Schalke v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It´s obvious Iva will play tonight. There is no need to dispute it.

If needed, Azpi might get in, but I doubt it.

Even though, Luiz might had some dubious plays in his recent game, I still think he should be playing tonight. Chelsea needs to attack, relentlessly.

Yet to see any news suggesting otherwise. So, yeah.

Maybe De Bruyne paid his ticket himself so he doesn't have to watch from his sofa again, but from the stands in Gelsenkirchen.

Please no Lampard tonight. Can't afford to shackle Ramires tonight by making him cover so much for Lamps.

I know there's no way we will, but I wish we'd play a 4-3-3 here with Hazard/Torres/Mata up top and Shürrle/Oscar/Ramires in midfield. Think we could win pretty handily lining up like that.

Please no Lampard tonight. Can't afford to shackle Ramires tonight by making him cover so much for Lamps.

I know there's no way we will, but I wish we'd play a 4-3-3 here with Hazard/Torres/Mata up top and Shürrle/Oscar/Ramires in midfield. Think we could win pretty handily lining up like that.

No way Shurrle becomes effective in the 4-3-3 midfield. More likely player to take that position is de Bruyne.

No way Shurrle becomes effective in the 4-3-3 midfield. More likely player to take that position is de Bruyne.

You're right. Either way I'd still love to see 4-3-3.

I actually wouldn't mind starting KdB regardless of how we lineup. What a huge boost to his confidence it would be to get the nod in a big game like this. It could be just like Mata where if he does well here he'd start against City too.

lol that smirk make him look like avram grant a bit. wanna see azpi playing 2morrow but i guess not possible (as starters)

Contrary to what people said, I don't think that's Jose. He had black Adidas trainers and a black track suit top on yesterday during training.

Is Ivanovic suspended? Why are everybody choosing Azi over him?

It's confusing to me too. Ivanovic has been fantastic all season and a reliable fixture in the team. Cole is out so why you'd want more disruption in the backline I don't know.

Maybe it's something to do with Ivanovic attacking and crossing like a CB...

Maybe it's something to do with Ivanovic attacking and crossing like a CB...

And maybe people are forgetting that Azpi got the same level of stick about his crossing last year too. In fact I remember it because I defended him by saying that his crossing wasn't actually that bad, but that he very rarely had a target to aim for.

The same applies to Ivanovic. His crossing isn't as bad as people make out, but who exactly is he supposed to aim for? We don't have a a Drogba anymore.

Conversely Ivanovic provides a massive threat at set-pieces, and already has one match-winner to his name. It's not just as easy as saying Azpi crosses better ergo we should play him. Why make changes in one area where it doesn't necessarily need it as much as others? Why not maintain consistency in one area whilst you're working on others and then look to make these smaller changes when the team is more settled?

Expecting Schalke to game-raise their asses off like everyone does against us.

Think it'll be really tight at halftime and a couple of second half Jose subs will bring us the result in the end. Can see Mata coming off the bench here.