OneMoSalah

We can play Koke at Chelsea like Barcelona does.

If you see Barcelona lineup they had Iniesta, Busquet and Raquitic in the 3.

Our 3 are not as great but a 3 of Koke, Matic and Fabregas might be good.

And then have an upfront of 3 with Costa, Hazard and whoever else.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bamford ;)

Yes. They are similar, but perhaps Fabregas is more offensive and capable of giving the last pass, and Koke is a more specific player midfield, with more capacity for sacrifice in working for the team and able to play in the sides.

But both are able to organize the team game.

Fabregas is a number 10 and Koke is a midfielder. But it is true that they have many similar characteristics

For me would be a pleasure to have both with us.

Regards.

Hi friend!

Totally agree with you.

We can play like Barcelona. At the beginning of the season we made a game like them. It's time to take one more step.

Barcelona with Guardiola.

Busquets

Xavi Iniesta

Messi Henry

Etoo

Barcelona now.

Busquets

Rakitic Iniesta

Messi Neymar

Suarez

Chelsea with Koke.

Matic

Fabregas Koke

Messi (hopefully) Hazard

Diego Costa

Regards,

Hi friend!

Totally agree with you.

We can play like Barcelona. At the beginning of the season we made a game like them. It's time to take one more step.

Busquets

Xavi Iniesta

Messi Henry

Etoo

Barcelona now.

Busquets

Rakitic Iniesta

Messi Neymar

Suarez

Chelsea with Koke.

Matic

Fabregas Koke

Messi (hopefully) Hazard

Diego Costa

Regards,

Is Koke like Xavi Alonso?

Because I think Mourinho was aiming for something similar at Real Madrid with Xavi Alonso and Modric in the mid.

I believe he also wanted to get Matic to play in the mid, so he would have had a mid of

Matic

Xavi Alonso and Modic.

If that was his intention at Madrid, then I see a high probablity that he would try to do the same here.

Fabregas like Modric and Koke like Xavi Alonso?

Is Koke like Xavi Alonso?

Because I think Mourinho was aiming for something similar at Real Madrid with Xavi Alonso and Modric in the mid.

I believe he also wanted to get Matic to play in the mid, so he would have had a mid of

Matic

Xavi Alonso and Modic.

If that was his intention at Madrid, then I see a high probablity that he would try to do the same here.

Fabregas like Modric and Koke like Xavi Alonso?

Hi!

I think Matic is more like Alonso than Koke.

But with Spain Xabi Alonso had a role very similar to Koke. They are similar, although I prefer to compare Koke with Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona).

Jose was using Alonso in his last season at Real Madrid as a defensive midfielder with Modric as organizer of the team. With Ozil as number 10.

I think it would be more or less so:

Matic as Xabi Alonso.

Koke as Modric.

Fabregas as Ozil.

And Khedira had a similar role with Mikel and Ramires.

In my opinion, Koke is the natural successor to Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona). I think Koke is much like Xavi Hernandez. A player able to perfectly organize his team but with a great capacity for work and sacrifice for the team...

But in the first and second season at Real Madrid, without Modric, Jose use Alonso in a similar role to that would have Koke with us:

Matic as Khedira.

Koke as Alonso.

Fabregas as Ozil.

In this case Koke would have a similar role as Alonso. He has many similar characteristics with Alonso as the long pass, work, ability to organize ... But I think Koke is more like Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona) than Xabi Alonso (Bayern).

Regards.

Perhaps the best characteristic of Koke is his great ability to give fast passes and increase the speed of the movement of the ball. So I think it's more like Xavi Hernandez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehDvxSOEgEg

true. but considering how much rest of our midfielders dwell on the ball, i dont feel he would be as effective. hazard, cesc, matic, none are good at one touch passing or fast passes.

Honestly, Koke looked like a better version of Cesc everytime I watch him play and plays in the Cesc role.

Not sure how well a koke cesc midfield would look like, but I don't think you can add cesc's stats this year and koke''s stats at atletico as reasonable output numbers if they were to be on the same team..

Koke is nothing like Cesc. Koke is a runner, a midfield dynamo. Cesc is a playmaker, laid back. Koke has a mean right foot when it comes to whipping in crosses and taking (indirect) set-pieces, the main source of his chance creation and assists, but he's no playmaker. Maybe he can develop into one. He does possess good passing technique, but the question is whether he possesses the vision.

If anything, Koke is Oscar on steroids.

Hi friend!

Totally agree with you.

Busquets

Xavi Iniesta

Messi Henry

Etoo

Barcelona now.

Busquets

Rakitic Iniesta

Messi Neymar

Suarez

Chelsea with Koke.

Matic

Fabregas Koke

Messi (hopefully) Hazard

Diego Costa

Regards,

Completely possible. The only thing I can't see is getting Koke AND Messi here. I think that Koke would cost £35m+ at least for us. I don't know of his release clause. But if CFC work their transfer magic and we offload Oscar and Willian at the right price maybe we could...

To make such a system work we would, however, need a more dynamic winger than Willian, especially since we would be switching from counter attacking football (which needs workhorses) to more passing, possession based football. Moreso even than Arsenal. Reus is an option. IF Real sell, maybe Bale, if Alexis wants to move on then we could be a prime destination for him, or if Mata has the aptitude to be a winger. I think, though, in the system you mentioned - we would need a world class backup for Matic, considering he would be providing almost all the midfield stability as that sweeper, until Ake matures. Maybe an older player, who still has it in him, or if Zouma grows into the position, then we won't have to. I think RLC could be the Cesc/Koke backup maybe/maybe not with Ramires. I don't know.

Our defence needs rejuvenation. Cahill needs to go, he's simply not quick enough. Iva will become more of a squad player, Azpi-Luis will be the main fullbacks with Iva a CB/RB backup. JT will need a replacement around 2016/17 too. I think Kalas needs to return from his loan, and maybe a new CB in John Stones or Varane here, especially JS because he is HG. In my mind, Cech, Iva, and Fabregas will be our captains in the coming seasons when JT goes to the technical team. Simply because a quick defence is key to a high line and therefore attacking football. (*unless Iva really is wanted by PSG or RM and they give us some ridiculous money for him)

Ideal squad for this:

GKs: Courtois, Cech, Blackman

DF: Azpi, Luis, JT, Zouma, JS/Varane, Iva, Kalas

MID: Koke, Cesc, Ake, Matic, RLC, Ramires/(loanee)

FWD: Messi/Reus/etc.., Diego, Bamford, Hazard, Luis (as a winger)

true. but considering how much rest of our midfielders dwell on the ball, i dont feel he would be as effective. hazard, cesc, matic, none are good at one touch passing or fast passes.

Hi friend!

I think that precisely for this reason we must signing Koke. Right now we have only Fabregas as a player that can play fast and can organize our game. But when Fabregas has a bad day we suffer too much.

If we manage to sign Koke we could better control parties and defend attacking with the ball.

So I prefer Koke than Pogba. Pogba is more of the same and although it is a huge player, he would not bring us good distribution of balloon.

Our primary deficit this season has been our problem to master certain matches. With Fabregas - Koke is easier to master the matches than Fabregas - Pogba.

Regards.

Koke is nothing like Cesc. Koke is a runner, a midfield dynamo. Cesc is a playmaker, laid back. Koke has a mean right foot when it comes to whipping in crosses and taking (indirect) set-pieces, the main source of his chance creation and assists, but he's no playmaker. Maybe he can develop into one. He does possess good passing technique, but the question is whether he possesses the vision.

If anything, Koke is Oscar on steroids.

Both koke and cesc are set piece pros. Koke is a playmaker as much as Cesc is. Cesc needs space, Koke not as much as Cesc. Koke can make the pass and has brilliant vision as well.

However, you got it wrong. Koke is Cesc on steroids, not Oscar.

People want a Koke-Cesc-matic duo, but if Koke comes here, there is a good chance Cesc will get dropped in all the big games, like how people say Oscar gets dropped in the big games and Jose go into a ramires-matic-koke midfield.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You