Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Although i understand were you are coming from, the situation is completely different.

Torres was a £100m striker (contract and transfer), so the club felt they had a (misguided) sense of duty to do what they can to get him to succeed, which unfortunately was in Danny's expense.

Eto'o could well sign a pre contract in January, meaning him and Lukaku won't cross path's again.

They're different in some senses, but once again this club has made the decision to go with 'proven' names over young talent.

We're a club being run seemingly by charts and graphs rather than intuition. Eto'o has won leagues and Champions Leagues whereas Lukaku is still young, so Eto'o should statistically be more likely to help us win something....or maybe they're just going by their ratings on FIFA 14.

I don't know, but there's a distinct lack of soul in some of this club's decisions.

Like the only place to be keeps stating, our problem solver is at Everton. I'm not saying he would score 30 goals here but there has to be a point where you stop, take stock and say now is the time for the boy Lukaku, which should of been the time back in the summer. Eto'o will do a job but I can not and will not believe he can be the one to fire us to the brink of winning the league.

I just think the choice to allow Lukaku to leave on loan and bring Eto'o was the most baffling thing for a long time at this club. Whether it be Lukaku asking or us telling him, from my point of view he should of been told in no uncertain terms he stays here, and I bet he would answered the critics and outshone Torres and Ba with ease, simply because he is hungry, and right now we do not have hungry strikers.

He's leaving in the summer anyway, so why farm him off now? Brilliant player to bring off the bench, and he'll score another half-dozen goals before he leaves. If he ends up with 10 goals and 5 assists in all competitions in his first season in English football having played only about 50% of our matches, I'd be pretty pleased tbh. I wasn't expecting much when he arrived.

This is it.

He's leaving in the summer anyway, so why farm him off now? Brilliant player to bring off the bench, and he'll score another half-dozen goals before he leaves. If he ends up with 10 goals and 5 assists in all competitions in his first season in English football having played only about 50% of our matches, I'd be pretty pleased tbh. I wasn't expecting much when he arrived.

If he doesn't emulate Lukaku in the League, I'd consider his signing a failure considering his arrival forced Luk to go out on loan.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

So 10 goals in about 30 games is what is acceptable from a guy earning roughly £7 million per year and who cost about £5million.

Lukaku has scored 8 goals in 11 games.

He couldn't be on that much, could he? I don't think there are any sources concerning his wages either.

So 10 goals in about 30 games is what is acceptable from a guy earning roughly £7 million per year and who cost about £5million.

Lukaku has scored 8 goals in 11 games.

I'm not directly paying his wages so that part is irrelevant to me. The fact is, if Lukaku was here, he'd be getting the same amount of game-time as Eto'o/Torres. And his development would be stunted for that reason.

I'm not directly paying his wages so that part is irrelevant to me. The fact is, if Lukaku was here, he'd be getting the same amount of game-time as Eto'o/Torres. And his development would be stunted for that reason.

That's my thinking too. We might as well squeeze whatever last bits we can out of those 3 while Lukaku plays every week, next season two of them will be gone while the other is #3 behind Lukaku and someone else hopefully.

Plus if we count our strikers as 'one', they have 11 between them so far, so if they do that in the second half they will get 22-25, which will be fine considering how many our AM's and even Rami/Lamps get.

If Eto'o decided he wanted to stay and sit on the remainder of his contract like Malouda/Bogarde did to us, then the only way Anzhi could have got rid of him was to release him while paying his whole contract off.

That is true, but there were a lot of rich clubs across the world after him, so I don't think he'd have stayed anyway.

The fact is that players like Lukaku SHOULD be getting more chances but instead we go for has-beens who are little more than names nowadays. If we can't develop a player like Lukaku at this point in his career then what is the fucking point?

And the only reason Eto'o and Torres get the game time they do is because neither one of them has been able to nail the shirt down. Cech has. Ivanovic has. Terry has. Azpi has in recent weeks. Ramires has. Hazard has. Oscar had. SEVEN players have appeared in at least 15 games this season so why on Earth wouldn't Lukaku if he matched the form he is in with Everton???

That's my thinking too. We might as well squeeze whatever last bits we can out of those 3 while Lukaku plays every week, next season two of them will be gone while the other is #3 behind Lukaku and someone else hopefully.

Next season....next season....always next season. :rolleyes:

He couldn't be on that much, could he? I don't think there are any sources concerning his wages either.

It's a Mail article so make of it what you will

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2404952/Chelsea-sign-Samuel-Etoo-7million-year-deal.html

Other than his woeful finishing, didn't think he played too bad. Better than that donkey Ba anyways.

What game were you watching? Apart from that miss he was invisible ! they are both as bad as each other , they wouldn't get a game at any other team!

What game were you watching? Apart from that miss he was invisible ! they are both as bad as each other , they wouldn't get a game at any other team!

Maybe it was the fact he was missing that made him seem ok! Everyone else was just terrible (bar Willian, Luiz and Cesar) :D.