OneMoSalah

He can play in multiple positions. On the wing, in a holding role, box to box. He's amazing.

Because he's good?

He will cost 40mil to basically sit on the bench. Of we hadn't bought cesc, he would have been an awesome buy. What we need is a pacy RW not anotger play maker as a winger.

He is amazing but not needed.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Origi is starting over Lukaku for belgium..... But, yea, I didnt watch the euro games...

How will shaw go on to become one of the best left backs in the world? They still have alaba, bernat, the kid from valencia, erik durm, etc.. And these are all the kids u23 kids.....

Sterling, like Lukaku was given the freedom on a team, therefore people predicted him to be the best young player in the world. Similar to lukaku, who I remember everyone saying was the best young striker in the world....

However, if you look at england, how many times have you seen this before? Kyle walker went from being the best young full back to disappearing from the world. Micah richards was everyone's choice of being england's next best thing. Even Joe hart, was suppose to be the great goalkeeper, yet has been on a deline for the past 2 seasons...

Two things you have to remember about those 2 prospects.... Everton and Liverpool didnt have expectations, especially the ambitions that chelsea had. If they were playing in europa this season, Im sure they would of been content with that. Now, liverpool and everton both have expectations and now both are under scrutiny quite a bit for not leading them as they did the season prior.

Look at southampton, the team everyone thought that would be fighting relegation, is 2nd place...

Sakho started over varane for france in WC. that makes him better?

I said one of the best and when you are already comparing him with the likes of alaba, that kinda proves that he is a very good player. Also u think durm is better than shaw? Have u seen bvb in the league? Shambolic defensively.

Liverpool not having any expectation has nothing to do with this. Sterling has still been there best player. Heads and shoulders above all the others. He was england's best player in the WC by a mile. Kyle walker and joe hart dint have RM looking at thw m. English media overhypes each and wvery young player, but stwrling is a gem. If your only argument against hin is that the others too were overrated and that he is a player on the same level as kyle walker then I can't help you.

Also, sterling is under scrutint playing for a team that is curently missing 50+ goals from the previous season, are still playing gerrard as DM, have replaced suarez with lambert and balo and have a laughable defence and is yet able to put in good performances. I mean pool lost 2-1 to us, but how was sterling on the day? I think he was very good. There onlt threat.

If we buy Koke, that means Oscar will most likely be sacrificed, unless we can somehow work him onto the right. I love Oscar this season, but thinking about the balance, ball retention, dominance, class a midfield of Koke, Fab and Matic would offer.. oooh damn. Also 4-3-3 is my favourite formation, and Koke would help us get the best out of Cesc.

If we got Koke, what would heppen to Oscar?

Sakho started over varane for france in WC. that makes him better?

I said one of the best and when you are already comparing him with the likes of alaba, that kinda proves that he is a very good player. Also u think durm is better than shaw? Have u seen bvb in the league? Shambolic defensively.

Liverpool not having any expectation has nothing to do with this. Sterling has still been there best player. Heads and shoulders above all the others. He was england's best player in the WC by a mile. Kyle walker and joe hart dint have RM looking at thw m. English media overhypes each and wvery young player, but stwrling is a gem. If your only argument against hin is that the others too were overrated and that he is a player on the same level as kyle walker then I can't help you.

Also, sterling is under scrutint playing for a team that is curently missing 50+ goals from the previous season, are still playing gerrard as DM, have replaced suarez with lambert and balo and have a laughable defence and is yet able to put in good performances. I mean pool lost 2-1 to us, but how was sterling on the day? I think he was very good. There onlt threat.

Have you seen manchester united in the league??

Also, sterling wasnt liverpools best player last year and this season their whole team sucks, including sterling. Also, kyle walker had chelsea, real madrid, etc look at him, maybe you were unaware of this. Joe hart i dont remember if he did...

Chelsea had fernado torres and started lampard in the pivot... They also reinvested the suarez money in balo, markovic, lambert, moreno, emre can, manquillo, lovren, lallana, etc....

Sterling is a pacewhore playing in a offensive gunho team with 0 balance and 0 regard to defense... If sterling can do the same in england, than i will admit to sterling being a great prospect... Similar to daniel, playing on england, whose 3 goals from relevant games are this...

A goal in the 8-0 game against san marino

A pk.

A tap in.

The way Liverpool play, their should be an asterik on people's stats.

If we buy Koke, that means Oscar will most likely be sacrificed, unless we can somehow work him onto the right. I love Oscar this season, but thinking about the balance, ball retention, dominance, class a midfield of Koke, Fab and Matic would offer.. oooh damn. Also 4-3-3 is my favourite formation, and Koke would help us get the best out of Cesc.

Oscar would start and cesc would get dropped..

Koke could take cesc set peice and longball responsibilities and is more athletic. Koke's crossing ability is pretty good too.

Have you seen manchester united in the league??

Also, sterling wasnt liverpools best player last year and this season their whole team sucks, including sterling. Also, kyle walker had chelsea, real madrid, etc look at him, maybe you were unaware of this. Joe hart i dont remember if he did...

Chelsea had fernado torres and started lampard in the pivot... They also reinvested the suarez money in balo, markovic, lambert, moreno, emre can, manquillo, lovren, lallana, etc....

Sterling is a pacewhore playing in a offensive gunho team with 0 balance and 0 regard to defense... If sterling can do the same in england, than i will admit to sterling being a great prospect... Similar to daniel, playing on england, whose 3 goals from relevant games are this...

A goal in the 8-0 game against san marino

A pk.

A tap in.

The way Liverpool play, their should be an asterik on people's stats.

so now we are comparing a defence of hummels, piszcek and subotic/papawhatever to blacket, mcnair, rojo and even the likes of smalling and evans.

well, if you think sterling has "sucked" this season, then we should not have anymore debate. everyone here must be an idiot to think otherwise.

is investing the suarez money into players like lambert, balo and can, markovic, etc etc etc supposed to be a point in your favor or mine. YOU CANT REPLACE A WORLD CLASS PLAYER WHO SCORED 31 LEAGUE GOALS BY BUYING A BUNCH OF AVERAGE PLAYERS. spurs made that mistake and now pool have made the same mistake.

so by your definition, CR and bale should also be called "pacewhores". sterling did do the same for england. read what pirlo said about him after the italy game. it was not his fault that england are a shit team and gerrard forgot that suarez was playing on the other team.

no one is talking about stats here. people are talking about sterling the player. and he without a doubt is one of the best prospects in the footballing world.

rotation/ change of formation / change of position.

so now we are comparing a defence of hummels, piszcek and subotic/papawhatever to blacket, mcnair, rojo and even the likes of smalling and evans.

well, if you think sterling has "sucked" this season, then we should not have anymore debate. everyone here must be an idiot to think otherwise.

is investing the suarez money into players like lambert, balo and can, markovic, etc etc etc supposed to be a point in your favor or mine. YOU CANT REPLACE A WORLD CLASS PLAYER WHO SCORED 31 LEAGUE GOALS BY BUYING A BUNCH OF AVERAGE PLAYERS. spurs made that mistake and now pool have made the same mistake.

so by your definition, CR and bale should also be called "pacewhores". sterling did do the same for england. read what pirlo said about him after the italy game. it was not his fault that england are a shit team and gerrard forgot that suarez was playing on the other team.

no one is talking about stats here. people are talking about sterling the player. and he without a doubt is one of the best prospects in the footballing world.

Hummels has been in and out of the team this year due to injuries. And the game wheres hummels started, they lost from what I recalled.. Subotic has been terrible this season.

Liverpool has been overrated imo and everyone on that squad. It was last year that people actually thought Mignolet should replace thibo as belgium's number 1.... Also, balotellis isnt an average player. He just was a bad fit for the liverpool squad. Chelsea was linked to markovic and moreno and manquillo are both highly rated in Spain. Spurs were i think 3 points from what they were with the season with bale vs last season. So, essentially, the spurs did replace bale effectively. Difference was that they had coaching stablity with bale and fired avb when he left.

cr7 was a pacewhore.. Now hes just athletically better than everyone.... cr7 isnt a techincal player. His shot are based on power, not technique. Bale as well, but bale can cross it extremely well with brilliant fks... Pirlo is Nike. Sterling is Nike. People within the same companies say good things about each other... Its called marketing. Sterling is part of england new face and england national team is probably the biggest team in the world in terms of media coverage... Sterling needs to do well for England as does daniel... Until than, its liverpool and rodgers all out offense that is the primary reason...

Hummels has been in and out of the team this year due to injuries. And the game wheres hummels started, they lost from what I recalled.. Subotic has been terrible this season.

Liverpool has been overrated imo and everyone on that squad. It was last year that people actually thought Mignolet should replace thibo as belgium's number 1.... Also, balotellis isnt an average player. He just was a bad fit for the liverpool squad. Chelsea was linked to markovic and moreno and manquillo are both highly rated in Spain. Spurs were i think 3 points from what they were with the season with bale vs last season. So, essentially, the spurs did replace bale effectively. Difference was that they had coaching stablity with bale and fired avb when he left.

hummels has been in and out, subotic has not been better, and yet you are judging durm on exactly what? FIFA?

i dont know who u talk to, but 99.99% of people saw mignolet for who he was. a good shot stopper but terrible at cross handling. balo is not a bad player, but he is no where near a WC player. if not for his "antics" he would have been a nothing by now. we were linked with markovic and yet we bought salah, goes on to tell his class. moreno has shown on multiple occasions how circumspect he can be defensively. if you actually saw spurs, u would not say they replaced bale well. infact replacing is not only for a season. the impact of the buys last for a longer time. look at them now. they are a mess. and mainly that is cos of their terrible buys.

cr7 was a pacewhore.. Now hes just athletically better than everyone.... cr7 isnt a techincal player. His shot are based on power, not technique. Bale as well, but bale can cross it extremely well with brilliant fks... Pirlo is Nike. Sterling is Nike. People within the same companies say good things about each other... Its called marketing. Sterling is part of england new face and england national team is probably the biggest team in the world in terms of media coverage... Sterling needs to do well for England as does daniel... Until than, its liverpool and rodgers all out offense that is the primary reason...

:lol:. no comments.

hummels has been in and out, subotic has not been better, and yet you are judging durm on exactly what? FIFA?

i dont know who u talk to, but 99.99% of people saw mignolet for who he was. a good shot stopper but terrible at cross handling. balo is not a bad player, but he is no where near a WC player. if not for his "antics" he would have been a nothing by now. we were linked with markovic and yet we bought salah, goes on to tell his class. moreno has shown on multiple occasions how circumspect he can be defensively. if you actually saw spurs, u would not say they replaced bale well. infact replacing is not only for a season. the impact of the buys last for a longer time. look at them now. they are a mess. and mainly that is cos of their terrible buys.

:lol:. no comments.

Durm has been one of the only bright spots for dortmund this season and last seaon he was good...

Actually, a lot of folks thought mignolet was on par or better than thibo... Especially during liverpools run, they're were a ton of folks that sait it... Balotelli has all the tools to be world class, except his head.. If not for his antics, he would of been the best young CF in the world, which he essentially is still...

Chelsea was linked to Neymar and instead bought schurrle...........It goes on to tell class.

The spurs finished one game lower than the season prior with a manager that got fired... SO, they did replace bale. This season they have a new manager.

Also, Liverpool was a one season wonder. What have they done recently besides last season and look at them this season...

Durm has been one of the only bright spots for dortmund this season and last seaon he was good...

Actually, a lot of folks thought mignolet was on par or better than thibo... Especially during liverpools run, they're were a ton of folks that sait it... Balotelli has all the tools to be world class, except his head.. If not for his antics, he would of been the best young CF in the world, which he essentially is still...

Chelsea was linked to Neymar and instead bought schurrle...........It goes on to tell class.

The spurs finished one game lower than the season prior with a manager that got fired... SO, they did replace bale. This season they have a new manager.

Also, Liverpool was a one season wonder. What have they done recently besides last season and look at them this season...

We wanted to buy neymar and we bought hazard. Get your facts right. During the season in which neymar went to barca, we wete not even in the race. Also, please don't say such poor arguments.

If spurs replaced bale effectively, I feel they should still be improving. But rather, thwy have had their manager fired, the second one on its way and in a total mess, don't know how u think they have replaced bale effectivwly.

Balo the best young CF in thw world. Another no comments here. From a CL winning inter to a PL winning city to a dwindling ac to the current pool. Definitely the best yiung CF in the world.

Who the hell cares if pool is a one season wonder or a bunch of world xlass players playinf together. Did I say anything about pool. Why do u feel the need to bring then up. The point is about sterlinf the player. Who without a shred of doubt is one of the best prospects in the world.

We wanted to buy neymar and we bought hazard. Get your facts right. During the season in which neymar went to barca, we wete not even in the race. Also, please don't say such poor arguments.

If spurs replaced bale effectively, I feel they should still be improving. But rather, thwy have had their manager fired, the second one on its way and in a total mess, don't know how u think they have replaced bale effectivwly.

Balo the best young CF in thw world. Another no comments here. From a CL winning inter to a PL winning city to a dwindling ac to the current pool. Definitely the best yiung CF in the world.

Who the hell cares if pool is a one season wonder or a bunch of world xlass players playinf together. Did I say anything about pool. Why do u feel the need to bring then up. The point is about sterlinf the player. Who without a shred of doubt is one of the best prospects in the world.

Neymar was bought by barcelona the season after..... So, you need to get your facts right......Also, it was in 2010, Neymar and company rejected chelsea's bid... Please dont say such poor arguments...

If Liverpool and sterling was really good, I feel they should still be improving.. But rather, they have a a FIRED BRENDON RODGERS campaign going on, the second one on its way and in a total mess. Dont think you know what improving means...

Sterling is the best young player in the world. No comments here. From winning 2nd place at liverpool to 11th place currently. Definitely, the best young player in the world. Just like lukaku and shaw was...

Oscar would start and cesc would get dropped..

Koke could take cesc set peice and longball responsibilities and is more athletic. Koke's crossing ability is pretty good too.

Are you drunk? Jose loves Cesc and that would never happen, he is way too important.

Neymar was bought by barcelona the season after..... So, you need to get your facts right......Also, it was in 2010, Neymar and company rejected chelsea's bid... Please dont say such poor arguments...

If Liverpool and sterling was really good, I feel they should still be improving.. But rather, they have a a FIRED BRENDON RODGERS campaign going on, the second one on its way and in a total mess. Dont think you know what improving means...

Sterling is the best young player in the world. No comments here. From winning 2nd place at liverpool to 11th place currently. Definitely, the best young player in the world. Just like lukaku and shaw was...

neymar was warned by pele to not join chelsea when we were looking to buy him in 2012, and then we bought hazard. show me a single link where we were in the race to buy neymar for 80+mil. like i said, get your facts right. schurrle did not replace neymar. those were 2 completely different transfers in different windows. atleast know what u r speaking of.

so messi should join stoke and win the PL? i am not comparing messi and sterling here but your stupid argument makes no sense. i dont care how good pool is. I AM SAYING THEY ARE A PIECE OF SHIT!!! but expecting a 19 year old to make up for a WC player like suarez and a very good striker like sturridge is right on idiotic. even then, sterling has been there best player by a mile.

oh dear god!!!! what has pool's 11th place got to do with how good sterling is? u know what, forget it. not worth it!!!

neymar was warned by pele to not join chelsea when we were looking to buy him in 2012, and then we bought hazard. show me a single link where we were in the race to buy neymar for 80+mil. like i said, get your facts right. schurrle did not replace neymar. those were 2 completely different transfers in different windows. atleast know what u r speaking of.

so messi should join stoke and win the PL? i am not comparing messi and sterling here but your stupid argument makes no sense. i dont care how good pool is. I AM SAYING THEY ARE A PIECE OF SHIT!!! but expecting a 19 year old to make up for a WC player like suarez and a very good striker like sturridge is right on idiotic. even then, sterling has been there best player by a mile.

oh dear god!!!! what has pool's 11th place got to do with how good sterling is? u know what, forget it. not worth it!!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/9364742/transfer-news-neymar-reveals-he-snubbed-huge-chelsea-move-in-2010

"It was August 23, 2010. My father and I had a meeting with president Luis Alvaro at the Santos headquarters inside the Vila Belmiro. Chelsea had made a huge transfer bid," he wrote.

Get your facts straight.....

I'll tell you that Sterling won't become as good as people say, but that doesn't mean he isn't a talent. I get what Nike is saying, if Sterling is such a good player why isn't he guiding his team or at least affecting the scores? On the other hand, he is onyl 19, I don't know many 19 year olds who are able to lead a 11th team back to the top four in the premier league, pretty much mission impossible at that age.

I'll tell you that Sterling won't become as good as people say, but that doesn't mean he isn't a talent. I get what Nike is saying, if Sterling is such a good player why isn't he guiding his team or at least affecting the scores? On the other hand, he is onyl 19, I don't know many 19 year olds who are able to lead a 11th team back to the top four in the premier league, pretty much mission impossible at that age.

exactly...

The fact people label him the best youngster is what bothers me. I already said he has good pace and dribbling ability. However, at liverpool he was able to showcase everything, however, other youngsters dont have that opportunity because of different reasons...

People make it seems that Liverpool is a shit team outside of Suarez and daniel, when in reality their team is probably 4 best in england (after city, chelsea, arsenal, maybe united as well) player wise...

its the same bs i heard with lukaku and shaw..

You could say the same exact thing about Hazard. Thing is, because Sterling doesn't have a striker to deliver to, he can't affect the game with goals or assists, so his performances tend to go unnoticed.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You