Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Eto'o has been passable but he has two goals in the Premier League, one from Ridgewell having a brainfart and one which the ref didn't realise was against the rules of football.

It was Hazard that scored that one in the end.

You haven´t seen nothing yet. Eto´o is an upcoming striker soon. Just needs to wake up from his hibernation.

Hahah brilliant, he needs to take those pound shop batteries oh and get some duracell's in

Statiscally we look better with him in the side - the entire team and Eto'o average more shots and shots on target with him in the side.

I still don't feel like he is any where near good enough to be first choice striker at a club at our stature but he is a slight improvement over Torres and Ba

Thing is with Eto'o is if all else fails he atleast gets the basics right like not turning over the ball nearly every time he gets it, que someone quoting me and mentioning the Stoke game, like he has been doing it all season.

Good, never should have been signed in the first place. May aswell ship him off in January, wouldn't make much of a difference.

Not a bad move for him though, Anzhi fell apart but in us he found another club to get big money from, very clever indeed.

Good, never should have been signed in the first place. May aswell ship him off in January, wouldn't make much of a difference.

Not a bad move for him though, Anzhi fell apart but in us he found another club to get big money from, very clever indeed.

He could have sat on his contract at Anzhi if he wanted too.

I really hope that is too true but as someone said can't we just get rid of him in Jan, he has been a terrible signing.

Was watching MNF earlier and Jamie Carragher was saying Eto'o is a player that can't hold the ball up/bring others into play to save his life. The 30 minutes or so that Eto'o played vs Stoke must have been the only time he's ever watched him play

They wanted to get rid of him actually, he would have been off anyway, even if we didn't buy him.

If Eto'o decided he wanted to stay and sit on the remainder of his contract like Malouda/Bogarde did to us, then the only way Anzhi could have got rid of him was to release him while paying his whole contract off.

He's leaving in the summer anyway, so why farm him off now? Brilliant player to bring off the bench, and he'll score another half-dozen goals before he leaves. If he ends up with 10 goals and 5 assists in all competitions in his first season in English football having played only about 50% of our matches, I'd be pretty pleased tbh. I wasn't expecting much when he arrived.

He's leaving in the summer anyway, so why farm him off now? Brilliant player to bring off the bench, and he'll score another half-dozen goals before he leaves. If he ends up with 10 goals and 5 assists in all competitions in his first season in English football having played only about 50% of our matches, I'd be pretty pleased tbh. I wasn't expecting much when he arrived.

Excuse me, but you weren´t expecting much from him ? Were you expecting him to be a player off the bench to stumble around & to score of some left overs, then ?

It seems to me, Jose prefers all these washed ups, Essien, Eto´o he brought in, Roman pays them well, to stink up the place.

Meanwhile, young & talented players were loaned out or are sitting on the bench.

Excuse me, but you weren´t expecting much from him ? Were you expecting him to be a player off the bench to stumble around & to score of some left overs, then ?

It seems to me, Jose prefers all these washed ups, Essien, Eto´o he brought in, Roman pays them well, to stink up the place.

Meanwhile, young & talented players were loaned out or are sitting on the bench.

Anyone who expects anything of a 32 year old has-been is deluded.

He represents everything bad about this club over the last decade. In the space of 72 hours we signed him and loaned out Lukaku.

Overpaid, under-performing and he could well be to Lukaku what Torres was to Sturridge.

Although i understand were you are coming from, the situation is completely different.

Torres was a £100m striker (contract and transfer), so the club felt they had a (misguided) sense of duty to do what they can to get him to succeed, which unfortunately was in Danny's expense.

Eto'o could well sign a pre contract in January, meaning him and Lukaku won't cross path's again.