Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

He wins every ball on air because he can protect it very well and win the best position, he works really hard in defense, he is scoring, he has a good conection with thwe other players. I think he is doing it really well and he should be in the starting eleven more often.

Torres is injured anyway, but supposing both are fit I think there should be a real rotation between them, with each starting 50% of matches

He was absolutely amazing today.

And people should notice that our strikers have been scoring consistently since last month except the Newcastle match where they didn't get any service at all.

Loved this guy from his time at Barcelona and Inter, always had that great ability to turn and cause danger. Jose was very clever in his after match assessment saying he has seen Hilderbrand in other countries and how his distribution is slow and that Samu was told of this. But that is all well and good but then it's up to the forward to put this to task in game- he did and he took us from a really average moment to a momentum builder just by pressing a keeper and seeing the rewards. Big credit for that, because he could of easily thought "Fuck that" but he pressed and got what he wanted, the celebration said it all.

Second was just a sublime finish, the ball from Willian still needed a great first touch, it was at pace and he took it so, so well.

Well done Samu, keep it up.

The first goal was a fluke, but some might call that experience.

The second was just sumptuous though, and the type of goal we've probably missed from our strikers. Clinical, powerful, confident...and Eto'o just seems more mellow compared to how I remember him. When Draxler went in on him 9 out of 10 players would've reacted in some way, but he's seen it all before and just helped the kid up (should've seen a card for that in my opinion).

I've said before that he looks like a 32 year old Eto'o when I've commented on his pace, but it seems like he's lost none of the instincts that made him so dangerous. He might still be able to do a job for us until May.

Eto´o lack of real competition in Russia, no motivation there, he just filled his pockets...etc.

Somehow, I get the feeling this guy is getting better weekly. If he can start scoring, watch out boys. Him & Ferda popping them goals in, oh boy.

He sprinted 6m faster than Hildebrand needed for 1m. That is how you earn a goal. Also his run for the 2nd was only possible by his immense pace to give him acres of space for the finish. He, Willian and Ramires prove much too fast for a naive Schalke team.

Everyone will talk about the goals, so I'll talk about something else:

This guy is the ultimate professional. Right at the end of the first half, someone slid on Eto'o from behind and caught him by the byline. You could see how upset he was at that reckless tackle, he quickly got up to his feet and walked up to the player; even the 4th ref thought he was going to clash with him and stepped onto the pitch to stop him. But Eto'o quickly regained his composure and calmly just helped the guy who had tackled him back on his feet.

I also love how he runs to the fans when he scores. Trying to find a GIF of the celebration of his second goal, but can't.

I have always said I want what's best for Chelsea and always said I really want to see Etoo of old.

We finally saw it last night, I have been very critical of him, probably having watched him play for different clubs. I wanted to see that Etoo that we know and love and it was a marvellous feeling for me as a fan and great for our club. We NEED the strikers to be on form.

It was wonderful how we came back from a bad result.

I will always say well done when deserved.

Well Done Etoo, keep it up!!

I was saying the same about Eto'o before he started scoring, that while the 3 are struggling for goals he should play because he is the best technically etc etc.

None are long term answer's however so hopefully we can find a solution sooner rather than later.

I'm just saying change the record please, you tend to do overhype the situation more than it needs to be.

• 2 weeks later...