Schalke v Chelsea

Jase

------------------------Cech--------------------------

Azpi-----------Terry------------Luiz------Bertrand

----------------Mikel------------Ramires------------

Schurrle-------------Oscar------------------Hazard

------------------------Eto'o---------------------------

SUBS: Schwarzer, Cahill, Ivanovic, Lampard, Mata, KDB or Willian, Ba.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------------Cech--------------------------

Azpi-----------Terry------------Luiz------Bertrand

----------------Mikel------------Ramires------------

Schurrle-------------Oscar------------------Hazard

------------------------Eto'o---------------------------

SUBS: Schwarzer, Cahill, Ivanovic, Lampard, Mata, KDB or Willian, Ba.

No torres even on the bench? come on :blink:

Big game tomorrow night! Hoping for a sneaky win here.

I'd go with:

Cech

Azpi Cahill Terry Bertrand

Ramires Lamps

De Bruyne Oscar Schurrle

Torres

I'd like to see us take advantage of the Bundesliga experience we have in the squad with Schurrle (if fit to start) and De Bruyne (who should be ready to prove himself on the big stage). I picked Torres over Eto'o because I think we could do with his new found work ethic, making sure the defenders don't get too much peace. I also always think we look stronger with Cahill and JT especially away from home. Azpi comes in for a bit more attacking impetus on the right hand side.

COME ON CHELSEA!

Prediction: 1-0 Scorer: Oscar our Champions League hero!

My take on it:

The less I see of Cahill in a Chelsea shirt the better

It's too big a step up for KDB, from being sixth choice to starting in a crucial Champions League game, we'll have Schurrle as our Bundesliga expert, that should suffice. Any of Hazard, Willian or Mata should start for their quality and CL experience.

No torres even on the bench? come on :blink:

Eto'o is the best out of the 3 forward's tactically and away in the CL, a lot comes down to tactics, while Ba and Torres is like head or tails at the moment. I choose Ba because Felipe Santana is the kind of player that would gobble Torres up and spit him out.

I totally disagree, i am not sure i could even pick which is best, they have all been pretty terrible, i would hope they do improve though. It hardly ever happens but i would play Torres and Eto'o together.

I totally disagree, i am not sure i could even pick which is best, they have all been pretty terrible, i would hope they do improve though. It hardly ever happens but i would play Torres and Eto'o together.

Whenever i saw Santana play for Dortmund he was a menace who wouldn't give the attackers a moment peace, just the kind of player that makes Torres hide in matches.

I doubt we will see them play together unless we have a stupid injury crisis at attacking midfield, and even then they won't both be up front, Eto'o will probably drop back to the right were he mainly played for Inter.