Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

He just came back from injury and hasn't played in ages ffs. Of course he's going to be rusty. The overreaction in here is ridiculous.

Was it an eye injury? He cost us that third goal because he gave the ball away at the worst possible point.

What was he trying to do? Why did he not pass the ball to the right-wing to a wide-open Mata? What could returning from an injury and being rusty possibly have to do with what he did when he received the ball?

I'm not having a go but let's try and be consistent when appraising our strikers be they 20 or 32.

If you can explain what rustiness has to do with what happened in that single incident when he receives the ball in transition then fine. It might explain his general shit play and ineffectiveness in the rest of his game, but in that precise instance I think it's just him not being a particularly good play anymore.

He just came back from injury and hasn't played in ages ffs. Of course he's going to be rusty. The overreaction in here is ridiculous.

When are people going to stop using the excuse he's rusty, he is rustier than the tin man at the minute. We can't wait around for him to get better. Just admit it people his best days are over. We should never have got him. I pray we swap him for someone else in Jan. Deny it all you want, it's true, he struggles to score, oddly falls over the fall alot, gives the ball away alot, and due to that he cost us that game.

When are people going to stop using the excuse he's rusty, he is rustier than the tin man at the minute. We can't wait around for him to get better. Just admit it people his best days are over. We should never have got him. I pray we swap him for someone else in Jan. Deny it all you want, it's true, he struggles to score, oddly falls over the fall alot, gives the ball away alot, and due to that he cost us that game.

Criticism is fine by me but making a single player scapegoat for everything for last game is silly...

Was it an eye injury? He cost us that third goal because he gave the ball away at the worst possible point.

What was he trying to do? Why did he not pass the ball to the right-wing to a wide-open Mata? What could returning from an injury and being rusty possibly have to do with what he did when he received the ball?

I'm not having a go but let's try and be consistent when appraising our strikers be they 20 or 32.

If you can explain what rustiness has to do with what happened in that single incident when he receives the ball in transition then fine. It might explain his general shit play and ineffectiveness in the rest of his game, but in that precise instance I think it's just him not being a particularly good play anymore.

Your opinions are shit tbh, he's fucked up ONCE all year (right after an injury layoff), give him a break lmao.

If you can't understand that any player will be rusty after not playing for nearly 3 weeks (if I'm correct, might be longer) then I can't help you. Doesn't matter if it's Eto'o, I'd be saying the exact same for anyone else.

I never said it wasn't his fault, he definitely gets the majority of blame for us conceding the goal, but he's been okay this season in general.

My point is that it was an isolated incident that I don't think would've happened if he wasn't just coming back from injury. I would be saying the same if it was Lukaku who was in the same situation I would be saying the exact same thing.

I never said it wasn't his fault, he definitely gets the majority of blame for us conceding the goal, but he's been okay this season in general.

My point is that it was an isolated incident that I don't think would've happened if he wasn't just coming back from injury. I would be saying the same if it was Lukaku who was in the same situation I would be saying the exact same thing.

Eto'o has been passable but he has two goals in the Premier League, one from Ridgewell having a brainfart and one which the ref didn't realise was against the rules of football.

He is what he is - a 32 year old version of Samuel Eto'o who went into what was effectively semi-retirement. This club chose that over a hungry, unpolished diamond. That is what this club does.

If you can't understand that any player will be rusty after not playing for nearly 3 weeks (if I'm correct, might be longer) then I can't help you. Doesn't matter if it's Eto'o, I'd be saying the exact same for anyone else.

I don't remember asking for your help Skip <_<

It is my opinion, you disagree fine, but he spent too long wasting away in Russia, he is past it, sooner we admit it and find someone else the better.

The sad thing is that despite him being semi retired we usually look like a better side when he is playing as shown by a recent article looking at all three of our supposed "strikers"

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/12/8/5188840/chelsea-fc-shot-frequency-fernando-torres-samuel-etoo-demba-ba-jose-mourinho

The sad thing is that despite him being semi retired we usually look like a better side when he is playing as shown by a recent article looking at all three of our supposed "strikers"

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/12/8/5188840/chelsea-fc-shot-frequency-fernando-torres-samuel-etoo-demba-ba-jose-mourinho

He's still got the intelligence to make the right runs, but he is 32. Players get old and they lose part of what made them great.

Torres seems to have lost pretty much everything that made him special, and Ba never really had it in the first place.

hahaha, we do not look better with Etoo for me, thats funny

Statiscally we look better with him in the side - the entire team and Eto'o average more shots and shots on target with him in the side.

I still don't feel like he is any where near good enough to be first choice striker at a club at our stature but he is a slight improvement over Torres and Ba