he is a winger though far from it, he was more of a left center mid and his best position is cm.

This.

Different leagues being different environments.

Mata was quality as a LW at Valencia but outmuscled and excluded with his time with us.

This.

Different leagues being different environments.

Mata was quality as a LW at Valencia but outmuscled and excluded with his time with us.

However, Koke is not Mata and the rationale behind Mata's failure as a winger in the Premier Leaugue should not be applied to Koke. From a purely physical perspective Koke (178cm) is 8cm taller than Mata (170cm) and 12kg heavier, 73kg and 61kg respectively.

I wanted Koke ahead of Fabregas when both were heavily rumored to come, even though I would happily take either back then.

With the success that Fabregas have had so far its hard to really force some tears over missing Koke, but I still think that he is a fascinating player.
His creativity is not as good as Fabregas's, but he makes up for it with being a very dynamic, defensively solid and able to do well in several positions (enabling him to stay relevant in more than one formation).

My dream centre midfield was Koke and Matic slightly deeper with Pogba as the forward one in a 4-3-3 (absolutely perfect combination of solidity, muscle, technique, creativity and threat forward), but with Fabregas here it is no longer possible.
I still think however that a midfield with Koke, Fabregas and Matic would be highly viable (with Matic and Fabregas as they are now and Koke as the more forward one, essentially replacing Oscar in a 4-3-3). Oscar has been excellent this season, so there is no need to rush it, but having four world-class players for three positions is not too much.

Yes he would be very expensive, but Chelsea are approaching a point where they have excellent depth in most departments (CB might need some looking into though) and would benefit from adding quality rather than quantity (and Liverpool/Spurs have shown how much value you get from several kind of good players over few really good). Add to that our excellent financial position right now and buying Koke does not seem like a pipe dream.

Still, he should not be a priority, I would hold CB and RW as positions needing reinforcing earlier. There is also the situation of a few promising youngsters who if given the chance might turn out to be right for the role Koke would have (RLC especially).

He was LW because he can press, defend and attack, also he has an amazing pass. That doesn't mean he is a winger though far from it, he was more of a left center mid and his best position is cm.

But if he can play there effectively whats it matter?

Because for one we dont use a central left or right midfielder. For two he is way better in the CM position, why would we buy such a promising classy player to play him out of position. And three, why not buy an actual winger?

Because for one we dont use a central left or right midfielder. For two he is way better in the CM position, why would we buy such a promising classy player to play him out of position. And three, why not buy an actual winger?

But if he has played on the wing for the last 2 years, and Atletico has been super successful how do you know he is way better at CM?

But if he has played on the wing for the last 2 years, and Atletico has been super successful how do you know he is way better at CM?

Because as I have said he played as a central player on the left. He didn't run down the left and whip a ball in or dribble past someone in the box and score, he played deeper and more central to support the midfield and allow Luis to overlap. You musn't of seen Koke before, he has been a CM his whole life, plays it for Spain as well, buying him as a winger would be one of the most retarded things I have seen.

Because as I have said he played as a central player on the left. He didn't run down the left and whip a ball in or dribble past someone in the box and score, he played deeper and more central to support the midfield and allow Luis to overlap. You musn't of seen Koke before, he has been a CM his whole life, plays it for Spain as well, buying him as a winger would be one of the most retarded things I have seen.

Fair enough

He played/ plays left midfielder. Not left winger / left attacking midfield. A position we never have.

I bet he could play any midfield role for us. I see no obvious weakness in him

It's essentially (read: exactly) the same thing. It's only really different on FIFA and Football Manager...

Thank you. Couldn't believe some would want to buy Koke here to play on the RW...

It's the same as wanting to drop Oscar to play CM... Just because a player executes well his secondary job it doesn't mean he could be deployed in a position where that specific job would be his main duty. You take away their surplus and risk then not being good enough to perform said duty full time... lose-lose situation imo

4-4--2

-----------Costa-------

----------Hazard------

Koke--------------------Oscar

--------Cesc-Matic-------

How I would accommodate Koke if somehow he was signed

The singing is extremely unrealistic and unlikely though

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You