Schalke v Chelsea

Jase

ivanovic looked out-of-sorts yesterday. Mourinho should realize that it's time to give Azpi a game. He can do more than just League Cup appearances

I doubt Mourinho is suddenly just going to change from his preference for a massive game like this. Would like to see Azpi starting here but just can't see it happening.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Schalke´s players are injured, I see Jose ordering a relentless attack.

From the 1st whistle until the end, I would like to see.

There is no other way. The 3 points are needed to cement the 1st place here.

Relentless pressing also. But that would mean Mata wouldn't start the game.

Given that we'll beat Steaua at home, we'll then need to only match Schalke's result vs Basel to qualify. Not the best situation, I know, but certainly miles better than losing on Tuseday because we'd basically be back on Thursday night if we do.

I don't think anyone has ever said that about Ryan before! :P Bertrand offers nothing special, but he is as reliable as they get. If there is one player I don't mind getting injured it would be Ash because Ryan is just so solid.

Lol :D it's kinda true though not much people would want Bertrand in their line up especially in an important-ish match. We've trusted Cole to perform for so long and he has delivered each and every time in the past but he hasn't been his best in awhile so apart from just getting rested Bertrand should be given a run because although he's no Cole he has basically done what's asked of him in the past.

Lol :D it's kinda true though not much people would want Bertrand in their line up especially in an important-ish match. We've trusted Cole to perform for so long and he has delivered each and every time in the past but he hasn't been his best in awhile so apart from just getting rested Bertrand should be given a run because although he's no Cole he has basically done what's asked of him in the past.

Tbf, Ryan has performed very well in many big games for us as well. The CL final is just one example. I would like to see Ash for the big games because of his experience as well. But I'd never feel concerned or worried for seeing Bertrand's name on our team-sheet.

Tbf, Ryan has performed very well in many big games for us as well. The CL final is just one example. I would like to see Ash for the big games because of his experience as well. But I'd never feel concerned or worried for seeing Bertrand's name on our team-sheet.

Plus the 0-0 draw at Emirates a couple seasons ago. He was voted by the Skysports commentary team as MOTM. He never has been a weakness. Just not as high profiled as Cole but a very good option to have.

It's my birthday on Tuesday so Chelsea have only 1 option - I take only 3 points (or not losing) as my gift. Given their injuries and situation in the table, though, we should be aiming for the win.

When has Bertrand ever played poorly? He's no worldbeater but he's a reliable safe option.

If anyone deserves to be dropped it's Ivanovic. Teams keep giving him the freedom of the pitch and he hardly ever capatilzes on it.

he's very, very, incredibly poor with the ball on his feet, he doesn't know what to do with it and I'm not even talking about only crosses. Defensively he's good though. but forget about any link up with the LW because he's below criticism with the ball.

Plus the 0-0 draw at Emirates a couple seasons ago. He was voted by the Skysports commentary team as MOTM. He never has been a weakness. Just not as high profiled as Cole but a very good option to have.

When has Bertrand ever played poorly? He's no worldbeater but he's a reliable safe option.

Indeed. The only real bad game from him was the home game against Shakhtar last season but even then, he had to defend that left flank all by himself against 2-3 players. Otherwise, he has been solid defensively and I don't think there has been a moment where we were crying out for Cole to return or basically complaining about another case of Bosingwa-esque defending at the LB with Bertrand.